Non Contracts

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Smithy1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Non Contracts

Post by Smithy1899 »

Not been this excited for a new season for sometime, great to be underway. Unlucky in the week and been impressed by the managers enthusiasm and energy. However, it was a bit disconcerting to overhear rumours at the Woking game that both Paul Cox and his staff, as well as some of our new players are employed on a non contract basis?! Heard the management team aren't even being paid a salary? This must leave us vulnerable to approaches for their services from other clubs? Bit of clarification needed. :S
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

this rumour was discussed in the Macclesfield match thread, page 4. It has also been discussed extensively on the Facebook pages. Our CEO has declared publically that our manager & assistant manager are here for the long haul. I thought your post was going to be about the non-contract players that we now have in the squad. Don't think the managerial wages are any of our business IMO. Think we should put this one 'to bed' & concentrate on paying into the Players Fund (if we can; every 50 p helps !); & on the singing !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Smithy1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Smithy1899 »

taxilady wrote:this rumour was discussed in the Macclesfield match thread, page 4. It has also been discussed extensively on the Facebook pages. Our CEO has declared publically that our manager & assistant manager are here for the long haul. I thought your post was going to be about the non-contract players that we now have in the squad. Don't think the managerial wages are any of our business IMO. Think we should put this one 'to bed' & concentrate on paying into the Players Fund (if we can; every 50 p helps !); & on the singing !
Since it looks like the manager and his staff aren't being paid how you can say they are here for long haul is beyond me. This won't be put to bed until either the club confirms a proper long term contract or abother club snaps him up
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Smithy1899 wrote: Since it looks like the manager and his staff aren't being paid how you can say they are here for long haul is beyond me. This won't be put to bed until either the club confirms a proper long term contract or abother club snaps him up
He is here for the long haul. He has said so, the club have said so - you do not need to stir up trouble and worry where there is none.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

how come this has come up again, cox and his staff are all being paid, the guy has even moved his family down, dont see why we need to carry this on. time to move on!
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

No one apart from a few rumours have said he isn't being paid. If you choose to believe those over the clubs CEO is your look out, but it doesn't make you right.

Paul Cox is too good a manager to be giving his services for free. Whether he is still receiving a wage from Mansfield (I don't know when his contract ran to) a la Hargreaves and TUFC, and we are paying very little to top that up is an option which remains possible, although has never been mentioned by anyone official.

He has a contract for a year no matter how much he is actually being paid, that was c9nfirmed when he was unveiled as our manager. Whether he is getting 50p or 5k therefore is largely immaterial.

I would imagine whatever he is being paid now will be up for discussion in the summer, when we are rid of the Hargreaves mill stone and will have a better idea of Cox's appetite for another season in south Devon.
Smithy1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Smithy1899 »

Not trying to stir guys! You see Heslop in on non contract combined with Cox not being paid rumours so logically just asking the question re short-term. The points raised by previous post, please show the links/evidence backing up contract length and Mansfield payment.

Can either the club or the manager make an official statement to clarify these issues?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be fair your asking the club or employees of the club to confirm/clarify information that they probably couldn't in the public domain, and almost certainly will not want to, the information sought doesn't need to be in the public domain, in all honesty really isn't any of our, the fans business, Steve Breed and others at the club have said Paul Cox is here for the long haul, at this stage that's all we need to know, if that should change, then the club will no doubt cross that bridge in the unlikely event of that happening.

I have heard a suggestion PC is still being paid by Mansfield, of course, I can not say that's true, if it is, it would be my belief that PC couldn't take a wage from TUFC with out first tying things off with Mansfield. One thing that I do firmly believe is, Paul Cox is not working here for free, and will be receiving a wage.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Hi smithy. Dean Edwards confirms in this video that it's for a year initially, around 14 minute mark.

The Mansfield thing was pure wild speculation on my part to explain where some of these rumours have come from. I don't necessarily believe or NOT believe it. What I do believe is that Cox and the club will have come to a mutually beneficial arrangement.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Steve Breed said that Paul Cox is here for the long haul and something Cox said in today's match preview about wanting TUFC to be in Grimsby's position in 12 months time, would suggest he is looking ahead.

I don't know if his contract is for a year or less/more or even if he has a contract. Something Dean Edwards said, when Cox was appointed, was that they would look at it again, after Christmas (or something like that), which suggested there was not a long-term contract.

Any rumours about Mansfield still paying his salary, one would think on the surface are unlikely if he is a manager here, unless it only ceases if he draws a wage, so if TUFC are not paying him, and it is expenses only, perhaps that is a way around him still drawing a salary from Mansfield - that would be good if true!!
Smithy1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Smithy1899 »

Ok guys thanks for your responses. Been really impressed with the start of the Cox regime and my concern was that any momentum we are building is based on short term solutions, just want some clarity he will be here for the long term because from what I've seen so far, he can spot a player and the team give their all for him. Speaking of which, what a start to this game :-D
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Changing the subject slightly, I was surprised Lavelle-Moore was not on the bench today and so we had no forward options besides Murombedzi. As he is one of our non-contract players, I wonder if he has been offered a contract by another club? I hope not 'cos I thought he had something about him.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

We did have marsh on the bench aswell
The gulls are going up
Smithy1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Smithy1899 »

Still big shouts that the manager isn't being paid. The voices on here, I don't believe any of you. I don't think he's being paid at all. Too many people saying it now. Absolute shambles, not sure how they expect him to carry on working on expenses