Zebroski

General chat about anything else goes here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I find it hilarious that people seem to think the prefacing anything with the phrase "with all due respect" is basically a license to be disrespectful.

With all due respect, you're all a bunch of tosspots.

See what I did there?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

happytorq wrote:I find it hilarious that people seem to think the prefacing anything with the phrase "with all due respect" is basically a license to be disrespectful.

With all due respect, you're all a bunch of tosspots.

See what I did there?
It's very much in the same vein as "I'm not racist, but..." - a sentence that is guaranteed to end in something incredibly racist!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

BritishGAS wrote:Yeovil to be fair to them, have always been a decent supported little club, even though they have been in non league all through their history, they have still managed to average bigger gates than Torquay. Even when they were down in the now defunct ISIS League they were averaging about 3.5k to 4k.

They wont sustain it though either, I think they will go down next season.

Rochdale have been in League 2 for 50 odd years without a promotion, and yes fair play to them, they got promoted and did well in their 1st season at that level, but again they wont be there long.

And Exeter are about as good as they will ever be, but they have been where they are before, its not a real surprise to see Exeter in League 1, they went down to their lowest ebb a few years ago when they went down to the Blue Square, but have came back up, Ever since I have followed football they have been either League 1 or League 2.

I am not saying you need bigger crowds to survive, but unless you have a rich benefactor like Wigan or Crawley you aint never going to progress that far in the long term.

If Bristol Rovers, like Bradford, Luton, Oxford, Swindon etc get a decent team with success, you can see them progressing up the ladder because they have bigger fan bases than the likes of yourselves, Accrington, Morecambe, Stevenage, D&G, Macclesfield, Barnet the list goes on.

Its not banter its just that I am stating the blinking obvious, and stating common sense.
Please get your facts right before you post. Yeovil were indeed a well supported club for a non-league team but mainly because their gates reached 4 figures. There was one occasion - as an ISIS League team - that they got 8000 for a title decider v Enfield but they did not average the gates you are suggesting. In fact the season they won the conference, for much of it they were getting around 2500...it was as the season climaxed that their gates rocketed and they sustained that for about 4 years.

Rochdale...- 50 years...1973 was when they left what is now League 1...hardly 50 years.

As for Exeter being either League 1 or 2...well that's exactly the same with us. they have not spent many more years at that level than us.

As for Bristol Rovers...once a yo-yo between Championship and League 1...sadly that sort of status is long gone and you are now a yo-yo between League 1 and 2.

btw - why would anyone in Bristol support Bristol Rovers when you have a much better team in the city. But like Notts County fans ignoring Forest, or Port Vale fans ignoring Stoke...or maybe even Barnet fans ignoring Spurs...family curse?
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

cambgull wrote: It's very much in the same vein as "I'm not racist, but..." - a sentence that is guaranteed to end in something incredibly racist!
Yes. Exactly, agree with both of you.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I'm not sure it's fair for us to ask the visiting Rovers fans to be respectful, and then not offer the same in return? Sometimes you reap what you sow.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

cambgull wrote: It's very much in the same vein as "I'm not racist, but..." - a sentence that is guaranteed to end in something incredibly racist!

True, very true.

As a statistic of the multitude called the human RACE, I'm in the RACE to the finishing line, so therefore I'm a RACIST. :nod:

Then there's the tale of the tortoise, the hare and Michelle. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
allez mons
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by allez mons »

Totally agree Hector...

Just because you carry the name of a "City" does not automatically make you a big club. County will always be in the shadow of Forest; City will never be as big as United; Birmingham will forever be in the shadow of Villa just as Bristol Rovers will never be as big as Bristol City - fact. Rovers were the club - now its our turn to be patronising - that had to move in with their non-league cousins at Bath for a decade because they were so skint that they had to sell their ground - very clever! Would you sell your house with nowhere else to move into BritishGAS? Isn't your ground owned by the egg-chasers? Glass houses, stones etc......Poor "little" Rochdale, Yeovil, Exeter. Are they not a Division higher?

The main case in point is Zebroski. If he goes fine - but why to you? A step sideways/backwards? He is under contract at TUFC so if and when he goes he will go for whatever amount is best for TUFC, not because of what "on the brink of administration" BRFC can afford (that last comment is copyright BBC Sport last month so take it up with them if you have issues). Also, if you can find the dosh to buy all these TUFC palyers, why couldn't you find it last season to save you from relegation? Just a thought. You have Buckle but the cynic in me thinks that he has moved for social/personal reasons (shacked up in Bristol with a certain Sports TV presenter) than professional. :scarf:
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Again why do you have to resort to such pathetic, petty bullsh*t, You cry like babies when you get offended when I say something which isn't offensive in the slightest, but find it ok to slander my club with such complete and utter drivel. What is with all the hypocritical, Contadictory, Pot, Kettle, Black bollocks?

The majority on here reply with honest, reasonable, inteligent posts, others even say they welcome me on here and like what I have to say, but a few have to resort to such ignorant, shoddy, pathetic nonsense. I suppose every club "Has it's sh*ts" to quote Alan Partridge.

1. Why would scousers still support Everton, while their nearest neighbours have won 5 European Cups and 18 League titles always living in their shadow? Because of loyalty, Family ties passed down from generation to generation, brought up to support who you support thats why. What a stupid question that was.

2. United are one of the biggest clubs in world football, and Forest have won league titles, FA Cups and 2 European Cups, while Stoke have always been far bigger than Port Vale, and what is with the Spurs/Barnet example????...How can you equate and compare the 2 Bristol clubs with them? That is the funniest thing I think I have ever read.

