Accrington Match day thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Pringlejumperman

Accrington Match day thread

Post by Pringlejumperman »

I'm the new kid on the block, so thought I'd start a new thread.
So, the result today at Chesterfield not what we wanted so on a negative note let's all go to Plainmoor Saturday and have a good old moan, can't score, can't pass, look busy, why do we all bother, but we do because we love the club.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Wellcome to the forum sir. I am sure we will welcome you with open arms. Well open keyboard at least.
I am the resident nutcase. Well that's what Matt thinks I am but he loves me all the same.Don't you matty.
We have humour and moaning aplenty and are all in this together. Yes I indeed echo your sentiments. We all love the club.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Pringlejumperman

Well thank you Glostergull for the welcome, I'm not a negative fan even though things aren't looking good at the moment. My first game Bradford 81 and my hero Stevie Cooper what a player he was for us and could he header the ball and I loved the Mini Stand.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Should this be match thread for match. As now that Andy has gone, no match day thread is done until last minute.
Lucy
Pringlejumperman

I'm new so if its wrong, why did it go on then. Don't post on here then if you're not happy.

By the way Accrington is the next game unless you know different.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Pringlejumperman wrote:I'm new so if its wrong, why did it go on then. Don't post on here then if you're not happy.

I was merely stating that no match day thread is done now until last minute. We used to have some Austrian fan that took care of match day threads, but he has vanished leaving most to comment on how negative/and sh?t we are. Believe me don't apologise for making a thread.
Lucy
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Er, who said what was wrong..?? Slight misunderstanding here, or Lucy didn't express herself too well..?? I believe she was suggesting this could be the match thread for the next game, and was complaining that match day threads are started too late. Well, a few of them are, though the Chesterfield one was started the day before.

Anyway, if you want, you could perhaps re-title this thread as 'Torquay v Accrington match thread'. It's never too early for Lucy.. :~D
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Gullscorer wrote:Er, who said what was wrong..?? Slight misunderstanding here, or Lucy didn't express herself too well..?? I believe she was suggesting this could be the match thread for the next game, and was complaining that match day threads are started too late. Well, a few of them are, though the Chesterfield one was started the day before.

Anyway, if you want, you could perhaps re-title this thread as 'Torquay v Accrington match thread'. It's never too early for Lucy.. :~D
Andy used to have them out days before , if people/forum members are happy with last minute.com then fine. Never meant too not express myself. I merely said your the one to open next Saturdays thread because otherwise it won't be done until next Friday night. :bow:
Lucy
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

That's fair enough. I suspect that most of us have been waiting for the match thread to appear without realising that Andy has been otherwise engaged and not around much at present, which is why it appears later than expected, and it takes just a little effort for somebody to post basic information about the teams. Otherwise I'm sure the thread will somehow appear before the match begins; there are always posters out there... :-D
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

this game will define our season and it will see what we're made of - on the back of two defeats, it goes without saying that we need a win. if we don't beat accrington, then our future lies in the conference. if we lose this then that's me done for the season, I can't afford to spend out on such rubbish!
The gulls are going up
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Pringlejumperman wrote:I'm new so if its wrong, why did it go on then. Don't post on here then if you're not happy.

Blimey, that was a quick promotion to Chief of Forum Police.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Lol, Mr who's fallen victim to the power of the pringle jumper :Z :) ignore the miseries, feel free to post what you want and take a full part in the forum including starting match day threads, not rules to say who can start them or when in the week that I can see.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Pringlejumperman

Must say not really looking forward to this game mind you can say that to all the games this season so far its been a mare .l know we are not down but IF ??? I fear the worst . but hey the fat lady not singing yet so come on Torquay Utd
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this will be an extremely hard game for us, not only is it a relative relegation 6 pointer, but in terms of away form over the last 8 away matches Accrington are 2nd only to Scunthorpe, getting a possible 16 out of 24 points, and our home form clearly isn't the best. Just hope CH and co. will turn up with a performance on Saturday.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

OllieGull wrote:I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this will be an extremely hard game for us, not only is it a relative relegation 6 pointer, but in terms of away form over the last 8 away matches Accrington are 2nd only to scunthorpe, getting a possible 16 out of 24 points, and our home form clearly isn't the best. Just hope CH and co. will turn up with a performance on Saturday.
and their forward line is better - and more settled than ours.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468