chris brass

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

chris brass

Post by ROADRUNNER »

chris brass set to sign as number two. next 48 hours.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Superb news if true! I feel really good for next season now.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
RN Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by RN Gull »

Gr8 news ! and Messr Taylor???
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

awesome news! the passion shown by the two of them is incomparable with the previous manager!
The gulls are going up
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

RN Gull wrote:Gr8 news ! and Messr Taylor???
Can we afford Taylor as well? I'd be happy with just Brass.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Fantastic news - think he adds massively to us.

As for Taylor - If we have to pay him off why not keep him for the year and let his contract expire. Could have him a defensive coach or something similar so that we get some value for the money we would have to pay him!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Or a role in the Youth Development set-up?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Or a role in the Youth Development set-up?
Good idea - I now it sounds harsh but might as well use the money so we see some sort of benefit from it. I think he is probably far better than he comes across on TV so could be well suited to a role such as this or defensive coach.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Superb news. I logged on to here today thinking that it had gone quiet on that so I'm really pleased he will hook up with AN again. Looking at the body language from the dug out towards the end of the season - it was pretty apparent Shaun Taylor had become a third wheel. I had thought it would be a shame to appoint Knill and continue with Taylor as his assistant - hopefully he can be moved elsewhere or shipped out altogether. I would prefer the latter as it will make it easier for the club to move on from the last set up, but we will wait and see.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Richinns wrote:Fantastic news - think he adds massively to us.

As for Taylor - If we have to pay him off why not keep him for the year and let his contract expire. Could have him a defensive coach or something similar so that we get some value for the money we would have to pay him!
Have to agree. Superb news on Brass as like others I was beginning to wonder whether it would happen. I really think they (Knill & Brass) compliment each other really well and it really is great to see the passion that they (especially Brass) show from the touchline.... something which was, quite frankly, almost non existent from Ling & Taylor. Nothing wrong with that of course, different management styles and all of that but personally I do like to see a bit of passion.

As for Shaun Taylor rather than just pay him off, like you say, could we not give him 12 months notice now that his position is "under review" and then use his services either as an extra coach with the first team or working with the kids which he has done quite extensively before at Bristol City and Exeter. Surely even Taylor could see the benefit of doing this as at least he would still working, rather than sat at home waiting for a phone call, and who knows, in 12 months time he may be seen as so valuable to the set up that they might even offer him a new deal.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

cambgull wrote:Superb news if true! I feel really good for next season now.
Confirmed here .....

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/story-1897 ... z2TFrGZChT :scarf:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Great news indeed, Knill and Brass work well together we can all see it, and it is often the case anew manager will want his own man, these things however do take time, even more so when your working off a tight budget.

As for keeping Taylor on some sort of 12 months notice on that I dissagree, we have some one were I work whos contract has just been terminated that person has been told they not only have to work out the 3 months notice period, must also keep a strong positive attitude through out, that person said to me, who are they trying to kid.

And that is why I dissagree, if your getting rid of someone whether football or what ever, think it's best all round if they just go.

Think with Shaun Taylor if there is room in the budget for a development coach he is your man some thing he has done to a high standard before, if not let him go.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

Taylor went on Friday.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

geezer wrote:Taylor went on Friday.
where?
scarborough fair?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

geezer wrote:Taylor went on Friday.
This is what I've heard as well.