Dean Edwards

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Neal wrote:Actually we should give Edwards some respect for that IF its true he just resigned. Because IF he had a contract he could have soldiered on like most do. And I state IF because Im only going by what I read on here and official statements.

I don't think the club will fold. Why? because I know there is someone who could step in. And no Im not naming names. I cant be 100% sure of this obviously but I havnt got this info from hear say or a mate down the pub.
Get that cheque written then Neal!! As long as your in it for the love of the Gulls, I'll back you all the way :na:
Smithy1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Smithy1899 »

Bleeper wrote: Proof?
Hey presto
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Smithy1899 wrote: Hey presto
Never doubted you smithy ;-)
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

What is now really worrying is that once again there is nobody at Plainmoor who has a clue on how to run a football club, thus turning the clock back to the Bristow/Philips days.
Apart from Breed within the remaining consortium - who else has run a football team!!

Where is Colin Lee on his white steed when you need him?
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

BayGull wrote:What is now really worrying is that once again there is nobody at Plainmoor who has a clue on how to run a football club, thus turning the clock back to the Bristow/Philips days.
Apart from Breed within the remaining consortium - who else has run a football team!!

He still lives in Torquay, So maybe?

Doubt it, but maybe!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

BayGull wrote:What is now really worrying is that once again there is nobody at Plainmoor who has a clue on how to run a football club, thus turning the clock back to the Bristow/Philips days.

I presume you are basing the fact that people "dont know how to run a football club" on the fact the manager and director of football has resigned, and the rumour mongering of an as yet unknown poster on this forum.?

Until Cox makes his statement we have the clubs version of events, none of which, to me, lend themselves to accusations of unprofessionalism, nor of the sort of mos management that punctuated the last regime. Obviously the reality may be different!

As for the DoF I feel the resignation lends little weight to any argument of mismanagement, unless the accusations are at the DoF.

As for the poster, mushroom, I am led to believe he is not part of the club set up and therefore may be privy to knowledge of our club, but may not necessarily ever wish to have a positive opinion of our club.

Funny that, amidst nothing but hearsay and rumours of mismanagement, you should call for the one person who was proved beyond doubt of mismanaging our club on a large scale.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Kit_robin wrote: I presume you are basing the fact that people "dont know how to run a football club" on the fact the manager and director of football has resigned, and the rumour mongering of an as yet unknown poster on this forum.?

Until Cox makes his statement we have the clubs version of events, none of which, to me, lend themselves to accusations of unprofessionalism, nor of the sort of mos management that punctuated the last regime. Obviously the reality may be different!

As for the DoF I feel the resignation lends little weight to any argument of mismanagement, unless the accusations are at the DoF.

As for the poster, mushroom, I am led to believe he is not part of the club set up and therefore may be privy to knowledge of our club, but may not necessarily ever wish to have a positive opinion of our club.

Funny that, amidst nothing but hearsay and rumours of mismanagement, you should call for the one person who was proved beyond doubt of mismanaging our club on a large scale.
Sadly you are wrong
I spent a long time with Bill Phillips trying to get the right and best solution for our Club
Do you feel l should not disclose any further info ?
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Well, the last few days have been pretty dire; the mushroom certainly has never posted anything to cheer us up, & indeed may prosper in some way by making us more miserable. Today may be a better day : supporting Torquay has never been a particularly easy choice in life, & sometimes it's downright difficult; but better days do come along sometimes. TTID.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
tufcjon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by tufcjon »

mushroom wrote: I spent a long time with Bill Phillips trying to get the right and best solution for our Club
Do you feel l should not disclose any further info ?
Can you please explain why your "best solution for our Club" is entirely dependent on the club owning the freehold to Plainmoor?

Can you also explain what qualifies you to refer to TUFC as "our Club"?
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Not sure it is
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Let Cox make his statement and then put that together with the Chairman's Saturday comments and then we can make up our own minds about what has been going on.
At the end of the day it's the club's existence that matters most.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Kit_robin wrote: I presume you are basing the fact that people "dont know how to run a football club" on the fact the manager and director of football has resigned, and the rumour mongering of an as yet unknown poster on this forum.?
I think that is a pretty fair assumption to make don't you, looking at the remaining board now?

Nobody else at the club (to my knowledge) has been involved with running a football club before have they - it takes a special 'breed' of person!

by the bye - KN is interested in the vacant post once again!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Neal - lets hope you are right as I see that this looks like the only way forward to me. Maybe we should credit Dean Edwards and Steve Breed for trying to save the club. If we were reasonably competitive we would achieve the break even figure attendance wise but now we havn't a hope in hell.
It has to be said that we have been incredibly unlucky with injuries which hasn't helped our cause. But we have no chance of carrying on the way things are at present.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I didn't say that, mushroom, I've deliberately tried to not be abusive or personal. I just question motives of those outside the club.

You may well be genuinely concerned and completely right but I don't k ow you so I can't unquestionably believe what you say just for the sake of it.