players out on loan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Once Knill came out with this "Ten games for a start" all players on the bench or stand knew they wouldnt start a game by October unless someone got suspended or injured. Hard for some of them but games will help the younger ones.

Nicholson is the strange one, obviously words had there. We all knew Cruise would take his place and thought Nico would be an excellent reserve should something happen to Cruise. So looks like we will be lightweight in the squad now, will be interesting to see who comes in on loan..........and how long Mozika takes to get fit !!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

ferrarilover wrote: Oh good, someone else who fundamentally misunderstands the meaning of racism but wades in regardless.

If you're that sure it's a racist statement, then give Crimestoppers a ring.

Matt.

For future reference:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction ... m?q=racism

Note the elements include belief that qualities between races are different AND a belief that members of others races are not as good as one's own. I haven't said black people aren't as good as white people, I've asked if there is a cultural difference between the two. A question which is, as yet, unanswered.
Matt, sometimes I read your posts and laugh with you, sometimes I read your posts and laugh at you and sometimes I read your posts and just think you're a grade A c*n*. Today is very much the latter.

Anyone who differentiates people based on there genetics over anything else is, IMHO a dumb-ass. Whether it is skin colour or hair colour or the shape of their nose. A persons genetics have no bearing on their attitude whatsoever. It's the environment they grow-up and live in that effects personality.

You're initial post regarding black people and their 'attitudinal problems' is racist.
If your post had been about young people in our society having a sense of entitlement without any effort maybe it could have developed in to a reasoned discussion. As it is you have made a ridiculous statement to get attention, as is often the case with you.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

ferrarilover wrote:So, you refuse to accept that there is any possibility that there could be differences in culture between black people and white people and you refuse that idea so strongly that you class the mere suggestion or questioning otherwise to be an act of racism?

Matt.
No doubt you could form an argument that people who disagree with you are themselves racist if you think a bit harder than that last effort. In the meantime, I'm reasonably content that, as they say, you know what you are. And that'll do for starters. Points well made, hector and Phil. Still no idea why Niall Thompson was labelled with 'attitudinal defects' in this way in the first place other than to concoct the bile that followed. What about Yeoman and Craig? Second thoughts. Please don't bother. (Essay expected.)
Last edited by Rjc70 on 26 Sep 2013, 16:02, edited 2 times in total.
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

ferrarilover wrote:These sorts of things seem to affect the black guys much more than the white fellows
Incredible statement from a prize tw@t.
Reminds me of Ron Atkinson's gaf and i'm not sure which is more laughable really.

Bet you're gutted Mozika may sign eh ferarri - you'll no doubt be worried about his 'attitude defect' :rofl:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:Decontextualism at its finest there, Hector. A valiant effort at twisting a perfectly fair question into something it so clearly isn't, but with my first two posts available in their entirety on this thread, anyone who falls for it will do so for a lack of fact checking.

Matt.
1. What you said wasn't a question. It was a statement. A racist one, by the way.
2. Yes, you are right. Your first two posts (including your racist one) are there for everyone to see and their 'fact checking' as you put it, will ensure they see it as such.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

The PLG attempting to shock?

The PLG a daft racist?

What astounding revelations. Next we'll find out that night follows day, or that Nathan Craig isn't good enough for league football!
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

N Thompson is going to Worcester on loan, 1 month.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Isn't anyone concerned that our bench is going to be on the light side or is Knill bringing in some new faces?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Isn't anyone concerned that our bench is going to be on the light side or is Knill bringing in some new faces?

Yes with Nico and Craig but thompson, hutchings and yeoman don't make the bench so there's no worry there.
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

I think Andy that Azeez is a straight swap for Niall at this point and I think if injuries do occur, we will be able to recall players if needed. This loan spell is a time to try new ideas I think
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

TeenageGull wrote:I think Andy that Azeez is a straight swap for Niall at this point and I think if injuries do occur, we will be able to recall players if needed. This loan spell is a time to try new ideas I think
Thanks teenagegull, I hadn't realized we were bringing this guy in (Azeez) until I just read it on the O/S a few minutes ago :Oops: so yes, it could be very much a straight swap like you say. :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

According to the report on the official site Thompson is in the Worcester squad for an F A Cup match tomorrow so we presumably have agreed to him becoming cup tied. This would seem to suggest he's not expected to be back and pressing for a first team place after his month's loan which would coincide with us entering the competition.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by jonnyfive »

yeovilgull wrote:According to the report on the official site Thompson is in the Worcester squad for an F A Cup match tomorrow so we presumably have agreed to him becoming cup tied. This would seem to suggest he's not expected to be back and pressing for a first team place after his month's loan which would coincide with us entering the competition.
Even without Azeez, Niall was 4th in line for a starting spot. And bear in mind that our recent cup-runs have displayed all the momentum of an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping...
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

I thought we played reasonably well against Swindon
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by jonnyfive »

I did hear that mate, but the record books will only show results. When did Utd last win a cup match, other than in the Devon Bowl?