Zebroski

General chat about anything else goes here.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

The worry for players such as Zebs and O Kane is that the incoming manager won t be as keen on them as the outgoing manager. They both seem happy here, and were enjoying their football. But that was with Buckle at the helm.

Put yourself in their shoes for a second. If Bucks was to make them an offer - they know how he plays and what he thinks of them. But with a new manager coming in here, he might want to play a completely different way, and for all they know might not want a light-weight player in the centre of midfield? The new man might bring in some new faces and they might find themselves warming the bench? There is uncertainty, and that is what Bucks has in his favour.

I really hope both are with us at the start of the season. And if they are, would be amazed if whoever the new manager is can t find a place for either of them in the starting 11. But nothing is certain.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

There's no doubt that in Zebroski's case, Buckle is the only manager to show 100% faith in him. Also Rovers you'd have thought should be challenging the top 7 next year and maybe that thought will be there.

I like both players,especially O Kane whose a proper footballer. Zebroski is your League 2 forward. He's big, strong, quick, can score a goal but lacks the awareness and in my opinion technical ability to play too much higher. £75,000 would probably be about right for him. I'm sure he'd do a good job for them at this level.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Apparently from what I have heard the info about Zebroski is spot on and so is the fee. 75k is a joke. WHat the feck is up with Baker and co. Are we the Paul Buckle benevolent society or what?
Completely pissed off.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Distressing but predictable speculation and one can feel inclined to believe it after the rumours that ciruclated about Buckle and were indeed accurate.

I would be more sorry to see our team break up than I was to see Buckle go. Zebroski for me, was our best player last season. He works unbelievably hard and while I expect him to indeed go, I do think it go the way for him there as it did at Wycombe. But if they are offering more money, he knows the manager, it is a bigger club whether we like or not and you can understand why he might go.

I will be gutted. I will be utterly furious.

The sense of inertia coming from the board is worrying me. I hope they are protecting our interests and will demand a big, and I mean big, fee for Zebroski. We are not like Plymouth and in administration. There is no need for a fire sale of our players. We may have let the manager go cheaply but £75,000 would be a p155-take for one of the better players in League 2 this season.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

PhilGull wrote: And why would he go anywhere? He is 24 years old and at his 5th club, after all the trouble he has had in the past he has finally found a club he feels comfortable working at and an area he feels comfortable living in.
Everyone knows that Rovers are a sham. Like has been said before it's difficult to get players to Torquay but once we have them they love it. Our own Mr. Branston seems more willing to stay than follow Buckle to the sinking ship that is Rovers.
Torquay are a club moving forward, hence the apparently high quality and long list of potential new managers. Rovers are not.
I am not going to start slagging you off, but some Torquay fans really do chat utter nonsense.

Be honest with yourself please, I dont really know much about Zebroski, but I am sure a guy like that would like to live in the bright lights of Bristol rather than in Torquay/Torbay where it is pretty misrerable until a few months in the summer, also he will earn more at Rovers. I admire your loyalty but why would you deny a player the chance not only to better himself but earn as much has he can also? Like you said he is 24 and might have a young family to support, playing for Bristol Rovers will give him better financial rewards, and also a better chance of playing at a higher level, No disrespect intended.

How are Rovers a sham? And a sinking ship? Dont mug yourself off.

Torquay are a club moving forward? Is that why for your biggest game for a number of years playing in English club footballs biggest and best stadium, you took less fans than our very poor average home gate? And the high quality long list of potential new managers? What the likes of Paul Trollope and Dave Penney?

Now like I said Im not here to slag you off, but a lot of Torquay fans on here start crying about Gasheads being disrespectful to Torquay, yet you write drivel like that? Talk about Pot, Kettle Black.

Dont be silly and think that Zebroski is worth more than 75k, he isn't, he is a decent League 2 player, nothing more. Will Hoskins went to Brighton for 500k and he has got more talent in his left testicle than Zebroski will ever have in his whole body...Again it is not a dig but an honest assesment.

