Dean Edwards

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Dean Edwards

Post by Dave »

Can you come onto the forum tonight and explain this result and performance. Can you come on here and explain why in all the world of sanity you dropped Spiess for Lavercombe , I listened to Kidderminster's commentary Tuesday, they described Fabian Spiess' performance as one the best they'd seen and you drop him.

I've posted time and time again, look after Lavercombe, look after his development, do not expose him to much pressure , I posted dire warnings and the consequences of what could happen , but no you played him, You put him in this god damn awful side, exposed him to the pressure, he got smashed for 7 goals, Dan Lavercombe walked down the popside at the end and was near to tears, maybe even crying.

18 years old, confidence destroyed in one afternoon, just as I warned could happen, are you happy Dean, are fans happy who clamoured for to played happy now.

Why Lavelle-Moore, Fisher may have missed a few sitters, but he's scored more, and is the better all round footballer, in my opinion, yes the throw-ins of Exodus are useful, but he's 6 ft -5 in, can't jump, can't head, can't run, so we have to play 3 centre-backs, that cost us dear today, wing backs caught up field, 3 CB's narrow, Bromley passed around us with ease. Please take out Exodus, go 4-5-1 and protect are feeble back line, we've got to stop conceding goals, picking points, even if it is one's.

Heard rumblings that Dean is going the manager until the seasons end, after todays performance and decision making I'd rather Dean Edwards apply for the job of director of picking up camel crap at Paignton zoo.

Meeting needed tonight, decision made tonight, I've appealed for fans to stick by the club, after todays effort, how?
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Post of the season

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Agree with all that
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Agree 100%
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Gawdlpus
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Nicko

Post by Gawdlpus »

After trying to deal with him for the last few years I came to the conclusion that Dean was an awful commercial manager - employed solely because of his former career, rather than showing any ability to do that job professionally .
When it was mused he was fronting a consortium to buy the club I truly cringed ....to see him today in his track suit barking orders then this man is surely some sort of Walter Mitty character . I can't understand how a group of intelligent people have bought into his bs. Nothing will be his fault I'm sure of that!
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Agree with all of that. I feel so sorry for Lavercombe, he clearly wasn't at fault and I can't imagine the anger and frustration that must have been going through his head this afternoon and how upset he must have been at the final whistle. He deserves better than this.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

forevertufc has got it bang on!

Todays result will affect Lavercombe and too many were criticising Speiss after one dodgy game yet they forget is also just a youngster. Now we could have two psychologically damaged goalkeepers.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

If Spiess was in goal today we would have still shipped seven. Then a post would have appeared on this board titled, "Time to give Lavercombe a chance". Most fans have clamoured for his inclusion all season. Spiess is also a young goalkeeper so I'm sure his confidence would have been drained today too had he been retained between the sticks. As for Fisher being dropped, he's led the line for the last two games in which we've been reduced to 10 men. The front line probably needed freshening up and we didn't lose today because of the strikers. I agree we need to change the formation but as Cox walked out yesterday, it wouldn't have made sense to change our system which we have played all season at 24 hours notice. We had a patched-up management team today - we don't know it was Edwards who picked the team and not Ramshaw. Hopefully, we are already making progress in the search for Cox's successor.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Whilst lavercombe will be distraught tonight. It's not as if this is his first match in goal. Many wanted him get a chance, so why not against minnows BROMLEY. As stated it wouldn't have made a difference who was between the sticks. I would personally play him Tuesday.
Lucy
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Dan Lavercombe did ok today and yes at the end of the game was gutted like all the other players he handled the situation brilliantly and never fell apart. If your in goal you can enjoy a game if you play well in a defeat. I spoke to him and he's ok it's a learning curve.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tommyg wrote:If Spiess was in goal today we would have still shipped seven. Then a post would have appeared on this board titled, "Time to give Lavercombe a chance". Most fans have clamoured for his inclusion all season. Spiess is also a young goalkeeper so I'm sure his confidence would have been drained today too had he been retained between the sticks. As for Fisher being dropped, he's led the line for the last two games in which we've been reduced to 10 men. The front line probably needed freshening up and we didn't lose today because of the strikers. I agree we need to change the formation but as Cox walked out yesterday, it wouldn't have made sense to change our system which we have played all season at 24 hours notice. We had a patched-up management team today - we don't know it was Edwards who picked the team and not Ramshaw. Hopefully, we are already making progress in the search for Cox's successor.
I see where your coming from. Just to avoid confusion, this post isn't about the 7 goals , it, is not meant to suggest that things would have been different had Spiess played, the team would have conceded a hat load who ever had been in goal today, I was not meaning to suggest the formation should have changed today, merely suggesting it needs to change going forward.

As a general point;

It's about the reasons why Lavercombe was picked, Southampton Gull posted Edwards would pick Lavercombe to appease the fans, and he was spot on, my view is Lavercombe should be picked for all the right reasons, and never for all the wrong reasons, today clearly picked for the wrong reasons, in what I can only describe as an utterly moronic decision.

There was no justifiable reason to change keepers, as pointed out above, we now have one keeper who probably can't understand what he's done wrong and why he lost his place and another that walked off the pitch crying, and this is exactly the scenario I was warning of, I take no pleasure in the fact my warning came to pass, I'm annoyed, I saw it coming a mile off, why did the person who made this decision not see it the potential for that happen, now there's a tough decision on what keeper plays Tuesday.

I actually think Lavercombe will recover from this and Spiess will be just fine, but we can't make the mistake of last season with Rice and Seabright being swapped and changed every other week.

