West Country Football

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ytfc117
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: None

West Country Football

Post by ytfc117 »

Hi, I'm from http://www.westcountry-football.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , and im looking for a writer or writers to do articles for TUFC. Must be passionate, have decent knowledge, and be able to post multiple articles per week.
At WCF we envisage all the west country clubs news and opinion coming together in one place, not without the rivalry but so every one can keep one eye on the noisy neigbours! if you are interested, mail me at [email protected]
ytfc117
Trialist
Trialist

Post by ytfc117 »

Still on the lookout!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Depends what you're offering in return...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

OOOOOOOOEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :Oops: ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ytfc117
Trialist
Trialist

Post by ytfc117 »

In response to ferrarilover: All we can offer is a platform to have your things read by thousands of other people. We cant really offer you anything else
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

ytfc117 wrote:In response to ferrarilover: All we can offer is a platform to have your things read by thousands of other people. We cant really offer you anything else
If he wanted to do that he could just create a thread on here labelled "Helen Chamberlain gets her rat out".
ytfc117
Trialist
Trialist

Post by ytfc117 »

In all seriousness, Torquay is the only club we havent sourced a writer for yet.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

That's because none of us lot can write properly. In actual fact there's only Matt that can use the English language to full effect but he wants you to do things in return for the gift of his literary expertise! If i were you ytfc117 i'd give that option a miss. He had/has an orange car for pete's sake! :lol:

Seriously though ytfc117, i'd give it a go but haven't got the time or committment to do so but i hope you get someone who can do our club justice. Brucie will do it if you ask him nicely.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I'd happily have a go ytfc117, but I don't think I'll have enough time to do what is required. Have you tried the other forum? http://torquayfansforum.com/index.cgi
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I agree with Danny. For what you appear to be asking for I think it'd be hard for many of us to contribute enough time towards this project without a more tangible reward for us at the end of it.

I'd love to do it, but not sure if I'd have the time to take on the workload of doing a few articles a week. I am interested, but I'd probably need more details on what kind of workload I'd be taking on?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Nothing to do with this thread but also relevant, is the unselfish dedication of the red, green and orange members of this forum who give freely of their time to keep all members informed and entertained.

:bow:

With regard to entertainment, sometimes they succeed. :lol:

:clap: :bow: :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

In all seriousness. I would have like to do this but for your insistance on multiple articles every week. We all have jobs and I run my own business which entails more hours than you can imagine.
To do what your asking would entail many hours every week, and it's just too costly for most of us to take on. without some form of compensation.
The problem with the internet is there are just too many sites competing with each other doing much the same as each other and hoping people can give of their time for free. If the owner of the site makes nothing it helps other look on in a good light but even then there are constraints on time.
A team of us could possibly do it but there by hangs a problem. What if we say yes and the others contribute for a few weeks and then it all drops off. That leaves the one who takes on the main responsibilty all on his own. It's a bit much.
Even Ferarri will have a job to cope with all this. Even if we forgive him for driving that Awfull Orange heap and wearing orange t shirts and orange laces etc. I bet his toilet paper is orange as well. (which we won't ever!!!)
Last edited by Glostergull on 09 Aug 2012, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

As the best poster on here, I'll consider it.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

royalgull wrote:As the best poster on here, I'll consider it.
And the most modest. ;-)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

i'm only saying what we're all thinking!