Goal Music

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Dry your eyes you bunch of princesses. Anyone think to ask the club just how many people out of the 2600 average crowd emailed in to complain about it ??
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the idiots that enjoy the music are probably too dumb to know how to use email!!
still keeping the faith
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I'm sorry Bucks, but why in the world would you want to bring goal music back!

What sort of atmosphere are we going to create at home, when we're booing over the goal music, when we should be celebrating a goal.

There are other ways to improve the atmosphere at games, but goal music isn't one of them. I say give us the away stand and we'll show you how we can create an atmosphere at Plainmoor.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

And another thing...grrrr....acrobats? 'Kin acrobats????? Is anyone going to decide to go to football on the basis that they may see acrobats at half time? Normally, Plainmoor is nearly empty until about 2.45, and then again at half time. Does Bucks honestly believe that supporters will foresake having a pint (or, indeed a soft beverage) so they can watch some scantily clad young women with pom poms? Oh, bad example...but what is the match day experience all about? In lower leagues anyway? I embrace change if it's for the better, but I'm well huffy about all this rubbish. Bucks should worry about the team's performance, the Chairman should have a quiet word with him and assert his authority and then I shall go and dry my eyes in a very princess-y way...

Oh. Wait. As an afterthought too - how much will this pre match entertainment cost? Are singers and jugglers and fire eaters prepared to perform free of charge? Or will the cost be covered by the huge increase in the crowds?
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I actually think Buckle has some semi-decent ideas in that article, but it's not his job to think about what song the cheerleaders should be dancing to at half-time. He has enough on his plate without needing to worry about ideas to boost attendances, although I do applaud him for actually trying to help the club in areas that most managers avoid.

But the goal music is a huge own-goal. Simon Baker is against the idea, so I'm not quite sure why Buckle is calling the shots. I imagine that Bucks wasn't the one who was forced to read through the tons of complaints that filtered through to the club afte the Barnet game. As already hinted on this thread, there will be a section of supporters who will jeer the music when we next score a goal. So instead of getting behind the players, which presumably is what Buckle wants, some fans will be wasting their energy protesting against tin-pot music that Buckle has forced upon us.

Baker needs to pull rank on this one. My guess is that it will be gone again by Christmas.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I seriously cannot believe what I am reading on here.
People are actually going to boo when/if we score??!!

Surely it would easier to chant throughout the match that you don't want the music, and then at least celebrate when we score. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Spart
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Spart »

scottbrehaut wrote:I seriously cannot believe what I am reading on here.
People are actually going to boo when/if we score??!!

Surely it would easier to chant throughout the match that you don't want the music, and then at least celebrate when we score. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!!
Or how about everybody just supports the team throughout the match AND cheer when we score. Its only a bit of half time entertainment and a 20 second clip when we score. Stop being so bloody grumpy.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

what was the goal music today?
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

tufcgull wrote:what was the goal music today?
Couldnt hear any over the cheering :clap:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To me all this talk of booing,and not bothering to go to matchs because of goal music,is total and utter nonsense.

I argee with fletch here,i was cheering the goal and to be honest i can not tell what music was played,to me it was nothing more than an a little background noise not worth getting the knickers in a twist over.

As said below it is nothing more than 20 seconds ,give it a few weeks and you wont even notice it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

hi all, really who really gives a monkey bout the music,have done without it b4 so god only knows why we need it now, the only entertainment we want is our beloved gulls to do that week after week, so come on bucks do our entertaining on the pitch, keep these results goin, and they will be flooding back....simon :ball2: :ball1: :goal:
Pepperami
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Pepperami »

Dunno what the music is called. It's what they play between legs at the darts. Where it works a treat.
At Plainmoor? Derivative, pointless, unnecessary.
Boo!
Lovely to see Kee take responsibilty and drayshe it home though. Good effort all round I thought. Loved the mutual baiting between the Pop Side and their keeper. Now that's what I call a proper atmosphere.
GazNorthernGull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by GazNorthernGull »

If you look at teams like Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves with the 'Hi-Ho Silverlining' song, both the teams have made it a traditional song to their club so when they score and win a match they play that song and 3/4 of the attendance sing along and add Sheffield Wednesday or Woverhampton instead of the Silvelining bit, and it sounds amazing, my point is that a theme song that gets everyone 'buzzing' can't be bad can it? If big clubs can do it then why not us?
Pepperami
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Pepperami »

My parents often used to play a "South Pacific" LP.
"Happy Torquay Torquay Happy Talk
Talk about things you like to do
You got to have a team
You got have a team
Anybody but Man U"

Boo.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Pepperami wrote:Dunno what the music is called. It's what they play between legs at the darts. Where it works a treat.
Chase the sun by Planet Funk:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com