Salisbury v Torquay - PSF thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

That good a game was it? ^^
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

FT: Salisbury 0-1 Torquay
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Warren feeney is salisburys new number 2
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Heard Rendell off injured?

Seems a severe lack of updates from anyone involved at TUFC? Other clubs get full coverage we don't get anything.
Andovergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee mansell

Post by Andovergull »

Went to the game today, Salisbury played the better football in the first half and had more off the chance. Rendall is defo not match fit and went off injured. Must say that Tonge and Harding looked neat and tidy and Downsey was solid. The Kept the ball ok but did nothing with it, too many square and pass backwards for my liking-only my opinion

Second half was much better, bit more forward running and better use of the ball. penalty was abut harsh but Billy put away comfortably.

All in all a win is a win, did hear that Rendall has already fallen out with Alan Knill
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

If that's the case then he will be out anyway. Nothing lost nothing gained.

Anyone have any news on the team that started?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Andovergull wrote:Went to the game today, Salisbury played the better football in the first half and had more off the chance. Rendall is defo not match fit and went off injured. Must say that Tonge and Harding looked neat and tidy and Downsey was solid. The Kept the ball ok but did nothing with it, too many square and pass backwards for my liking-only my opinion

Second half was much better, bit more forward running and better use of the ball. penalty was abut harsh but Billy put away comfortably.

All in all a win is a win, did hear that Rendall has already fallen out with Alan Knill
During the game or before? Seems strange he would play if it was before? Anyway - seems he had a mare so unlikely he will still be here come Monday. Hope other irons are in the fire if so!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Also - any news on how Cooper went?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Just got back from the game which was very average and in the first half we hardly had a shot. Mansell was not he's usual self today and couldn't pass to a yellow shirt. Harding looked pretty tidy in midfield as did Lathrope when he come on. Rendell wins the prize for impersonating a footballer, he was terrible and looked uninterested. Niall Thompson looked a real threat again and tonge was steady at the back along with the rest of the defenders who were rarely troubled. Talking to the players outside they said the players that didn't start today will all start against Tiverton on tuesday.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Andovergull wrote:Went to the game today, Salisbury played the better football in the first half and had more off the chance. Rendall is defo not match fit and went off injured. Must say that Tonge and Harding looked neat and tidy and Downsey was solid. The Kept the ball ok but did nothing with it, too many square and pass backwards for my liking-only my opinion

How did you hear? And why? If it is the case Rendall join Zebs in the scrapheap
Lucy
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by tauntongull »

Having watched Rendell against Yeovil and heard the reports from today I do hope we elect not to sign him. Quite simply I think we can do much better and other strikers will play well with Benyon too. I firmly believe he is a conference player.

Although Hooper looked quite comfortable at the back again vs Yeovil he did struggle with their tall centre forward and this is my main area of concern - I think he isn't imposing enough due to his height and I think he will struggle because of this.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Cooper reads the game very well and looked comfortable today
Last edited by supergulls on 20 Jul 2013, 23:36, edited 2 times in total.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

tauntongull wrote:Having watched Rendell against Yeovil and heard the reports from today I do hope we elect not to sign him. Quite simply I think we can do much better and other strikers will play well with Benyon too. I firmly believe he is a conference player.

Although Hooper looked quite comfortable at the back again vs Yeovil he did struggle with their tall centre forward and this is my main area of concern - I think he isn't imposing enough due to his height and I think he will struggle because of this.

I really hope we don't give rendell anything he really is bad, there has to be better options out there !!
Last edited by supergulls on 20 Jul 2013, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I guess we're both referring to Cooper, rather than Hooper.

Sadly, Renders didn't look brilliant again, which is a real shame. I think, perhaps, we should keep him though. He isn't a bad backup striker and he might well just need a few games to get sharp.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"