Are you going to Bury?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Are you going to Bury?

Poll ended at 02 Nov 2013, 11:37

Yes
28%
No
64%
Unsure
8%

Total votes: 25

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

BFC wrote: I must say I find the comment about 'crap support' to be a tad uncalled for.

If we cast our eyes 8 miles south-east we can see the floodlights at Manchester City, 8 miles to the south west and we can see the lights at Old Trafford, so I think it's fair to say that it's not easy to attract people to Gigg Lane don't you?
You and your fellow supporters - and indeed us long suffering Gulls fans and fans of other clubs like ours - are the real football supporters. Not Premier League Fantasy stuff. We have to have better eyesight than you lot to see any Premier floodlights. Our nearest Premier side is Southampton which is about 120 miles away ..... Argyle fans have been saying for about 300 years that they are potentially a Premier league side. If you promise to get the double over them, we'll promise to beat Rochdale in the Cup - okay ? :-D
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

I say 'Burry' and 'Shrowsbury' .. I've got a Leeds accent. What is correct?
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Gazzableedsgull wrote:I say 'Burry' and 'Shrowsbury' .. I've got a Leeds accent. What is correct?
Probably not the Leeds accent :Oops:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

hector wrote: Probably not the Leeds accent :Oops:
It would appear that the west side of Yorkshire like Leeds and Huddersfield whom are closest to Lancashire say 'BURRY' but people like myself from North / South Yorkshire say 'BERRY' on the whole.

I mean it's not as if us having the correct pronounciation will help us on the pitch but i'm right anyway. :na: :lol:

It is also very interesting how you have mentioned Shrewsbury Gaz because I too say 'SHROWS' not 'SHREW' but for the 'bury' part of it I actually say 'BURRY' and not 'BERRY'. :-/

So I say, SHROWSBURRY.

Which is odd because Bury to me is BERRY on it's own.

Also GLASTONBURY to me is GLASTONBERRY not GLASTONBURRY! sh*t!!!!!!!!!!! WTF IS GOING ON HERE?!!

All in all it's bloody weird and I've given myself a headache now. :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gazzableedsgull wrote:I say 'Burry' and 'Shrowsbury' .. I've got a Leeds accent. What is correct?

i think you will find, that both are pronounced "sh*thouse".
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

Anyone going up from the Bristol Area needing a lift ping me a PM, more than happy to share the petrol costs.
manchestergulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by manchestergulls »

yep I will be going
http://www.facebook/manchestergulls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
follow me on twitter @manchestergull
take me home to place where i belong, down at plainmoor to see united, take me home the torquay road.........
Keithhal
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Keithhal »

For those undecided on going or still peed off at the last price promo you did not get here are this seasons prices
Match day Ticket Prices

All tickets are for any stand

Match Day Prices

Adults: £15.00

Senior Citizen, Student, Unemployed, and Disabled & under 23: £10.00

Under 11’s: £5.00

Under 5’s: Free of charge

Adult & 1 Child (Under 16): £15.00

Adult & 2 Child (Under 16): £20.00

Read more at http://www.buryfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket- ... 4JQdFe7.99

There is a promo on for this game as well and I do not know, but suspect it does apply to you. We now have a board that appears to listen if not speake to the fans (who to be fair were up in arms at away fans not being included in deals).
All children under 16 who are accompanied by an adult can purchase a ‘special offer’ Family Ticket, with entry to any section of the ground at a reduced rate*:

See below for Saturday’s fun day prices:

1 Kid & 1 Adult = £10
2 Kids & 1 Adult = £15
1 Kid & 2 Adults = £20

*Please note: if you are under 16 and are not accompanied by an adult then standard ticket prices apply.

Read more at http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/ki ... rYeGqyr.99

A call to the club on 0871 221 1885 3 should tell you if it applys to Gulls fans or not.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Student and the great unwashed get in cheap, but no mention of a discount for Her Majesty's fighting men. I know this is going to sound VERY Daily Wail, but does anyone else think that's a bit off.

Not a Bury problem, of course, no suggestion of that kind, just something which occurred to me as I was reading this thread.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm quite pleased to be paying a bit less than what I believe the price all seats in league 2 should be.

Well done Bury!

I will buy a programme and maybe light refreshments too now.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote:Student and the great unwashed get in cheap, Matt.
How DARE you call me and Wivel the great unwashed ...... !! :clown:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I was under the impression that was the appropriate collective for two curmudgeonly Torquay fans?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote:I was under the impression that was the appropriate collective for two curmudgeonly Torquay fans? Matt.
Now you're calling us bad tempered !! BA*TARD !!!! At our age, we've earned the right to be grumpy :na:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

So what sort of numbers are we expecting to get up there tomorrow? I reckon 120 ish?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

200ish I reckon. We had 72 of us there on a Tuesday night before so hopefully get around that for a Saturday match.