Pompey Roll call

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Pompey Roll call

Post by tktufc91 »

Who's making the trip to Portsmouth this weekend? This was the first fixture I looked for seeing as five years ago we were non league and they were premier league.

Anyone know how many tickets we've sold. Would love to see a big away following.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

Does anyone know if tickets have to be bought in advance or not?
I assume because their away end accommodates a few thousand, there's no problem in getting tickets on the day?... but you never know
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

no mention on OS about it being all ticket. I'll be looking to buy a ticket there ; haven't been to Plainmoor to get one because the Burton match was cancelled.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by tktufc91 »

Just got of the phone with Portsmouth. Tickets can be bought on the day at the main ticket office.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I'm there! can't wait. Anyone know what their pitch is like in terms of withstanding the weather? We are heading up on the train, which leaves at 6 30 in the morning, so will be an awful day if its called off late.

Looking forward to getting up there early for a couple of pints and lunch before cheering on the gulls!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by tktufc91 »

Forecast is for showers through to Saturday morning so hopefully the pitch will be fine. I live about 40 mins away and it has been showery all afternoon.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'm coming to this one.

Can't bloody wait!!!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

My folks live just down the coast, in Bracklesham, Sussex so as soon as the fixtures came out I decided to combine a visit with the match! Also buying tickets on the day.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

I'll be there, this was definitely the first game I looked for when the fixtures came out. Like others I never thought I would get to watch us play at Fratton Park. You can't underestimate just how big this game is, I never thought we would be playing there effectively in a '6 pointer'. It's a shame they won last night whilst the stop-start run of games CH has had to deal with is far from perfect, however the players should be fresh - hopefully Cooper and Cruise may be back to full fitness and it will be good to see the new striker in action. COYY!!! :scarf:
The original taunton_gull!!!
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills

Post by Wubble U »

Thanks for the info guys :nod:

COYY!! :scarf:
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Im also going. First trip to Fratton Park staying in Southampton for the week.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Is this likely to be on ? The Met Office have issued an amber weather warning for the South for Friday.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, it'll be on, Torquay are the only club amateur enough to have a match called off because of the weather...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:Yeah, it'll be on, Torquay are the only club amateur enough to have a match called off because of the weather...
Matt.
Just so it's clear.. Matt is Brucie's twin brother.. =D
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

ferrarilover wrote:Yeah, it'll be on, Torquay are the only club amateur enough to have a match called off because of the weather...

Matt.
Actually,my mate Petersfield Gull says that,unfortunately, there is a chance the match will be postponed if there is significant rainfall tomorrow and Saturday.The Pompey pitch doesn't hold up that well and there have been a number of matches postponed in recent years-including the Premiership and Championship seasons.They've had one match postponed at Fratton Park this season(Accrington) and one abandoned at half-time(Wycombe).
Lets hope that part of the South Coast misses the worst of the predicted bad weather-we really do need to play this one.