Buckle

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
rodneyjackjackjack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by rodneyjackjackjack »

Lets just hope we get another attack minded manager like Buckle.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Kit_robin wrote: Completely agree.

The sort of stuff he was saying smacked of "come and get me, big boys."

Ahem.
Agree with everything! There was just no need for him to be saying he's "ambious" and would "take on a bigger club". We all know that, it just doesn't need saying in the run up to a play-off final. Everyone knows that managers would take on a bigger job should the chance come along. Avoiding all questions or completely denying would have been the best policy, unfortunately Buckle didn't do either.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

I do find it slightly amusing that the headlines are suggesting "following the disappointment of losing the play off final" buckle is moving on, like he feels he's taken tufc as far as he can, blah blah blah, when its obvious the decision was made so long ago.

Handled very badly from the outset, by both clubs and more so by bucks. Just another example of the little clubs being treated with no respect. Just didn't expect it of our own manager. Very poor.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Apparently it has been reported on Sky That Paul Buckle Told the players Sunday evening. If this is true I wonder if he told any of them that he would be looking to come back for them. we wait to see if this is true. As it is supposedly meant to have been kept secret. it has to be the worst kept secret this season
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i really dont think any players will want to go with him, unless they get huge pay rises, i dont know anyone who'll be sad about PB leaving, yes hes done a good job getting us the 3 playoffs, promotion and the trophy final, but his tactical nous at times seems bemusing. things could have been so much better with the talent on disposal at the club this last season. not sad, never liked him, shown his true colours, thanks to him but tufc move on
still keeping the faith
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I like the quote I've just seen in a newspaper supposedly taken after the game when he was quizzed about his future, "It wouldn't surprise me if there has been contact between the two clubs"

You don't say, Paul !!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Agree with Fonda, Dave & Kit Robin about the timing of the approach, and Buckles failure to deny any of it. Going into the biggest 3 games of the season, and you have your manager practically saying he's moving on. Nice one.
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

Southampton Gull wrote:I like the quote I've just seen in a newspaper supposedly taken after the game when he was quizzed about his future, "It wouldn't surprise me if there has been contact between the two clubs"

You don't say, Paul !!!
Dave

You really should stop reading three week old newspapers!! :)
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

It`s now official on .Com. Buckle and North Leaving for Rovers. Applications wanted for Manager`s job.

Thank`s for what you`ve done guys and good luck. Hope we get the right person in to carry on the work started.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Confirmed now on O/S.

Also inviting applications. A deal for a replacement not as done as we think? Or just making sure there isnt someone better out there willing to give it a go?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Blimey, that's a shock, didn't see that coming :clap:

Trollope still on gardening leave, Rovers to appoint Buckle, I think minds are made up but I would hope any deal is confirmed on Thursday
Dave

Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

I can't believe they haven't already signed up a replacement. They have known about this for 3 weeks and hopefully spent that time getting a replacement sorted to take the reins immediately. Due to the play offs we are already behind the rest of the division, we can't afford to hang around!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

The bit about wanting applications is worrying me. They have known for 3 weeks he is going. Surely they could have the new manager virtually appointed. I hope they have not been sat on their arses the whole time Buckle has been going. Everyone knew he was going - let's hope a plan was in place.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Jerry, I would imagine that a deal has probably been agreed in principle already but with the Board apparently not meeting until Thursday to make a decision I'd hope the announcement is just to see what applicants they get.
Dave

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It says on Bristol Rovers site that Buckle 'has already identified a list of players' so when he was supposed to be preparing our squad for the play-offs he was busy compiling a wish list of players for his new club. We were paying his wages to do work for Bristol Rovers. The whole saga is sickening and I only hope our 'nice' board have not been taken for mugs.