Can the squad be strengthened enough to save us?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Anyone heard any whispers about the negotiations to extend Andre Wright's loan spell? I think the present loan deal expired after the FGR match. Surely Tony Pulis will have some affection for us after his days in Plymouth ?? I would be more pleased to hear that Wright's loan has been extended until the end of the season than to hear that we've signed Nathan Blissett .......
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Especially as Blisset has just bombed at Lincoln, so is 'out of form' to say the least. Not quite as good a signing as it would have appeared last month.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Gulliball wrote:Especially as Blisset has just bombed at Lincoln, so is 'out of form' to say the least. Not quite as good a signing as it would have appeared last month.
In his time at Lincoln he was only on the pitch for 102 minutes which isn't exactly a great indicator..

When you look at Lincoln they're doing quite well to deceive in the league. In the past 7 league games they've earnt 4 points - as have we. (Admittedly they have scored 8 where we've scored 5 - but we're sh*t!)
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Some strange events at Lincoln recently.
Liam Hearn who was the speedy part of the strike force alongside Matt Rhead, an old fashioned cart horse type of non league striker, left Lincoln to join Barrow on loan towards the end of November. Barrow are currently managed by one Paul Cox who had previously been Hearn's manager at Mansfield. Lincoln signed Blissett to replace him.
Last week Hearn returned to Lincoln saying his move to Barrow had been a big mistake and begging forgiveness from Lincoln - a sort of modern day prodigal son returning to the fold.
In the meantime, Lincoln had no further need of Blissett and sent him back to Brizzle Rovers who have since let him go.
As Greavsie Spain many times "it's a funny old game"

Added in 1 minute 50 seconds:
Jack wrote:Some strange events at Lincoln recently.
Liam Hearn who was the speedy part of the strike force alongside Matt Rhead, an old fashioned cart horse type of non league striker, left Lincoln to join Barrow on loan towards the end of November. Barrow are currently managed by one Paul Cox who had previously been Hearn's manager at Mansfield. Lincoln signed Blissett to replace him.
Last week Hearn returned to Lincoln saying his move to Barrow had been a big mistake and begging forgiveness from Lincoln - a sort of modern day prodigal son returning to the fold.
In the meantime, Lincoln had no further need of Blissett and sent him back to Brizzle Rovers who have since let him go.
As Greavsie said many times "it's a funny old game"
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Jack wrote:Some strange events at Lincoln recently.
As Greavsie Spain many times "it's a funny old game"
Round here they were saying that he went out on loan because he didn't want to face Grimsby (his old club), apparently he got a lot of, excessive, abuse from Mariners fans at Sincil Bank.
Also, he left for Barrow before they announced the investment from the South African chap, he returned after the club have received near £1 million investment, talk of players wanting improved contracts now the clubs got a few more readies...
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

In today's Herald Express, Dave Thomas has written that the extension of Andre Wright's loan deal is 'in the balance' which I believe is journalistic 'speak' for 'it ain't going to happen'. I hope I'm wrong because of all the various strikers we have had on loan over the last couple of seasons, he has shown the most, along with Shaquille Coulquirst.

I see that Jayden Stockley has just returned to Bournemouth after a loan spell with Portsmouth. Doubt he would want to return, though, and I'm not sure he'd provide what we need ...... goals !!
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

HE also says that more "may need to go out" before any come in. That is very concerning baring hin mind how thin the squad is already. Remember only 3 on the bench at FGR including Scott Corderoy.

Tough though it sounds, we need numbers as well as a bit of quality.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

MF68 wrote:HE also says that more "may need to go out" before any come in. That is very concerning baring hin mind how thin the squad is already. Remember only 3 on the bench at FGR including Scott Corderoy.

Tough though it sounds, we need numbers as well as a bit of quality.
And so it has come full circle and the clamour for us to "scout for local talent" will soon being again in earnest. It will persist, of course, until we actually do start doing as asked, and we find the best of the local lads and sign them on, only for the club to be roundly criticised for "wasting money on some old shit from Watcombe".

We need numbers and we need quality. What we need is 25 players on £300,000/week. Mr Abramovich, paging Mr Abramovich to the stage.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Ferrari - I was only pointing out the current lack of numbers. Briscoe, Young and Fairhurst cannot really be counted upon in their current state and EX has only just come back from a longish spell out.

£54 million rollover tonight..............good luck all TUFC fans/prospective owners/saviours
Fantasia
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Fantasia »

Well I've got a lucky dip! ! !
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

RussianGull wrote: In his time at Lincoln he was only on the pitch for 102 minutes which isn't exactly a great indicator..
I was basing it on the opinion of Lincoln fans on a different forum. Not flattering, to put it bluntly. He only played 102 minutes because he's not been able to get into their squad for the last three games.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Just because Uncle Luther was a good player does not guarantee nephew Nathan is going to be likewise. In fact, looking at his goalscoring record on wiki, it doesn't look at all impressive. We're only guessing that this is one of the strikers that Nicho is showing interest in, but he doesn't fill me with any great enthusiasm. On the other hand, Lee Mansell will have played with him and will be able to give mate Nicho the lowdown on whether he's any good or not.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

re Lee Mansell knowing him from Rovers, surely Nicho knows him from Kidderminster? I'm sure he played against us last season in the same team as KN - where KN scored the most pathetic free kick goal?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Breedy has just put 'it's been a right shit day' on Facebook.. Anyone else have the feeling a signing has just fell through? The striker nicho was after before Saturday?

Hmm.