What happens next?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

What happens next?

Post by MF68 »

So the "mystery" group have vanished without a trace. The remaining Board Members could not put funds in to the Club when Thea was around so how can there be a realistic chance that they can now run the Club. Where is Kelvin Thomas and how long is he continuing to look for new buyers?

How can Chris Hargreaves look at players that he would like to sign with no budget and no ownership?

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

A straight answer to your question MF68 - "NO". Bill Phillips assures us (quote) "Chrisr Hargreaves has got a budget to put together a team capable of challenging for promotion". Quite where that budget comes from is anyone's guess.
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

All that we really 'seem' to know is that Mrs Bristow has officially gone :http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 68109.aspx

What happens next is in the lap of the Gods I think!
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Looks like the 'mystery consortium' is being led by Dean Edwards and they are hoping to complete due diligence by the end of the week with a view of taking over within the next few weeks.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/8 ... story.html
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There has to be an understanding that the football club is going to tell it's fans, exactly what it thinks the fans are going to want to hear, I do not blame any club for doing that, after all, how can you sell something if you do not believe in what you're trying to sell, the club wants 1,000 season ticket holders and needs 1,000 season ticket holders, so it's job of the club to convince us it's ambition lye in gaining promotion to the football league next season, however in reality that's now going to be very difficult.

Our club is already a good four weeks behind everyone else, Aldershot's early season sale period has already come and end, Cheltenham I believe have sold over 500 season tickets and I'd imagine most other clubs are already well into selling their tickets, our club will not sell it's first season ticket until tomorrow, I wouldn't describe our preparations as some what shutting the door after the horse as bolted, I'd say we've shut the door after the horse has already took a plane to New York.

As for what happens next. Lets deal in what we do know, Thea was paying Kelvin Thomas, Thea has transferred 80% of her shares to the current board, and she no longer has anything to do with the running of the club or funding of it, so it shouldn't be to hard for any of us to figure out that kelvin Thomas has left the building, and to be fair didn't do a lot for us, so no great shakes.

It's no big secret that it's now down the current board to find a new buyer/investor and Thea has got a promise from the current board that they will continue that search, it's also no big secret that there is other interested parties waiting in the wings, can anyone shed any light on that, NO, they can't, there is a confidentiality that surrounds these things and neither the board or interested parties can divulge what's going on, or what stage any discussions are at, so nobody is going to know, I'm afraid it's down to patience and trust that the right thing is being done.

EDIT Until some speculation appears in the HE, which I haven't read as yet today.
Formerly known as forevertufc
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

Ah so the new consortium want control in mid June, wonder if that will drag out until 30 June with someone footing the bills until then?! I know that's what I would make happen :whistle:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You keep coming up with this 30th June date, and I understand where you're coming from, however, as I keep telling you, such a date does NOT suit the current situation the club is in, there is no one to pay the bills up to that point, the club can not drive forward plans for next season, Chris Hargreaves can do NOTHING until he knows his budget.

As Dean Edwards says in the article, and rightly so, he and the consortium want it sorted as quickly and smoothly as possible, someone with an I.Q of 3 can understand that, lets hope the current board does all it can to make sure that happens, our club can afford no more hold ups, we're running out time to prepare for next season properly.
Formerly known as forevertufc
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

First Mr Steve Breed, next Mr Dean Edwards .. who will be heading the next interested consortium?

Mr Cedric Munslow perhaps?
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

John Bartlett?......... :)
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Another twist in the TQ1 saga. From what is intimated elsewhere it looks as if Steve Breed is part of the Dean Edwards takeover plans. If this consortium succeeds does Chris Hargreaves stay or go? Whoever is manager we need to make a start with player recruitment.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

Would it help this thread if I confirm that I am to do with dean and his consortium so that people don't start thinking there is two potential bidders.. one thing is absolutely for sure whatever happens it will be to the good of the football club not for any individual..
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Thats great to hear !!

:bow: :clap: :bow:
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

good news!
TUST MEMBER
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Encouraging news and in my opnion clearly the best option currently available.

In fact it would be very interesting should any of the incumbents currently in charge want to oppose this option to hear their reasons for wanting to do so.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Yes - excellent news. Even though I'm not a member yet, I for one hope that there will be some sort of parnership with TUST so that as you say, Steve, everyone is working for the good of the football club. :scarf: