Aaron Jarvis, England C

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

If this Thursday is the deadline for incoming or outgoings I wonder if our illustrious leader has been on Wyscout and has any more Spring incoming offers 🥱
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Yeovil77 wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 02:32 Hello guys,

Yeovil fan here, The word on the street Aaron Jarvis could be joining us (Yeovil) before Thursday deadline… was wondering if I can have a little information about him?
Nonsense wind up post. If Torquay go down, almost certain, Jarvis will probably want to stay at National League at the very least but Yeovil's immediate future is hardly assured so I can't see him contemplating such a move.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yeovil77 wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 02:32 Hello guys,

Yeovil fan here, The word on the street Aaron Jarvis could be joining us (Yeovil) before Thursday deadline… was wondering if I can have a little information about him?
Why the f*ck would he - or anyone for that matter - want to go to Yeovil? :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

It is strongly going around online
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

No way he leaves for a relegation rival - what’s the point?. He’ll wait to summer and then be off.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

If the club sell Jarvis now (especially to one of our relegation rivals) then they have clearly given up and should refund the remainder of our season tickets.
If we go down he can be sold in the summer.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

on track with the topic title, believe Jarvis was cut from the preliminary squad
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 14:32 Why the f*ck would he - or anyone for that matter - want to go to Yeovil? :rofl:
Gary Johnson did, Twice!!!!!!!!!
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Not 100% sure what to make of it all, At first I wasn't that impressed by Jarvis, but he proved me wrong, and I changed my mind, but with the last 7 or 8 games in mind, I can't really say he's done much, he doesn't seem to have a burst of pace at all, he's a target man you play off, him and Fadhunsi dosent work at all, I think Aaron is a decent NL striker, but it's no knock on him, he's not a top NL level striker in my view, I'd be happy if he stayed, but not really gutted if he went, would say Yeovil would be a step up from us, club size wise.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

dawlishmatt wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 18:01 Gary Johnson did, Twice!!!!!!!!!
Can we make it a 3rd spell. I will pay his travel :red:
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 18:08 Not 100% sure what to make of it all, At first I wasn't that impressed by Jarvis, but he proved me wrong, and I changed my mind, but with the last 7 or 8 games in mind, I can't really say he's done much, he doesn't seem to have a burst of pace at all, he's a target man you play off, him and Fadhunsi dosent work at all, I think Aaron is a decent NL striker, but it's no knock on him, he's not a top NL level striker in my view, I'd be happy if he stayed, but not really gutted if he went, would say Yeovil would be a step up from us, club size wise.
I have to agree Mr Tea808, it shows how far we have fallen up top. Goodwin had he stayed would have smashed him up on the goal scoring front. Quicker, stronger and knew where the net was. A target man at best is AJ his goal ratio prior to coming here tells you all. Personally I cannot see his goals saving us now, he has needed a partner to chip in and the brothers Johnson have failed miserably.
toastkid
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Wolbro, without Osborne we wouldn't have a club anyhow. We were fast going down the drain, no assets of our own, he saved us then, bank rolled us since, we why complain about the guy? If we end up with nothing, we are no worse off.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

agree that should we sell Jarvis we have already given up and we know what to expect, especially as he is the only striker who can score out of the 2.

i would say the majority now know where we will be next season and club need to prepare for that and look at what sort of player we can get, do we go part time? assume there will be another mass clear out again.

i reiterate a point i made some time ago, look at the likes of scunthorpe, changed their manager at the right time, bought in about 7/8 new faces and i think you'll see them be the team that stays up, done it the right way.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

All Osborne has done is brought about a massive decline throughout TUFC, on the field and off the field. Sorry to say it but we are a dying club that will most likely snuff it soon all due to an owner who has nothing but profit and land deals in his mind. There is little hope of a prolonged survival, the ONLY hope is for a wealthy and enthusiastic regime to take things over and of course this is unlikely. Sad times, sad club.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Spot on Wolborough. Don’t think Osborne has bankrolled us, lent money from his other interests more like, and when it’s right for him he’ll call them in.
We are in a very sorry state from top to bottom and I’m afraid there is more to come. It will surely end in tears.