Poke gone

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Poke gone

Post by Richinns »

Signed for Pompey:
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompe ... -1-6138906

Always likely he would move on.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Thanks Pokey. You're a decent keeper and will always be remembered for *that* save against Histon. If you're ever fit for more than about 25 minutes at a time and you can rediscover that confidence you had during your first spell here, you'll do really well.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Shame but I guess we all expected him to go. Thanks for everything Pokey, always felt confident with Pokey in goal, even if he didn't quite rediscover his form from his first stint.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Good move for him I suppose, particularly given his long standing connection with the area during his time at Southampton. Judging by the Pompey Manager's comments it does sound very much as though he will largely be a bench warmer there though, which is something I guess he has become used to, apart from his spells with us that is.

In part I guess it is the life of a goalkeeper, but I can't help but reflect on the fact that at 28 years of age he has made less starts in the Football L eagle than 21 year old Luke Young! No doubt he has earnt some very good money in his career, even when he was with us! But, you do wonder whether he might look back on his career with some regrets later on in life, whilst cheering himself up with his bank balance no doubt though!

Anyway thanks for your past efforts Pokey, wish you the best of luck.

It will be interesting to see who (if any) we bring in to replace him and whether any replacement is seen as first or second choice, to Ricey.
torkie_buoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Cameron

Post by torkie_buoy »

All the best to Poke, was a good all round keeper. If not for his injuries, he could have gone further- but no point dwelling on that, it's a new start for him. Think Ricey is likely to be our no. 1 with lavercombe as a sub. Will be fine in the conference! :)
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Good keeper who (like many) had a poor season last season. As CP pointed out, it is somewhat of a shame that he's not been able to push on and be a first team regular at a league 2 team like his ability should command.

Rice I'd say is not far off his ability, and so I don't really have any problem with Poke moving on and Martin getting a chance next season.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

should free up a good chunk of wages! cheers for some very good memories pokey, who knows where we could've been if we'd have lost to Histon!
The gulls are going up
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I would assume tha we will sign another keeper - I don't see Rice as our number one keeper.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Can someone elude to the fact why the communication aspect of our OS is so poor.

Why is it that we consistently hear about signings and player moves from other sources i.e. BBC, Sky etc. before the official site?

This was one of my major criticisms of the club last year. I would like to know the reasons why this is such a problem?

The BBC reported yesterday Poke had left and it is still not on the OS. Luke Young was reported on Sky both a day or so before the official site.

Must do better.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

tauntongull wrote:Can someone elude to the fact why the communication aspect of our OS is so poor.

Why is it that we consistently hear about signings and player moves from other sources i.e. BBC, Sky etc. before the official site?

This was one of my major criticisms of the club last year. I would like to know the reasons why this is such a problem?

The BBC reported yesterday Poke had left and it is still not on the OS. Luke Young was reported on Sky both a day or so before the official site.

Must do better.
Have you thought of doing something totally radical like, oh, I don't know... asking the bloke who runs the OS?

Actually, if the Candyman or Tim are reading, maybe they can give a better answer?

If I were guessing, I'd suggest that these other sources deal in very accurate gossip, where as the OS will only report stuff once the very last ounce of paperwork is completed, plus all the photographs are taken and when the time is expedient (WTS Charlie mentioned yesterday that no one puts out good news on a sunny day, because no one is about to read it).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Top bloke, great move for all three parties
We'll be back...
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Don't go to soon Portsmouth you can have Karl Hawley and/or Dale Tonge for free too!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Don't go to soon Portsmouth you can have Karl Hawley and/or Dale Tonge for free too!
We are offering a 3 for the price on none if you take Benyon!

Don't suppose there is any chance you want the enigma which is Copper back is there?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Richinns wrote: We are offering a 3 for the price on none if you take Benyon!

Don't suppose there is any chance you want the enigma which is Copper back is there?

So enigmatic we are not ever sure what his name is ;-) I think its Cooper. :)
Unless, of course, we have signed somebody called Copper. I know the OS is sometimes a bit slow with updates...... :whistle:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

All the best Pokey. Hope it works out for you. Good 'keeper and a top fella. Oh and thanks for THAT save, against Histon.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."