Mansell signs for Bristol Rovers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Mansell signs for Bristol Rovers

Post by gullno4 »

not sure whether this is worth it's own thread, but I can't see it elsewhere on here. this is mansell's twitter bio:

2 beautiful girls and a stunning wife lifes not bad at all. Free agent & Herbalife distributor

discuss!
The gulls are going up
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Here's hoping - but I would wish him all the best and thank him for all his efforts over the years.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Its changed from free agent to footballer and '
'Pleased to have been offered a deal with #TUFC got some big decisions to make over the next month or so'
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

New tweet up!!

Pleased to have got an offer from TUFC. Big decisions to make over the next couple months.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Yes, left less than 10mins ago.

Surprised but not surprised, if that makes sense.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

It would seem that the gym session worked!

Whatever he may or may not think of our "offer" the fact of the matter is that it is an offer to continue to play professional football for a club at a decent level (probably the best level he could realistically hope to play for now) and in an area where he and his family seem happily settled. Until such time as he has a better offer on the table, then he would be wise to give himself time to consider ours and the implications for him and his family before turning it down out of hand as it appeared he wanted to do earlier today!

I believe the offer, assuming it has been made, gives him a month to accept, or decline, but to reject it out of hand would be a little premature and he surely doesn't need reminding of all the out of work footballers out there ... just ask Kevin Nicholson, or better still Danny Stevens ...how tough it can be.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

A Herbalife distributor? Not a good idea Lee. This is pyramid selling in my opinion. My daughter was a distributor for a couple of years.
Less than 1 in a 100 make a financial success of such a venture.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Rumours on one of the other sites that he is in talks with Argyle.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Manse PLEASE re read your tweet.....forget any football lark, stick with the Herbalife career :bow:
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Look, if you need a month to decide. waiting for a better offer. No no no, if you cannot make your mind up there and then dont want him.

I wnat players WHO WANT TO PLAY FOR THIS CLUB!

Decision between a Herbalife salesman and a professional footballer in the conference, your having a laugh, it must be a joke or a wind up!

Be lucky and I mean lucky to earn £100 doing that.
TUST MEMBER
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Neal wrote:Look, if you need a month to decide. waiting for a better offer. No no no, if you cannot make your mind up there and then dont want him.

I wnat players WHO WANT TO PLAY FOR THIS CLUB!

Decision between a Herbalife salesman and a professional footballer in the conference, your having a laugh, it must be a joke or a wind up!

Be lucky and I mean lucky to earn £100 doing that.
Really? This again? You really believe somebody should accept the first offer they get with no consideration of other options. Mansells loyalty is to his family, not the club. Its down to Hargreaves to put a time frame on the decision, not Mansell, or any other player.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I have to agree with Kernowgull, Manse has every right to wait and see what offers come his way. In his position I would wait a month, go on holiday, put my name about and see what offers come my way.

Reading other threads others have indicated that he believes Torquay's offer is very poor, well time will tell as none of us know what that offer is, but one thing is for certain if he is even close to the truth he will get a better offer and be off....if not and he re-signs he will no doubt tell us all that "he had better offers, but chose the club he loves" etc etc

The likes of Guy Branston, allegedly, did well in the twi-light of his career by moving clubs and receiving signing on fees...so perhaps Mansell will get several offers for league football and a chance of a good signing on fee himself.

Whilst I can understand uncertainty that loosing your job brings, truely understand, as I have been made redundant three times, he is now nearly 32 and has had years of afternoons off to plan his next career and ensure his family is ok....and I am sure he has done that should no offers come his way.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Of course he has every right. But.... i wouldnt want a player in my squad who "reluctantly" stays becuase it was the only option, and begrudgingly so. Given the alledged tweets I have seen on here it seems that this could be the case.

Jeez we are going to need every player pulling in one direction 100% next season if we want to do anything. He wasnt on my list to stay, and given some of the more aggressive posts on here over the last few months by some posters he wasnt on theirs either.

Thats football, you can be a legend and then one season of poor form, thats it. These guys know this, if you cannot take it then dont do it.

No, if he is pissed off with the offer I would withdraw it becuase we cannot afford any issues next season.
TUST MEMBER
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Commit or bugger off. (Not just manse. Any player that has been made an offer) Don't mess the club (Or the fans) about. We had the same situation with Rene Howe. Offer on the table at christmas, P****d about until the end of June before deciding that TUFC were not good enough for him. :@

Appreciate that players have to think over the offers that they have been made, but as a previous poster said (Apologies can't remember who it was) you either want to play for Torquay or you don't.

If I was in charge I would allow them a max of 14 days, from offer on table, to making a decision. If no decision is made, by the player, then withdraw the offer. Simples.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

All a bit harsh above. I know that Hoŵe led the club a merry dance and was given too long. One month is pretty fair I would have thought. It is the players' means of earning a living, whereas for the fans it is not. You would want to do the best for your family when accepting a contract. Nobody could ever accuse Manse of being disloyal, he has been a great servant to the club.