City are a better club at the moment, nobody is desputing that whatsoever, but they have not got more supporters than Rovers, and to even compare the sh*t, with United, Forest and Spurs is absolutey hilarious. They have a rich owner ploughing money into them, that has taken them to where they are now. Thats all. Comparing Bristol C*ty with those genuinly big clubs is absolutely priceless and has had me in stitches for quite a while, Your as mental as they are deluded if you think that is the case.

As for the other bullsh*t, yes we had to move to Bath because we were skint, but we dont rent from the Egg-chasers, we own the ground and are going to rebuild it into a 20k all seater top class stadium, which will hopefully help us achieve our long term goals. It is very similar to Brighton, they had to leave The Goldstone Ground, and move 80 miles away to Gillingham to play for a few years, and had to play in The Withdean for a decade, I bet a few morinc buffoons on here were mimicking them to, now look at them, they are leaving a number of clubs in Their shadow and I would not be surprised to see them in The Premier League in a few years.

As for Zebroski like I have said previously I dont really know a lot about him, So I am not to bothered whether he comes here or not, but if I was Zebroski I would just look at the number of top strikers we have produced over the years Like Devon White, Marcus Stewart, Peter Beadle,Craig Bellamy Jamie Cureton, Barry Hayles,Jason Roberts, Nathan Ellington, Bobby Zamora, Junior Agogo, Rickie Lambert, Scott Sinclair and Will Hoskins, and think that Rovers produce and make better players out of strikers more than any other league club, and think that we could indeed do the same to him.

Dont believe everything you read, If Rovers were on the brink of administration then we wouldn't of paid compo for Paul Buckle would we? and we wouldn't be offering a lucrative contract to a Championship goalkeeper, and we would not be scouting a number of players that Buckle and North have put on their hitlist. The money was there last season, we had players like Gavin Williams, Scott Davies, Conrad Logan on big pay packets, Unfortunatly we didn't appoint penny until the end of January when the window shut, so had to make do with loan signings. Anyway most Gasheads think that relegation was a blessing in disguise as it lets us start again and get rid of the deadwood Trollope dross that got us in this mess and start a fresh with a new management set up and a new set of players with a new ethos.

Whether Buckle is shacked up with R.Lowe is irrelivant, whats that got to do with the price of fish?, I dont care who you are, If you were offered a far bigger wage salary, a bigger budget to work with, a bigger house in an affluent city, and a lot more perks in the job then anybody would take it.

So less of the contadictory bullsh*t and more of the general discussion would be nice. I wont hold my breath!!!!
gashead josh

Post by gashead josh »

I think we should clear up this silly nonsense of a rumour that Rovers are some how going into administration. It may give you guys some satisfaction to hope that we're on the brink of collapse but nothing could be further from the truth. I hope this doesn't disappoint you.

Anybody that understands finances would know not all debt is created equal when it comes to a football club. For example a club with the exact same turnover could be more at risk of going into admin with 10 million of debt than another club with 50 million of debt.

It is true Rovers currently have a debt on their balance sheet of around £4.5 million, but £4.2 million of that are from directors at low interest. There is no time scale on repaying this debt and obviously they're never going to call the debt in or they'd only get pennies for every pound. This situation couldn't be more different to Argyle who owed debts to hundreds of different people/companies. It's also worth noting that the club have spent over £2 million on various aspects relating to the ground. There's also never been an unpaid bill to hmrc (unlike Cardiff etc).

City have a similar loan agreement with Steve Lansdown, who they're reported to owe £15 million. Man Utd had £600+ million with the Glazers (although a large chunk has now been paid off).

It's not a situation where we have very high interest loans that the club can't afford to keep up (such as Gillett + Hicks at Liverpool).

I know this isn't a Rovers forum so I didn't want to post this but people seem to be repeating the same inaccurate points about us some how being on the brink of collapse. Hopefully this puts those points to bed once and for all.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Thanks for that post which is absolutely relevant to the title of the thread and absolutely not another nail in it's coffin...

Matt.

Although it is nice to get your OPINION on the monies owed.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gashead josh

Post by gashead josh »

It was in reply to allez mons who stated BRFC were on the brink of admin. The same thing has also been repeated numerous occasions on various other posts. As I said, I appreciate it's a TUFC forum but based on the fact that so many people are repeating the same false information I thought it might be worth mentioning the facts.

I've got alot of respect for your club so please don't feel this is a dig. Infact, I've been to Plainmoor on 3 occasions this season and always look out for your results.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Bored of Bristol Rovers now.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

gashead josh wrote:It was in reply to allez mons who stated BRFC were on the brink of admin. The same thing has also been repeated numerous occasions on various other posts. As I said, I appreciate it's a TUFC forum but based on the fact that so many people are repeating the same false information I thought it might be worth mentioning the facts.

I've got alot of respect for your club so please don't feel this is a dig. Infact, I've been to Plainmoor on 3 occasions this season and always look out for your results.
Josh it seems that a few Gulls fans get great pleasure out of spouting utter nonsense and lies, and like to badmouth Rovers, but seem to blabber and cry when anything deemed unreasonable is said to them, even when it is not disflamotory in the slightest.

I think most Gasheads on here, like Myself, you and friendlyGas have been nothing but admirable and have stated that we have a lot of time for Torquay, yet still get shot down in flames.

Maybe the whole Paul Buckle escapade, has angered them greatly and they are still grieving, and need a little bit more time to come to terms with it.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Facts usually arrive with evidence...

Can't believe it's taken you this long Jamie,

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Ok British, properly bored with you now, consider this your first and last warning. We are a tolerant bunch on here. We do virtually no moderating at all because the place is self governing, but I for one am getting to the point with you, where nothing you say is relevant to the threads in which you post, and most of it is just the same old rubbish, repeated over and over.

I don't care if you have a lot of time for Torquay, I don't care if you 'mean well', be funny, be interesting or go back to your own board and be boring over there. You've had your say, no one cares now.

Matt.