The pressure cooker environment of our first team in the NL premier division is no place for an 18 keeper to learn his trade, even if the alternative is not much more experienced. Personally I would have made Lavercombe available for loan, with a view to him getting a club at a slightly lower level, where he can get games away from the pressure of performing week in and out for us, that's the way to help his career develop properly,Sign a dirt cheap keeper from the Southern/Western league to cover the bench, in my opinion.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote: I see where your coming from. Just to avoid confusion, this post isn't about the 7 goals , it, is not meant to suggest that things would have been different had Spiess played, the team would have conceded a hat load who ever had been in goal today, I was not meaning to suggest the formation should have changed today, merely suggesting it needs to change going forward.

As a general point;

It's about the reasons why Lavercombe was picked, Southampton Gull posted Edwards would pick Lavercombe to appease the fans, and he was spot on, my view is Lavercombe should be picked for all the right reasons, and never for all the wrong reasons, today clearly picked for the wrong reasons, in what I can only describe as an utterly moronic decision.

There was no justifiable reason to change keepers, as pointed out above, we now have one keeper who probably can't understand what he's done wrong and why he lost his place and another that walked off the pitch crying, and this is exactly the scenario I was warning of, I take no pleasure in the fact my warning came to pass, I'm annoyed, I saw it coming a mile off, why did the person who made this decision not see it the potential for that happen, now there's a tough decision on what keeper plays Tuesday.

I actually think Lavercombe will recover from this and Spiess will be just fine, but we can't make the mistake of last season with Rice and Seabright being swapped and changed every other week.

The pressure cooker environment of our first team in the NL premier division is no place for an 18 keeper to learn his trade, even if the alternative is not much more experienced. Personally I would have made Lavercombe available for loan, with a view to him getting a club at a slightly lower level, where he can get games away from the pressure of performing week in and out for us, that's the way to help his career develop properly,Sign a dirt cheap keeper from the Southern/Western league to cover the bench, in my opinion.
I don't know where your coming from Lavercombe let 7 goals.The goal from the free kick it was going in before the kick was taken as we saw the free kick he took in the first half the only thing that I would have advised is get someone to drop back onto the line as he took it. I would also say he should learn a bit more about gamesmanship delaying the penalty but the keeper coach should be teaching him this but it was not there. Lavercombe did ok and I'm sure he wants to play Tuesday.
I'm more concerned about Dean taking over till the end of the season he's out of his depth.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

arcadia wrote:Dan Lavercombe did ok today and yes at the end of the game was gutted like all the other players he handled the situation brilliantly and never fell apart. If your in goal you can enjoy a game if you play well in a defeat. I spoke to him and he's ok it's a learning curve.

I'm sorry mate, but that's a load of rubbish. Once again, forevertufc has it spot on.

Dan was atrocious today. I have no idea what he was doing for the three goals in the first half, a defending calamity and don't even get me started on their free-kick. We all said "Dan, what are you doing? Dan? Dan? Why are you standing next to the goal post? Dan? He's going to put it the other side? DAN!!?" The worst piece of goal keeping I've ever seen.

Having said that, I like Dan as a keeper and the blame is all on Dean Edwards. Speiss had a superb game against Kiddy, made some unbelievable saves. So why, why drop him and put all of that pressure on our up and coming star keeper? Absolute madness.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

arcadia wrote:
I don't know where your coming from Lavercombe let 7 goals.The goal from the free kick it was going in before the kick was taken as we saw the free kick he took in the first half the only thing that I would have advised is get someone to drop back onto the line as he took it. I would also say he should learn a bit more about gamesmanship delaying the penalty but the keeper coach should be teaching him this but it was not there. Lavercombe did ok and I'm sure he wants to play Tuesday.
I'm more concerned about Dean taking over till the end of the season he's out of his depth.

And you never will because you fail to grasp the simple facts about young goalkeepers and their confidence. Lavercombe was thrown to the wolves today and that game will do nothing positive for either keeper as quite excellently put by forever. Speiss was growing in confidence and was more than used to operating behind our inept defence, Lavercombe was a PR move and nothing more, how that backfired. This is why Veysey and Speiss rushed to give their support. Keep sticking your head in the sand much longer and you'll sprout feathers and a pair wings...........
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

arcadia wrote:
I don't know where your coming from Lavercombe let 7 goals.The goal from the free kick it was going in before the kick was taken as we saw the free kick he took in the first half the only thing that I would have advised is get someone to drop back onto the line as he took it.

I would also say he should learn a bit more about gamesmanship delaying the penalty but the keeper coach should be teaching him this but it was not there. Lavercombe did ok and I'm sure he wants to play Tuesday.
I'm a very approachable person, I like having a laugh and joke, sharing opinions, I have the ability to change my opinion when a valid point is made, and the realization strikes, I have it wrong. The bit highlighted in blue just proves to anyone reading this, you simply do not have the first clue what your talking about.

Firstly, as pointed out by Danny, Dan Lavercombe's positing for that free kick was as bad as I've seen, if he'd been any closer to the far post he would have been touching it, all the Bromley player had to do was get kick over the wall, on target and it was in all day long.

Secondly. You would have advised him to get someone to drop back on the line as the kick was taken Really ? are you actually being serious ?
only someone with the mind of mad man would do that.

What the consequence of doing that ? yes, exactly, you would play every single Bromley player on side from the taken free kick, giving them the opportunity to flood the box, that is why, if you could get close enough, you would hear a properly coached keeper, if a free kick was say 18 yards out, shouting at his defenders prior to kick taken "HOLD 18" reminding the defenders to hold the defensive line.

I agree with your second paragraph.