Are you going to Bury?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Are you going to Bury?

Poll ended at 02 Nov 2013, 11:37

Yes
28%
No
64%
Unsure
8%

Total votes: 25

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Are you going to Bury?

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Who is off to Gigg Lane?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

it's a nope from me :O
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Alas, non, I'm heading to Nottingham on non-football related business. I'm properly upset about it too.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Nope it's grim up north, full of northern heathens :devil: :lol: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

In Lancashire it is.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Aye Yup. It is in Yorkshire too. in fact anwhere beyond Cheltenham is oop Norf and full of Heathens. Great hordes of em all angry and hairy and ugly. lol :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Can we please bring more than the predicted 2 fans (including me) that this poll seems to be predicting? Attempting to bring some mates from uni to this and don't want to have 200 seats each.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

A couple of years ago, 3 of us made the trip North on a Tuesday night to Bury.
We found out that Bury were putting an offer on where if you purchased the local paper you could get in for £5, so we stopped off at a local petrol station got 3 copies and presented them at the away turnstiles only to be told the offer was not open to the 74 Torquay fans who made the trip.

Despite complaining personally to two of the Bury directors before the match, they would not budge, claiming they were perfected within FA Rules (which investigation afterwards should they were correct) and so we were charged £17 each.

I said at the time I would never set foot inside Gigg Lane again and I wont be next Saturday. A terribly run club who truely deserve the crap support they get
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

YellowMurphy wrote:Can we please bring more than the predicted 2 fans (including me) that this poll seems to be predicting? Attempting to bring some mates from uni to this and don't want to have 200 seats each.
I wouldn't worry about it mate. There will only be about 10 people who use this forum who bother to vote either way. We'll have about 150 I reckon although there will, as always be plenty of seats available. :lol:
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'll be there.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'm going to devon, typical that we're away nxt weekend, prob get three nights down there before coming back up north for bonfire night
still keeping the faith
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I will be there, the final game whilst I am back in England. Hoping to finally see a win.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

MidDevon wrote:A couple of years ago, 3 of us made the trip North on a Tuesday night to Bury.
We found out that Bury were putting an offer on where if you purchased the local paper you could get in for £5, so we stopped off at a local petrol station got 3 copies and presented them at the away turnstiles only to be told the offer was not open to the 74 Torquay fans who made the trip.

Despite complaining personally to two of the Bury directors before the match, they would not budge, claiming they were perfected within FA Rules (which investigation afterwards should they were correct) and so we were charged £17 each.

I said at the time I would never set foot inside Gigg Lane again and I wont be next Saturday. A terribly run club who truely deserve the crap support they get
I remember the fuss (justified, in truth) about this. It would have cost them a few hundred quid in the short term, but probably made it back over the next couple of years.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Did we win?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Yes we won 2-1. Went 1-0 in the first half after being complete dross in the first half and could of easily been more than that behind. Second half we completely dominated it and turned it round with Craig Stanley and Chris Zebroski scoring our goals that night. This is my fifth trip to Gigg Lane and I've only seen us lose once up there the rest were wins.