Swindon Town v Torquay United - 6/8/13 - Cup

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Actually Wodge it's a pudding which Bakewell is famous for, the tart is just a spin off cake thingy. If you say Bakewell Tart in Bakewell you'll get short shrift. There is even a famous Bakewell PUDDING shop selling them. Tarts are a dirty word in these parts in more ways than one! ;-)
Sorry! :lol: :whistle: :whistle:
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Team for tonight

Rice

Tonge Pearce Downes nicho

Chappell Harding mansell bodin

Ball Hawley
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Quality write up Andy :) If I get the missus home from her hospital appointment at the Oxford JR I may shoot down the A420 and see the game but not sure I can make it. Anyway I'll go with a win 0-1 to us as, like you say, we are seriously due one. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Oblivion!!!!
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

supergulls wrote:Team for tonight

Rice

Ball Hawley
Love the back line, it reads that Nicho has been Downed by a Tonge Pearcing!
Make that one up!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

supergulls wrote:Team for tonight

Rice

Ball Hawley
Thats the exact team I'd have played as well. Big game for Bodin so would have played him today with the thought of not playing him saturday in all honesty and Hawley needs 60-70minutes minimum.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ahahahahaha :rofl:

Tongue pierce downs Nico! Genius. Sounds like a gaudy headline in The Sun.

Young Fish Costa Fortune!

I don't think Bodin is in our best starting XI, so seeing him stay ahead of Cameron disappoints me somewhat. Still, let's see what happens.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SEgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by SEgull »

I reckon we could pull off a win. We are an unknown entity going there with nothing to lose. Our young, quick wingers could be an issue. Knill likes to attack and what better game to go all out.
A cup run would do us the world of good financially and would provide some serious entertainment. Paul Buckle was a good cup manager (in the FA cup and trophy admittedly) and managed to get his players up for the games. Perhaps Knill will do the same.
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.”
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

ferrarilover wrote:Ahahahahaha :rofl:

Tongue pierce downs Nico! Genius. Sounds like a gaudy headline in The Sun.

Young Fish Costa Fortune!

I don't think Bodin is in our best starting XI, so seeing him stay ahead of Cameron disappoints me somewhat. Still, let's see what happens.

Matt.
Glad you approve, couldn`t make it up! Just shown Manse in the hope he rips Nicho! Funny as f**k!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Along with an improved defence, there are goals in the Gulls this season. They could well score a couple of them tonight, since we're due a victory over Swindon, as well as a good run in the League Cup.. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Blimey, if that's a rushed post from Andy I'd hate to see his intro when he's got time on his hands!

We always get knocked out of this cup first round so I can't see tonight being any different (2-0), just hope it'll allow our new players to gel a bit more before we play for points again.
Banging_Them_In
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Captain

Post by Banging_Them_In »

To all Gulls going to Swindon this evening. Beware the 'magic roundabout' on the way to the ground :

yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Just got back from Norway so missed Saturdays game but hopefully we should just pip Swindon tonight got my fingers crossed.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

yellowmonkey wrote:Just got back from Norway so missed Saturdays game but hopefully we should just pip Swindon tonight got my fingers crossed.
Name dropper....... I just got back from Iceland, it was sh#t, should have gone to Sainsbury. :lol: :) :na: :na: :whistle: :whistle:
SEgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by SEgull »

Bloody hell, from BBC...

Torquay have lost five in a row in the League Cup and are without a win in 10 (D2, L8).
Bournemouth are the only club they have knocked out in 17 years, doing so in the first round in 1997 and again in 2001.

We are due a win in this competition!
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.”
lucusmc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lucusmc »

Yeah not a great record in this comp, but is because of the seeds we will always get a cham/ league 1 club first up.