What happens next?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

That's very encouraging news. I have a lot of time for Dean and, in fact, have been led to believe that he has been known to go above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to the club.
TUST member 203
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

tomogull wrote:Yes - excellent news. Even though I'm not a member yet, I for one hope that there will be some sort of parnership with TUST so that as you say, Steve, everyone is working for the good of the football club. :scarf:

TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

The best news is that they seem to be local people, and in my opinion this is better than the size of their wallet
TUST MEMBER
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Neal wrote:The best news is that they seem to be local people, and in my opinion this is better than the size of their wallet
:goodpost:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

New press release....

Hopefully good news!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32882090
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I agree with Tomogull. It would be nice if the two or three different groups of bidders could, instead of competing against each other for control of the club, join forces and, jointly with TUST, run the club together. Whatever the details of such a set-up, together we would be unstoppable!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

"They've made a bid. We're waiting for the money to arrive in our account," acting chairman Bill Phillips said.

What a brilliant quote.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fonda wrote:"They've made a bid. We're waiting for the money to arrive in our account," acting chairman Bill Phillips said.

What a brilliant quote.
Typical Phillips...... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Am I understanding this correctly? Thaea gives the current Board 80% of her shares for 1p, and they then sell them on for whatever they want?

Seems like only one person is getting screwed out of this.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gullscorer wrote:Did Thea give her shares to the other directors, or to the club? There is a difference.
IT can be confirmed that today Thea Bristow has transferred 80% of her Plainmoor Limited shareholding, which controls Torquay United, over to a group of existing Torquay Directors for a pound.
Source: http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 68109.aspx

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

Fonda wrote:"They've made a bid. We're waiting for the money to arrive in our account," acting chairman Bill Phillips said.

What a brilliant quote.
Surely then that means that the current Directors have accepted the bid from ??? - otherwise why would any money be paid into their (the clubs?) account. You don't transfer money into an account unless the bid has been made and accepted and you've bought something.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

RoadGull wrote: Surely then that means that the current Directors have accepted the bid from ??? - otherwise why would any money be paid into their (the clubs?) account. You don't transfer money into an account unless the bid has been made and accepted and you've bought something.
It could feasibly be a 'bond' that states intent. It's easy to say "hell yeah, I've you £200k for Torquay United" if you don't actually have to pony up. I'd expect that any prospective buyer will have to deposit a certain sum (maybe 10%, although Im essentially pulling that out of my backside) to demonstrate serious intent as well as some level of financial commitment and ability to pay.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

A lot of room in your backside ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

happytorq wrote: It could feasibly be a 'bond' that states intent. It's easy to say "hell yeah, I've you £200k for Torquay United" if you don't actually have to pony up. I'd expect that any prospective buyer will have to deposit a certain sum (maybe 10%, although Im essentially pulling that out of my backside) to demonstrate serious intent as well as some level of financial commitment and ability to pay.
This is a very likely scenario. It could also be that they would deposit a % to ensure preferred bidder status.