Bobby to Peterborough?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Bobby to Peterborough?

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Did anybody else know of the possible link that the Herald Express is alluding to today?

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Gazza ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Surprised me a bit. I fancy him to stay though, but does anyone think anything will come from this, or do we think that it'll be Gazzaniga (Gillingham) going there instead (as Dave Thomas seems to believe)?
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The thing is sooner rather than later Bobby.o will move on, rather it be later to a much better club that Peterbrough though.

We are lucky to have him, he is far to good for league 2 and would not want our club to stand in his way, will wish him well if and when he goes.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

There's no way a player with Bobby's intelligence and ambition would even dream of going to a club like Peterborough, having already come to Torquay. It would be a step sideways..
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

having spoken to people who know bobby well, i dont think he will be going there, he is in no hurry to go anywhere at the moment.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Another season like the last with us will benefit both him and the club. So fingers crossed he is not tempted away. It is nice to hear he's in no rush to move on.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

if Peterborough had any sense they'd try and buy Olejnik but I reckon he'll still be here next year. Gut feeling.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

Bobby and Eunan to Peterborough for a combined £750,000?????

I've heard this, and I've heard much crazier stories. 'boro are rebuilding, and both fit their footballing philisophy.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

If we get £750,000 for both Bobby and Eunan then i give up with football. Why do we ALWAYS get done over with transfer fees?!!!!!! :@
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

We wont get as much as we should do with Bobby or Eunan garentee that. For example we should of got ALOT more than we should of for Jamie Ward when he went to Chesterfield.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

austrianandygull wrote:If we get £750,000 for both Bobby and Eunan then i give up with football. Why do we ALWAYS get done over with transfer fees?!!!!!! :@

I'd rip their hands off for that figure, realistically it would be more like half of that if we were lucky.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

AlexGulls wrote:We wont get as much as we should do with Bobby or Eunan garentee that. For example we should of got ALOT more than we should of for Jamie Ward when he went to Chesterfield.
To be fair though, that was Ro*erts. Who needed that money to cover his own back.

I do agree that we won't get anywhere near as much.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

NickGull wrote: To be fair though, that was Ro*erts. Who needed that money to cover his own back.

I do agree that we won't get anywhere near as much.
Aye I do agree. But it just seems to be that whoever the chairman is we always seem to sell abit cheap, If we dont have to sell (Which I'm sure Ling has said in the past we dont) then we should get silly money for them like everyone else around us seems to do.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

austrianandygull wrote:If we get £750,000 for both Bobby and Eunan then i give up with football. Why do we ALWAYS get done over with transfer fees?!!!!!! :@
I think I'd be pretty damn happy with £750k. There's no way in hell we'd be able to get a better deal than that. I mean, there's talk on other threads that Eunan alone might be £175k.
If Peterborough come in waving a cheque that big, I'd rip their hands off. Frankly, given our apparently cluelessness in valuations and negotiation, squeezing half a mill for the pair would be ok with me.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

If peterborough are offering £750,000 for the pair, I will get in my car drive to london road drop them off and pick up the cheque, and their will no charge for my service's.
Formerly known as forevertufc