York City v Torquay United - 24/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

York City v Torquay United - 24/11/12

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Just to let you know that although this is the matchday thread for York i have done the main article on the main forum page on wordpress. It is early because i've been trying to work out how to use the feckin wordy thingy for weeks and add photos an stuff so apologies. Louis has been giving me some guidance but it still probably looks like crap. Some photos haven't come out but i'm in the process of changing them. To be honest i prefer doing them on here without all that hassle but we'll see. Obviously use this thread to post comments about the York game.

Cheers all.

Admin Edit (SG)
Article can be found here: http://www.torquayfans.com/york-city-v- ... ed-241112/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

For some reason the second half of it won't let me put in any spaces between paragraphs / sections so it looks like one big block of text. Sorry!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Link the article Andy, I can't be arsed!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Click 'Back to Home Page' at the top of the forum you lazy git!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

stevegull wrote:Link the article Andy, I can't be arsed!
Love the honesty Steve! :clap: :rofl:

You're not Martin Ling are you? :S
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just found out that York don't now have a game on tuesday night now, like us their away game at Rochdale scheduled for then has been moved to the free FA cup weekend as they are both out of the cup.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Its not as if the York players will need time to rest if they did have a midweek match, it dont matter who they put out they arent going to be troubled by are starting 11.
Lucy
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

lucy6lucy wrote:Its not as if the York players will need time to rest if they did have a midweek match, it dont matter who they put out they arent going to be troubled by are starting 11.
I hate interweb based grammar Naziism, but this boils my piss. It's OUR, not fecking ARE, why would it be ARE? :whip:

Aside from that, I quite like the tone of the post, I'm pretty sure that if we play like we have been (and really, why wouldn't we?) York could field a team of 7 randomers picked from the crowd and still pinch a 1-0.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

It would be a shame if people missed Andy's effort for this match thread.

A tremendous amount of work has gone into this; thanks Andy!

http://www.torquayfans.com/york-city-v- ... ed-241112/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers for the kind words Steve, i didn't put a link in because i don't know how to otherwise i would have but thanks for doing it for me mate.
Oh and i've read your post about watching Torquay and not the Prem and it was a good read too.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

austrianandygull wrote:Cheers for the kind words Steve, i didn't put a link in because i don't know how to otherwise i would have but thanks for doing it for me mate.
Oh and i've read your post about watching Torquay and not the Prem and it was a good read too.
No way near the level of yours mate! Mine was a few mental ramblings that barely makes sense. Yours was a feat of effort and writing! I'm not sure you can keep that length of preview for every game!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

To be honest Steve, i'm not sure anyone would WANT to read that length of preview every game mate! I can assure you all that this York one will definately be the longest of all our away games this season. I naturally tend to write more on a place i have been to before or have a connection to as opposed to some places like Gillingham where i've never been in my life and know nothing about but generally from now on i'll try to keep it shortish. To be honest, of the teams left we have to play away there's only Cheltenham, Bradford and Burton i can write something about from personal experiences and some links/connections to. There are places i've also been to before to before but just the ground and immediate area surrounding it.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Song to be sung at York should Martin go 4-4-2, to the tune of the animals go in 2 by two / we've got the boy from up the road Benyon

Here goes:

The Torquay playing 4-4-2 HURRAH! HURRAH!
The Torquay playing 4-4-2 HALLE -LUJAH!
The Torquay boys go 4-4-2 and we didn't think he had a clue
But Martin Ling has stopped us from going insane!

Cheers for Gullscorer for giving me the idea on another thread. :-D

ALSO just found out that CLARKE CARLISLE has today (19th) gone back to Northampton Town on loan until january.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

From the BBC website.

In interview with York manager Gary Mills, he explains his rather odd decision to allow his entire back four and goalkeeper go on holiday for 10 days, despite having a game in League Two on Saturday against Torquay United.

"It's a perfectly simple decision, we've had a look at the video of the last couple of Torquay games and we feel that the best way to deal with them is to send all our defenders and goalkeepers away for a break before the tough away trip to Rochdale. We feel as a club that, given Torquay's style of playing with absolutely no attacking intent what-so-ever, that we can see out a comfortable 1-0 win without the need to have any defenders on the pitch. We did consider sending the whole first team away and simply playing out under 11s, but the FA said we couldn't do that. We're going to put three men on the pitch and for the couple of minutes that Torquay have the ball, they will all mark Rene Howe. As soon as Kevin Nicholson chips his one and only pass straight out of play for a throw in to us, we'll move our three men up front and bamboozle the Torquay back line with some pedestrian, schoolboy level movement and passing, that should see us home to the three points."

Cheeky bar steward!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Is it likely to be on any northern gulls? Travelling up tomorrow but would be a bit miffed if its off!