Nicholson out?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Newtongull44
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Tyrone marsh

Nicholson out?

Post by Newtongull44 »

Thoughts on Nicholson after today's result against tranmere. Is he out of his depth and who would be stupid enough to come in as manager?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Last edited by CraigUnder on 30 Jan 2016, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Oh good - a new thread on a topic which has been covered on about 10 other threads. Genius.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Bleeper wrote:Listening to his interview just screams naivety. 17 games to go, 51 points to play for, 11 points adrift. He is so tactically inept and insists on playing instead of managing from the sidelines. Do us all a favour Kev and f*** off.
To be fair....this does not deserve a response. This team will survive. NICO is taking shape and I for one am sure he has it all in place to get someone else's team out the mire. Even if he doesn't... It will not be through inability, it will be through circumstance, I am just glad that we have a team with hope. It could be a lot worse. So if anyone should go forth and multiply you should take a deep breath and look at something that provides s reflection.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Pointless thread. Not going to happen. Just have to back our manager.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

IanGull01 wrote:Pointless thread. Not going to happen. Just have to back our manager.
:goodpost:

exactly, we cant keep doing it!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Newtongull44 wrote:Thoughts on Nicholson after today's result against tranmere. Is he out of his depth and who would be stupid enough to come in as manager?

With all due respect to Nico who remains my favourite ever Torquay player to this day, he beat hundreds of other applicants to the managers job because he was the easiest and cheapest option available to the board in the current circumstances. Who do you suggest comes in and takes over who is both better and more cost effective then?

Nico out by all means if it's how you feel but there wouldn't be a great deal that anybody could do given the same constraints and problems he's had to deal with. TUFC have had 2 'legends' these past couple of years charged with rescuing the club in it's darkest hour so just thank your lucky stars that it's Nico at the helm and not bloody wet behind the ears, strong player - wimpy manager Hargreaves. Or maybe you'd rather have him back? :rofl: :rofl: :clap: ;P :clown: :clown:
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I am fairly sure that with Hargreaves in charge, we'd be lamenting another crap season, but that crap season would be nervously looking over our shoulders at the teams in the relegation zone, not seeing them far off in the distance just about to disappear in the horizon. He certainly wouldn't be in any worse a position, and would have saved a load of cash.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Hargreaves took over with the club in 23rd place and easily in touch with 22nd and up. He had plenty of time and not once did he get out the kitchen sink in any of the games I went to. As I've said before, he spent the entire second half trying to further defend a 1-0 deficit away to York and that was when I knew he'd take the club down. That idiot is equally as responsible as Knill for the situation now and i'm deeply ashamed and embarrassed to have sung his name. He's not the man I thought he was but he's ok now for sure. Don't worry about him. He's just another clown who has failed the club and got some cash for it whilst then moving on with his career poncing in front of the tv cameras talking bollocks about football like me whilst you lot continue to suffer the consequences of such incompetent 'professionals' and somehow amazingly you still find positives?!! :O

. There aren't any positives from CH and his time at Plainmoor as manager so why would he do a better job than Nico? I'm glad the club paid the parasite off and good riddance. Those of you paying nearly 20 quid to watch the club play at home against Concord Rangers next season should surely agree?!!

Anyway, at the risk of this sounding like another 'who is to blame' post all I wanted to do was to compare Nico and CH and say that Nico has a hundred times more difficult task on his hands than CH ever did and so by that logic under CH now, the club would be in an even worse position than it already is.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 30 Jan 2016, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Kernowgull wrote:I am fairly sure that with Hargreaves in charge, we'd be lamenting another crap season, but that crap season would be nervously looking over our shoulders at the teams in the relegation zone, not seeing them far off in the distance just about to disappear in the horizon. He certainly wouldn't be in any worse a position, and would have saved a load of cash.

I believe this too. If the money we spent laying off Hargreaves and Hodges, lets say 75k, was given to them to spend i doubt we'd be going down this season.

Its alright though Nicho is a nice bloke and the chairman's favourite player...obviously the two most important things on any clubs person specification for a new manager.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

It has been reported that this board saved us from oblivion and for we thank them however they are also responsible for our current predicament.

Are we looking at 5 points from a possible 30 under Nicholson?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

IanGull01 wrote:Pointless thread. Not going to happen. Just have to back our manager.
Pointless thread? What ? Back our manager taking us into National South? Yippee!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Are we looking at 5 points from a possible 30 under Nicholson?
I don't see how they are?

They don't step in - the club goes for a Burton. I didn't see thousands of you rushing to put a deal together when push came to shove.

The club has no money.

A hefty proportion of fans wanted CH out too so it made sense to do the deed upon taking control to start afresh. Didn't hear many people complaining when Cox took over.

The club has no money.

Most of players need to wake up and start taking some responsibility for being totally shite.

Nico was appointed because the club has no money.

The club drop into conference south but they still exist. Do you still want the club to exist or do you want to call it a day?

If you want to call it a day then fine. If you still want a club in existence to go and watch then there is no 'current predicament'. You've got a club.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

nickbrod wrote: Pointless thread? What ? Back our manager taking us into National South? Yippee!
I'm pretty this topic came up after he lost a few games when he took over. Face it, he is here and we can't do much about it accept support him. Those who don't that's their choice but the real Torquay fans will be at their next Saturday supporting the boys.
Those who don't go, can't comment on the forum as they are not true fans else they would be turning up week in week out. (Except the ones who live far away of course).
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Yorkieandy wrote: They don't step in - the club goes for a Burton ........
Oh Andy - wrong saying !! If we had gone for a 'Burton', we'd be bliddy top of Div 1 now !! :'( :'(