Goal Music

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Goal Music

Post by Jerry »

Seems like Bucks has decided we are going to continue with this after all! :evil:

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 66,00.html

"One initiative taken recently was to play goal celebration music when then Gulls scored and it is a feature that Bucks is to continue with"
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Not long until this thread becomes a hotbead of negativity. Its not that big a deal, although if were doing goal music, we may aswell do Kids prices cheaper in the family stand. Lets see how long it takes until people stop supporting our club because of goal music. Seriously, not that big of a deal. It shows the club wants to try new things. Loads of clubs do it. Its not like were losing all sense of dignity. In my personal opinion id rather we didnt have it, but I dont care if we do. :)
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

cant wait to see the gullettes.! ;-)
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

So we play goal music the fans complain to the club and they decide to suspend it. 1 week later they go ahead and bring this crap back?

What i don't get is how can they claim that goal music creates a better atmosphere? when we score at home EVERY home fan is jumping and cheering. Its only DURING the match at points when we go quiet the atmosphere becomes poor. so tell me, how does playing goal music create a better atmosphere when that is the point of all matches we are creating noise?

I will never stop supporting my club because of this. But i can say i dislike it very much. Disappointing.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Ridiculous from the club. How does anyone think playing music over that tinny piece of crap of a p.a system is going to create an atmosphere God only knows!!

I will be roundly booing this decision tomorrow and hope you all do the same.

It seems our manager and chairman believe we objected to the choice of music rather than the decision to play it.

Edit: I just want to say that I am all for the other initiatives the club have come up with. Its just that Plainmoor is not Twickenham or Wembley and just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't mean we should!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

i wont be booing tomorrow no,

becuase we would have just scored!, let make the club see we dont need the music! Cheer loud enough to drown it out!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Personally I am absolutely disgusted.

I have sent another e-mail to the club outlining my disappointment.

To all those who say it doesn't really matter, I will reiterate the point I made when it first happened; it is not just the goal music in itself (although that is terrible enough), it shows that Torquay United has stooped as low as it can, and joined the rank of fake commercial football club PLCs, and forgotten about its fans.

To try it is one thing. You can't argue with trying to do something. However complaints were received and they rightly u-turned on the decision. But to then start doing it again just because Mr Buckle wants it? If he wants it buy him an iPod and a decent pair of headphones, but leave me to celebrate and enjoy the moment with my friends.

People will stop going because of this. Not because of the act in itself, but because of its wider implications. Most of us could stay at home and watch Sky if we wanted to watch football, we don't have to come down to plainmoor. We do it because it's real football for real fans, and goal music is a sign that this is no longer the case. The fans that crave this real football will go elsewhere, either to local football, their armchairs, or shopping with the wife and kiddies.

And how its supposed to entice people in is beyond me. The only people who will hear it are people that are already there!

It matters, believe me.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Although personnally I don't like the idea of 'goal ' music I think it's a bit strong to say people would not attend future games because of it ! Come on get real. If its helps lets give it a try at Plainmorgue !!!
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

If you don't like the music you can always sit at the back of the family stand.
I didn't hear a thing last time above the cheering
But there again that might be because I'm going deaf.
:clap: :clap:
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Oh blimey, of course I'm going to be negative here. What a crock of stuff from Bucks. I'm sorry but I want to see football at Plainmoor. Good, entertaining, exciting football. The rest is just a load of b****x. Dancing girls, singers, celebration music. Get real, Bucks. :evil:
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Well they listened to feedback and stopped it.

However, it seems Bucks didn t listen that hard and it s back again.

This is from a man who says about Benyon s booking “I'm quite angry about it really, I can't believe you can be booked for celebrating a goal”. Perhaps he never watches live football on the TV? Perhaps he doesn t know what to believe?

Buckspeak. It s back...!
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

shows his true colours, never liked him, still dont
still keeping the faith
stargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by stargull »

SteveDeckchair wrote: Edit: I just want to say that I am all for the other initiatives the club have come up with. Its just that Plainmoor is not Twickenham or Wembley and just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't mean we should!

Spot on. I've just emailed the club too, and this will put me off going. The point is that we have to position ourselves as different from the Sky-ified Premiership, not be a pale imitation of it. The success of clubs like FC United who have made an explicit pitch along the lines of 'REAL football' shows us the way...
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

In relation to the goal music,,,I'm struggling with the concept that the club have previously said we want to know what people want then go against that ,,,, why? Buckle has stuck his neck out, going against what fans want, on a non footballing reason, he has to expect critism. Everything else re; pre, post and HT entertainment I'm all for.

It's oppressive and has a negative effect on goal celebrations IMO.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:i wont be booing tomorrow no,

becuase we would have just scored!, let make the club see we dont need the music! Cheer loud enough to drown it out!!

Much better idea than stupidly booing when we score. You may not like the idea, and be annoyed that despite complaints they are to continue with it. However there is a time and place for everything, and booing the team cos of a 20sec clip of music after we scored is ridiculous