Zebroski

General chat about anything else goes here.
gasgasgas88
New Signing
New Signing

Zebroski

Post by gasgasgas88 »

Hi chaps. So now PB is our new man in charge. Not here to give you " i told you so " lecture but as i said last time my source was a very reliable one and has never let me down before. And as i said before the timing of the whole matter was not the best to say the very least. But now whats done is done, hopefully both clubs can move on and have a successful season. The reason i am posting is to get your opinions on zebroski? He will be signing for rovers within the next few days. A fee in the region of 75k has been agreed. Feedback much appreciated.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hmm,not sure your intentions are entirely honourable with this thread to be honest, I will however give you the benefit of the doubt for a second, he is a top class league 2 player, right back on track, I suspect you already know that, and this is why you are getting all moist at the thought of signing him, this is the reason perhaps for the “guess what were are going to take Zebroski off you thread “ready for the I am not here to tell you “I told you so” but I did mention this a week ago response.

Our club should not stand in the way of anyone who does not want to be here, no one player is bigger than the club or replaceable, if this is the case and your club pays £75k for him fine, that s more than double what I believe our club paid for him so represents good buinsness for Torquay, I should imagine our new manager will get 50% of that to fine a replacement who does want to be here, so a positive for us.

It s clear the Buckle was swayed by a player budget that would give the chance to go out into the big wide world and put a super team together, then he comes straight back to us for our best players, hmm shows to me a lack of imagination from Buckle, and once again highlights his limitations as a manager, I suspect a few of our loanees will also be on your list, why, because he has not got the first clue who else to sign, with out Mr. Milton.
Formerly known as forevertufc
premierleaguegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Robertson

Post by premierleaguegull »

We are the flavour of the month aren't we! Could you wait until something concrete is announced, until you come on here picking through the rest of the squad?

Chris Zebroski? Awful player! I thought you'd be after some our good players? It's your money I guess, or the banks. I guess extending the overdraft a few more hundred thousand won't make too much difference.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

premierleaguegull wrote:We are the flavour of the month aren't we! Could you wait until something concrete is announced, until you come on here picking through the rest of the squad?

Chris Zebroski? Awful player! I thought you'd be after some our good players? It's your money I guess, or the banks. I guess extending the overdraft a few more hundred thousand won't make too much difference.
Not sure whehter your being serious or not there PLgull,whilst the fact there is"no" league 1 clubs that i know of in the queue to sign Zebroski which tells a story all of it's own,i certainly would not describe him as an awful player,should Chris Zebroski commit his future to Torquay us gulls fans would be delighted wouldn't we ? On the flip should he up and leave we will not be crying in a pint of beer either,as said he is replaceable.
Formerly known as forevertufc
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Horrible first touch, can't pick a pass, can't cross, can't tackle. Useless.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

75k not enough, why do we rarely get the value our players deserve?? ii seems we just accept the first offer that comes into their heads? especially letting him go to team in same division, and know he'll prob come back to haunt us!
still keeping the faith
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

If he does go, let's just remember his performance against Crawley, in which he looked like a proper retard.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

hmmm seems an odd one, i spoke to zebroski on saturday night as he was out in manchester with kee stevens ellis and possibly robbo altho my drunken memory cant quite picture the 5th player. Zebs told me that he felt at home at torquay and wasn't leaving and was of the opinion nobody would leave other than potter.

Now money changes heads and i cant see branston stayin now he hasn't been offered anything by the club (disgrace by the way). Doubt robinson stanners or tomlin have been offered anything either seems the club are going all out to find a new manager and forgetting about retaining these players who im sure any manager would want on board. I think with players leaving it will give stevens a repreive and another 2 year deal will be on offer so we have some form of winger singed up
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Not surprised that Bucks wants him but £75k? I would hope the chairman would hang up when he heard that figure. We got £125k for Benyon earlier in the season and Zebs is a far better all round player we should be asking around £200k.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Amen to that, dazgull.

Why the hell we continue to let ourselves get ripped off is beyond me.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

This is getting irritating. Well done you have the manager but the ink is barely dry and you lot come here and start laying claim to our players. :no:
But if he does go he's worth more than £75k.
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

JamieE wrote:Horrible first touch, can't pick a pass, can't cross, can't tackle. Useless.

Blimey theres some numpties on here! do you actually go to the match?
alongside branston and stanley zebs was clearly our most consistent performer...constant running, ability to conjure up something special and a big heart...would expect to get 150k for him
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Dave, I would imagine that Jamie is joking..
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

DavetheRave wrote:
Blimey theres some numpties on here! do you actually go to the match?
alongside branston and stanley zebs was clearly our most consistent performer...constant running, ability to conjure up something special and a big heart...would expect to get 150k for him
I'm not entirely sure that JamieE is being serious, he could just be putting our Rovers acquaintance off the idea of Zebs. At least I hope so since I too am a Zebroski fan.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

clemy1989 wrote:hmmm seems an odd one, i spoke to zebroski on saturday night as he was out in manchester with kee stevens ellis and possibly robbo altho my drunken memory cant quite picture the 5th player. Zebs told me that he felt at home at torquay and wasn't leaving and was of the opinion nobody would leave other than potter.

Now money changes heads and i cant see branston stayin now he hasn't been offered anything by the club (disgrace by the way). Doubt robinson stanners or tomlin have been offered anything either seems the club are going all out to find a new manager and forgetting about retaining these players who im sure any manager would want on board. I think with players leaving it will give stevens a repreive and another 2 year deal will be on offer so we have some form of winger singed up
That's very interesting...a friend of mine was out in Manchester on Saturday night, and also met Zebroski who said the exact same thing to him as well. I'm willing to be proved wrong, and call me naive, but I honestly reckon that he is going nowhere.