I like Torquay and have no malice with you whatsoever but some of your fans need to chill out and be a bit more honest with yourselves.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

If this is true then I'm going to be absolutely fuming.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Everyone needs to calm down. This is nothing more than a rumour at best.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i know nothing about Rovers, or their current squad to be honest, but a year ago, i'm guessing they thought they had a squad good enough for league 1. in theory then, it should be good enough for league 2. Of course PB will have a shopping list, and he knows the torquay players, but if he has money at his disposal, i think he'd not just be focussing on our players. my point being, ok he knows Zebs (for example), and lets say we want £100K for him - are there no better players out there for £100K ??? £100K can get you quite a bit at this level. I'm guessing PB knows other players out there that he couldn't bring to TUFC, so i'm not overly concerned about a mass exodus from TQ1.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I m particularly enjoying these Rovers fans coming onto our board, insisting they are not here to take the p*** and then proceeding to do exactly that.

How highly do you expect us to talk of your club when you ve just nabbed our manager and are now back asking about the qualities of the players that are going to follow him?

If you don t like the responses, don t ask the questions.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Richinns wrote:Everyone needs to calm down. This is nothing more than a rumour at best.
I will agree, just a rovers fan with nothing better to do than wind up Torquay fans after he read who we reckon buckle may want.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Fonda wrote:I m particularly enjoying these Rovers fans coming onto our board, insisting they are not here to take the p*** and then proceeding to do exactly that.

How highly do you expect us to talk of your club when you ve just nabbed our manager and are now back asking about the qualities of the players that are going to follow him?

If you don t like the responses, don t ask the questions.
Fonda, thats the nature of football im afraid.

Brighton nabbed Will Hoskins of us for 500k, when he is worth at least double that, Gasheads dont start slagging of Albion.

Its funny that you claim Rovers nabbed him off you, and before he left, most of you were hoping he didn't leave, yet now he has you start slagging him off calling him all sorts of obscenities.

Football really is a fickle world.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

BritishGas, you stilllllll here? Bore off!

Banging on about attendances ZzzzzzZzzzzzzzZ change the record for once, so what if we took what we did to the Stevenage game, doesn't make us any less of a club.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

BritishGAS wrote:I am not going to start slagging you off
BritishGAS wrote:Torquay fans really do chat utter nonsense.

Torquay are a club moving forward? Is that why for your biggest game for a number of years playing in English club footballs biggest and best stadium, you took less fans than our very poor average home gate? And the high quality long list of potential new managers? What the likes of Paul Trollope and Dave Penney?
Well done for not "slagging" us off.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

BritishGAS wrote: I am not going to start slagging you off, but some Torquay fans really do chat utter nonsense.

Be honest with yourself please, I dont really know much about Zebroski, but I am sure a guy like that would like to live in the bright lights of Bristol rather than in Torquay/Torbay where it is pretty misrerable until a few months in the summer, also he will earn more at Rovers. I admire your loyalty but why would you deny a player the chance not only to better himself but earn as much has he can also? Like you said he is 24 and might have a young family to support, playing for Bristol Rovers will give him better financial rewards, and also a better chance of playing at a higher level, No disrespect intended.

How are Rovers a sham? And a sinking ship? Dont mug yourself off.

Now like I said Im not here to slag you off, but a lot of Torquay fans on here start crying about Gasheads being disrespectful to Torquay, yet you write drivel like that? Talk about Pot, Kettle Black.

Dont be silly and think that Zebroski is worth more than 75k, he isn't, he is a decent League 2 player, nothing more. Will Hoskins went to Brighton for 500k and he has got more talent in his left testicle than Zebroski will ever have in his whole body...Again it is not a dig but an honest assesment.

I like Torquay and have no malice with you whatsoever but some of your fans need to chill out and be a bit more honest with yourselves.
with all due respect, i'm guessing you thought he was a high quality manager once upon a time ??

like you, i'm not interested in slagging anyone off here, it's just opinions, but just because we had a "small" following to old trafford doesn't mean we're not a club progressing and moving forward. you might get bigger crowds than us, but it won't win you promotion. just ask a bradford fan. i'm from London, lived here all my life, it's a great city, but i also respect that people may prefer living in Bristol, Torquay, Afghanistan, etc etc, and so will i one day, i'm sure. Some people need to realise there's more to life than size and money.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

We'll have to wait & see if there's any truth in this, but it does seem a week or so early.
If you intend letting your best players leave you generally keep it under wraps until you're sure
you've got the majority of the Season ticket money in first. I think the early bird deal still has over a week to go,
& wouldn't have expected the mass exodus to have started until after the punters had been relieved of their money.