Torquay United v Exeter City - 29/12/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Torquay United v Exeter City - 29/12/13

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

WIN
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 27 Dec 2013, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

What he said.....
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I've edited it now so it's easier for you and others to read. Hope it helps.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We'll win. Exeter's last clean sheet was on 22 October against Oxford. Their current form is shite, ours is very reasonable. If we don't win this we won't deserve to. 3-1 to the Gulls. :-D
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, but too often in the past we have come a VERY severe cropper against Exeter. 1-4, 0-4 anybody?
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

WIN at all costs!!!! More bad news from down under with the ashes collapse so this is a must win otherwise I am likely to completely loose it and throw heavy objects through windows. COYYS :goal: :scarf:
Oblivion!!!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Interestingly, on Exeter's site, many of them are predicting a win for Torquay. I really could not predict this one. Both teams are poor. Both - on the whole - are in sorry form. I certainly feel that we will lose one of these Christmas Devon Derbies - more likely the Plymouth one - but have a horrid feeling it could be both, as Exeter are better away, due a win, due a win against us and particularly an away win against us.

Two Devon Derbies in 3 days, could make or break a Christmas for a Torquay fan - and out of the three clubs, we are the only one playing two derbies. How brilliant it could be to win both but having been a Torquay fan for so long, you sense losing both is the more likely outcome for a Torquay fan. We just don't do things like that.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

My feeling for this game and the one after is apprehension. There are reasons to be positive, we're unbeaten in three and have taken 7 points from 9, I just think if the performance is anything like Boxing Day Exeter will punish us despite being on a poor run. The surface really didn't help the players the other day and I think it will be difficult once again. I think we'd all bite anyone's arm off for 4 points from the next two but I'll settle for one win and a defeat.

EDIT - I've just read Stockley has managed to get himself injured again and won't be available. Marquis has to avoid getting booked tomorrow to prevent being suspended. If he manages it he will start on a clean slate against Argyle.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Stockley tweaked his back when he came on - a shame that he is injured again. Its a really tough game to call though.
I agree the pitch did not really help us but its going to be even heavier tomorrow. I do somewhat think we might lose this game. Exeter by all accounts played well at Cheltenham but in general have been completely inconsistent.
Its going to be another scrappy affair - I wonder if we ought to utilise a couple of fresh players - personally I would be looking at Pearce and Benyon. Tonge had a hard game against Bristol Rovers and I would certainly prefer the younger O'Connor at right back.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Aaargh!

I'll be watching this from behind the proverbial sofa (Bristow's Bench). I don't look forward to City games at Plainmoor as I am still haunted by the dirty scummers jumping around with glee after their conference comeback......... :'(

Torquay win, but it will be 1-0 and I will barely be able to watch it. :Z
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

hector wrote:Interestingly, on Exeter's site, many of them are predicting a win for Torquay. I really could not predict this one. Both teams are poor. Both - on the whole - are in sorry form. I certainly feel that we will lose one of these Christmas Devon Derbies - more likely the Plymouth one - but have a horrid feeling it could be both, as Exeter are better away, due a win, due a win against us and particularly an away win against us.

Two Devon Derbies in 3 days, could make or break a Christmas for a Torquay fan - and out of the three clubs, we are the only one playing two derbies. How brilliant it could be to win both but having been a Torquay fan for so long, you sense losing both is the more likely outcome for a Torquay fan. We just don't do things like that.
Just wondered what good form looked like?
TUST number 080
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'm going for a win, a clean sheet, beating the handicap, marquis FGS and marquis to score two or more goals!!

in other words a convincing home win, at long bloody last!! come on you yellows, put them to the sword!!

the only thing disappointing about this afternoon will be the crowd, sub 4000 again i think?
still keeping the faith
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Makeshift defence today. We're in trouble.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"