Torquay United exhibition at Torquay Museum

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fleurette
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Torquay United exhibition at Torquay Museum

Post by Fleurette »

I work at Torquay Musuem and can confirm that we are planning a TUFC exhibition, with the full backing of the Club board. What I'm after at this stage are lists of items of Club memorabilia - the older the better - that I can borrow and use in the exhibition. Any person lending the Museum items will be credited alongside the item. I'm also after offers of sponsorship, which will take the form of sponsoring certain items, eg £50 for a pair of boots. In return for sponsorship of items the person/organisation will be credited by the item sponsored - on the same basis as throw ins, etc. being sponsored at TUFC. Sponsorship rates can be negotiated depending on the item and whether its a personal or company sponsorship. Anyone interested can email me at the Museum - [email protected] Many thanks in advance
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Is that similar to a museum?

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Very fitting! An exhibition on an old, now defunct football club. Sorry, just my depression coming out in a different way. :-/ They used to good on the odd occasion y'know.
Oblivion!!!!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Fleurette wrote: What I'm after at this stage are lists of items of Club memorabilia - the older the better - that I can borrow and use in the exhibition. [email protected] Many thanks in advance
'Club memorabillia - the older the better". Are you free, Hector ?? I think this is a great idea and should generate a lot of interest. Thumbs up to Torquay Museum ..... or Musuem as it's now called !! :-D
Fleurette
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fleurette »

Yes, I know, its ironic that 'Museum' is the one word that I have trouble spelling properly.....anyway, the exhibition is still in the pipeline, whether Torquay get relegated or not. So get searching your cupboards for any TUFC related memorabilia!
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

I once had a 45rpm record by Dick Edwards,Torquay united center half, I think we got from Aston Villa,good player the title was "oh united,the best team in the land if it wasn't so funny you could cry.Thankfully the record got lost somewhere along the way.Any body remember it?.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

The song went along the lines of ........

Oh United, the best team in the land.
Oh United, we've really got things planned.
We've got the skill, we've got the fight - enough to see us through,
On to Division two!

:lol:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

frenchgull wrote:I once had a 45rpm record by Dick Edwards,Torquay united center half, I think we got from Aston Villa,good player the title was "oh united,the best team in the land if it wasn't so funny you could cry.Thankfully the record got lost somewhere along the way.Any body remember it?.
I don't remember the record but I think Dick Edwards and Bruce Stuckey, local lad who went on to play for Sunderland, used to sing/play in the local clubs and pubs.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I've still got that record somewhere...... :-/
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Right, i know this is going back a bit and it was years ago now but I swear I remember that record being played just before the players came out for the final game of the 87/88 season vs Scunthorpe. There was a fantastic almost party atmosphere that day as we were looking for a win for automatic promotion. Sadly we lost 2-1. :(

I always wondered what that song was and who made it! :|
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Musuem? Museum? Mausoleum more likely . :(
TUST member 200 ;-)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Can put the Skybet football league plague in there, it will be an antique.
Lucy
Fleurette
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fleurette »

Yes, the song was recorded by Dick Edwards and Bruce Stuckey, called Oh United. Items on my wishlist for the exhibition are anything from the Magpies days, pre -Gulls- also if anyone has any old footballs, signed or unsigned, to show how the balls have changed over the years. If you do have anything TUFC related please email me ([email protected]) and tell me what it is, as then I can decide if/how I can use it. What you have might be the missing piece(s) in the history jigsaw! Thanks.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I remember the song - there was also a printed sheet with the words on - I have still got it somewhere.
Will there be a waxworks effigy of Chris Roberts with his British Rail Guards hat on? - now I would pay to see that.
Or perhaps one with Dave Webb - box of matches in hand.
Or Chris Zebroski carrying a glass jug.
The list is endless.
Fleurette
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fleurette »

Things are hotting up here at the Museum regarding the TUFC exhibition!!! Its been pencilled in for early next year, so I need to complete a list of items by November. So if anyone has anything TUFC related lying around that you'd be happy to lend or donate to the Museum for the exhibition, please contact me ([email protected])as I can then decide what we need. Thank you so much to the people who have already come forward with their items!

Also - there are going to be about 7 graphics panels, so does anyone have any suggestions of things they'd like to see? (keep suggestions clean and TUFC related please!!!). I've got some ideas but the exhibition is about your club, so if anyone has any ideas for including in the exhibition, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Limitations being cost and availability of photos/related memorabilia.