Salisbury v Torquay - PSF thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Salisbury v Torquay - PSF thread

Post by Gullscorer »

Salisbury City v Torquay United (Sat 20 July k.o. 3pm) pre-season friendly.

Salisbury are probably our most formidable p.s.f. opponents. They were in adminestrone soup four years ago, and are now in the top tier of non-league football along with the mighty Luton Town (spit), so they are potentially an even bigger club than Plymouth Argyle (spit). And their cathedral is awesome, compared with the one in Exeter (spit)..!!

But we should be able to hold them to at least a 0-0 draw, since Matt Tubbs no longer plays for them, having transferred to Crawley Town (spit) in the summer of 2010.

The Gulls will again have trialists Scott Rendell and Shaun Cooper in the squad, so we might even sneak a narrow win. Hell, no, I'll stick my neck out and go for a 4-0 win for Torquay! Not that the actual score matters that much! Unfortunately I can't make it to the game, so must rely on others for updates and reports.

COYY..!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Starting line up
Rice

Tongue Downes Cooper nicho

Cameron mansell Harding Chappell

Benyon rendell
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The last time Salisbury was in the Conference/BSP Premier, we were too, and they held Paul Buckle's Gulls to a 0-0 draw, in January 2008.. Oh, and we missed (Tim Sills) a penalty against them Easter 2009..!!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Gullscorer wrote:The last time Salisbury was in the Conference/BSP Premier, we were too, and they held Paul Buckle's Gulls to a 0-0 draw, in January 2008.. Oh, and we missed (Tim Sills) a penalty against them Easter 2009..!!
Didn't he miss two? I'm pretty sure we had 3 penalties that game and only scored one.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

tktufc91 wrote:
Didn't he miss two? I'm pretty sure we had 3 penalties that game and only scored one.
I think it was Wroe who missed the other
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Just looked it up, Carlisle scored and missed one while Sills hit the bar.

Wroe got the equaliser in injury time.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

supergulls wrote:Starting line up
Rice

Tongue Downes Cooper nicho

Cameron mansell Harding Chappell

Benyon rendell
Good plan! but against Harare, I would move Benyon up front with Rice & leave Rendell in goal by himself. :clap: :clap: :lol: :na: :na: :whistle: :whistle:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I like Salisbury. Nice place, it's plain to see.. (Plain? Salisbury Plain? Oh never mind..) If it was situated in Devon, I would consider living there. As it is, we only have places such as Crediton, which has a nice church as I remember, but is a little too close to Exeter (spit).. :~D
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Another hot day, so this I think should be another game of four halves, like the Yeovil game, with a Toddy break midway through each half to refresh the players. Any excuse for a booze-up! Well, actually, I shall be imbibing throughout the whole match, with a paintbrush in the other hand.. :)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I think if you look up the news for that time, You will see that Salisbury City were deducted 10 points for going into administration and left the league to drop into the Conference South. They were in deep trouble and how they survived is quite remarkable after most of their players left the club.
I see that Salisbury are to unveil their new Player/Assistant Manager at the game today. He is meant to be an ex international player. But who is clouded in mystery at the moment. It could be someone who is a real surprise or he could be an ex international of someone like Faroe Islands. I am intrigued to say the least, it could boost their attendance if they Fans show any interest.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Any updates anyone???
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Andy Charles tweets that it's 0-0 at half time ... and rubbish!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

any further tweets after half time. who was unveiled as their new boss. i am just curious.

OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Apparently 1-0 from a Bodin pen and we've improved from being awful.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

were there any other surprise trialists for us. I see Rice may play. Shame we didn't have Tony Currie. Then at least we would have Currie and Rice. Maybe we should get in NACHO NOVO from Rangers, maybe even the Brazilian Tacho Venus. to back up we should sign Sammuelle Pizza from Napoli with a nice topping of Guy Branston. Or Marcus Bean from Brentford, As a side serving we should get Chris Leek from Cymbran (hey boys a guy called leek in Wales. Priceless) or looking for local talent we can sign Graham Cheeseman from Bath City or Shaun Lamb from Team Bath. For sweet we can have Richard Pears from Collumpton with James Berry Excretia. although I am a bit partial myself to Artur Melon. Poland. followed by a nice cuppa. Bun Marckara Tea from Nancy although many of you would prefer Zak Whitbread from Millwall
Ok I'll get me coat. Oh dear this early into the season too. Never mind it was a slow news day.