Torquay United v Truro City (Boxing Day)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Arcadia - Get a grip, this is Truro. They basically have two chances Bob Hope and No Hope. They are not a good side.

Basically they will either get a result if

a) They can clog Janneh, Reid and Kalala in the first ten minutes OR

b) the game is postponed

They are "rested" - jesus christ do me a favour

Presumably we won't allow Pittman to play either. Sure they have fluked a couple of wins of late but this month LOST 4-0 to the mighty Oxford City.

How a big partisan crowd can somehow be perceived as some sort of an advantage to them is beyond me.

I swear that if you won the lottery you wouldn't cash the cheque cause you'd be fretting someone had forged the signature on it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think he means the big crowd will encourage the Truro players to raise their game which they probably will. It's a potential banana skin but we're playing well and should have too much pace and skill for them. We all know though that football doesn't always go as it should.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 16:54 I think he means the big crowd will encourage the Truro players to raise their game which they probably will. It's a potential banana skin but we're playing well and should have too much pace and skill for them. We all know though that football doesn't always go as it should.
Agreed, just look at Man city V palace yesterday, & Guardiola warned us he was aware of what could happen if they took their eye off the ball in his press conf before the game .
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 16:36 Arcadia - Get a grip, this is Truro. They basically have two chances Bob Hope and No Hope. They are not a good side.

Basically they will either get a result if

a) They can clog Janneh, Reid and Kalala in the first ten minutes OR

b) the game is postponed

They are "rested" - jesus christ do me a favour

Presumably we won't allow Pittman to play either. Sure they have fluked a couple of wins of late but this month LOST 4-0 to the mighty Oxford City.

How a big partisan crowd can somehow be perceived as some sort of an advantage to them is beyond me.

I swear that if you won the lottery you wouldn't cash the cheque cause you'd be fretting someone had forged the signature on it.
Brucie, how can they get a result through a postponement?
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Quite easily - they won't get their arse kicked if its called off so that will definitely be a result for them :O
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Brucie I suppose you do this for some sort 'I will be different' kick but anyone who really knows anything about football knows that nothing in football is ever certain. Truro's recent form is pretty good and I suspect they will give us a game. By the way is your man Owers still walking on water?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

lucy6lucy wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 18:01 Brucie, how can they get a result through a postponement?
Last edited by arcadia on 23 Dec 2018, 22:54, edited 2 times in total.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

lucy6lucy wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 18:01 Brucie, how can they get a result through a postponement?

If you have played the game you would know what I am on about Truro are no push overs anymore. We do need to keep our players focused, by the way Brucie Pittman can't get in their side now they've signed several new players. Merry Christmas to everybody.
Southampton gull hit the nail on the head it's a banana skin.

JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

arcadia wrote: 23 Dec 2018, 22:09
If you have played the game you would know what I am on about Truro are no push overs anymore. We do need to keep our players focused, by the way Brucie Pittman can't get in their side now they've signed several new players. Merry Christmas to everybody.
Southampton gull hit the nail on the head it's a banana skin.
You don’t need to have played the game to be confident of a victory against a team who are far inferior to ourselves. That line seriously does my nut - it’s such a crap riposte in a football debate; someone struggling to make a decent point.

We have a team far too good for this league currently, fans are allowed to be confident. I will be bitterly disappointed if we don’t get 6 points fron Truro, as will all the players and the manager. And if we don’t, even the fans that haven’t played football will just about understand...
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

There will only be one person on the field of play that can prevent us beating Truro and that is the referee. From my observation this season referees in this league suffer from "illusory feelings of superiority" and an exaggerated sense of their abilities. Yet are unable to deal with pressure decisions, are apprehensive and indecisive and which could on Boxing Day, result in one bad call that changes the outcome of the football match entirely. So here's hoping for the best of a bad bunch for the Truro match.
Ksgull123
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Williams

Post by Ksgull123 »

Weston away ...expected us to thrash them with a big score line and as you know 2-2 ....our confidence seems to be growing with each game so on paper we should beat them but we need to make sure complacency must not set it...

My prediction a very cautious 2-1 to us
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Ksgull123 wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 08:20 Weston away ...expected us to thrash them with a big score line and as you know 2-2 ....our confidence seems to be growing with each game so on paper we should beat them but we need to make sure complacency must not set it...

My prediction a very cautious 2-1 to us
You are correct re this match.
However from the reports on here since that match it is clearly apparent that there is no complacency now regardless of who we play.
We should be confident of beating anyone in this league - including Woking.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Been away for 9 months, first game back on Boxing Day, hope its on and all this rain doesn’t mean a postponement!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

You will be shocked Goody at the difference in our play to 9 months ago. It's like we are playing a different sport
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

desperado wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 11:24 You will be shocked Goody at the difference in our play to 9 months ago. It's like we are playing a different sport
Can’t wait!! I’ve been listening in on the internet when I can, but nothing beats actually being there