Buckle

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Buckle

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

right.

now we can talk about it.

if hes off he should come out and say it now.

not that i think hes staying - nad even more less so after what ive been told this afternoon.

yeah, thanks bucks but say it and do it - now.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We've already lost a lot of ground on the teams around us by being in the play-offs. If he's going, it should be Monday morning, and hopefully we have a plan in place to get on with next season.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
chafford100gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: kevin nicholson

Post by chafford100gull »

He was talking on the tv after about not too many of the team leaving but in the next breath when asked if he was staying he replied that he wasnt sure what was happening....hmmmmm
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He's on holiday from Monday......................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Thanks for everything Bucks and goodbye.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

SuperNickyWroe wrote:right.

now we can talk about it.

if hes off he should come out and say it now.

not that i think hes staying - nad even more less so after what ive been told this afternoon.

yeah, thanks bucks but say it and do it - now.

So what were you told?

And who the hell was in Newcastle to tell you?
Dave

northharrowgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northharrowgull »

My problem with Buckle is that he allowed the rumours to proliferate about a possible move to Bristol Rovers. He is to my mind somewhat arrogant in this and I just wonder what effect this had on the players. Could have made the difference today who knows. What is clear is that for whatever reason we didnt turn up today. Time will tell but expect an exodus if buckle leaves for the Gas
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

I too have returned from The Stadium Of Dreams after an awful day - crap journey, nightmare on the roads (although could have been worse if you were Southbound on the M5 and in a 16 mile tailback outside Bridgwater).

What can I say in summary. First 45 minutes we gifted them the game, we let them get their tails up and they did what teams should do and seized the initiative 5 minutes before half-time. Charles was a real handful - even for Branston and I felt that we deserved to be 1 down at half time. We were slow to be physical and compete and I caught us on serveral occasions looking at the ball rather than challenging for it. There was something not right today - in the team and in the crowd - can't put my finger on it. There is normally a huge amount of singing and confidence but after 10 minutes the crowd looked as nervous as the players, expecting things were not going to go our way. It's not often the gulls fans get outsung - but today they did and you have to hand it to their supporters for making such a racket - the drum certainly got them singing.

I was sat in the 'padded seat section' and never again - sat with the prawn sandwich brigade and adhoc supporters, the section was lifeless - I was the only one standing when the chant 'If you love Torquay stand up!' came on - pathetic. The first 25 minutes of the second half was our chance to get level but although we had plenty of chances to break, we never really had that edge. Zebroski was not on form today, almost hit the corner flag with one shot and Jake Robinson equally inept with his one foot that was so predictable - there was none of the 'force going forward' that we have all seen this season.

As for Buckle - very simple - arrogant to the end, very lucky to have got us to the play-off's this season - no tactical genius in my mind - will go where the money is under the illusion that he will make it big one day and has too much confidence in his own ability. Has crap timing by (if we believe the rumours to be true) attending interviews before the biggest game in the clubs history and will no doubt do what he did when he left Exeter and take some of our team with him. Has brought some great players to the club but equally has brought some nightmares (Jodie Banim - Iyseden Christie to name but a few). I don't think he will be a manager I will ever consider to be one of the best we have had. Hand in your resignation on Monday and head North to the money and let's see how you do next season - hopefully we will start rebuilding, ponder on thoughts of what might have been. Having handled the disappointment of relegation out of the football league and the joy of getting back in I can handle anything - season ticket to get first thing Monday morning - hopefully just in time to see Mr Buckle clearing his desk.

See you all next season.

AWJ.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

denspad wrote: See you all next season.

AWJ.
Aw, stay on here during the summer, dens....I imagine there's going to be a lot of topics worthy of discussion from the sound of it.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:
So what were you told?

And who the hell was in Newcastle to tell you?

dave, i didnt say i was in newcastle when i was told........... ;-)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

So you were lying when you said you had to miss the game due to being stuck in Newcastle then?
Dave

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:So you were lying when you said you had to miss the game due to being stuck in Newcastle then?

steady dave.

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Steady what?

Either you missed the game because you were in Newcastle or you didn't go because you didn't want to, no skin off my nose either way, just trying to clarify what you're saying, nothing from what I can see..............
Dave

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dave, got back home at 1.30pm ish. didnt know if i would have finished work in time to get to OT.

didnt want to chance it.

and as for bucks - who cares??

he will/has made his mind up.

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

SuperNickyWroe wrote: not that i think hes staying - nad even more less so after what ive been told this afternoon.

No worries, just trying to clarify how you could have posted this ^^
Dave