Eunan to Swindon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Eunan to Swindon

Post by drummergull90 »

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/jump? ... 7736273%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky tend to be pretty reliable on these things. Gutted if true.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Is it 1st April? Why can't people leave it until after the freakin playoffs!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Doubtful, in my opinion. Would rather he went somewhere where he's guaranteed games, than part of Di Canios circus where players play a game then get dropped for 3..
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What part of the Rumour Talk board do you think confused the OP?

Eunan isn't bloody stupid, the last place he'll go is anywhere that bloody lunatic Di Canio is involved. He knows Championship clubs will be courting him, and he'll wait 'til the right move comes along.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Di Canio aside it wouldn't be an awful move for him. Moving up one division he would easily make the step up and he'd surely be pretty much guarenteed to play a lot of football, which would be a bigger risk in the Championship. Swindon are massive payers too, their wage bill this year was 3.4 million pounds (about 4 times ours), so both Torquay and Eunan could do well financially out of the deal.

The best situation would be for him to stay another 12 months, but if he has outgrown us then the first priority should be getting the highest transfer fee for the club.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
oliemarles
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by oliemarles »

I think we should leave this until after the play-offs.
Procrastination is what built this world today! Sorry, I'm dribbling on...
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

£200,000 release clause? Are they kidding?! Gutted if that is true.

If we don't go up via the play-offs then I think a few might jump ship, including Eunan and Ellis. I do think that Eunan should go to a Championship club though, and I do think he has it in him to make that move.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not sure Eunan is fussed about cash. He's the highest earner at the club already, and who really needs more than £60,000 anyway?
Take a look at Le Fondre, bided his time, waited for the right move, to the right club, he's in the Premier League now. We see dozens of players a year who chase the dream (and the money) and take the first offer they get, with stars in their eyes, dreaming of glory. Lo and behold, 12 months later, they're back where they started, of not below. Check out Branston, £3000/week, can't buy a game, hates life, wants to kill himself. All those who chased the money to Rovers. Stanners certain to be released, would have been a Torquay legend, Bevan, I have it on good authority, detests Rovers, Carayol at Lincoln, Benyon to Swindon, even Robbo at Preston. The only one who I can think has really made a go of it is Jamie Ward.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

I agree. We need to concentrate on the play-offs as we dont want another 'Buckle situation'. Eunan is pretty switched on and will only make a move if he feels it is for the right reasons.

But, during the long queue to use the 1950's toilets at half-time yesterday when we were 3-0 down with some annoyance in the air......there was 'chat' going on between fans that O'Kane is off to Swindon for some cash + Bodin and Ling will replace Di Canio if he flips again and walks out.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm not sure Eunan is fussed about cash. He's the highest earner at the club already, and who really needs more than £60,000 anyway?
Take a look at Le Fondre, bided his time, waited for the right move, to the right club, he's in the Premier League now. We see dozens of players a year who chase the dream (and the money) and take the first offer they get, with stars in their eyes, dreaming of glory. Lo and behold, 12 months later, they're back where they started, of not below. Check out Branston, £3000/week, can't buy a game, hates life, wants to kill himself. All those who chased the money to Rovers. Stanners certain to be released, would have been a Torquay legend, Bevan, I have it on good authority, detests Rovers, Carayol at Lincoln, Benyon to Swindon, even Robbo at Preston. The only one who I can think has really made a go of it is Jamie Ward.

Matt.
A very, very good point. I seem to remember something like that happening with Stuart Fleetwood as well. He started banging them in at Forest Green and then jumped ship to Charlton and failed to make an appearance might be wrong, not sure). And now, he's ended up playing under Buckle back in Non-league.

In fairness to Eunan, i'm not sure he fits into this category. He has bided his time already and publically said in January that he was fine here but an offer from a Championship club would be 'hard to turn down', which is fair.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm not sure Eunan is fussed about cash. He's the highest earner at the club already, and who really needs more than £60,000 anyway?

Matt.
The one player who always comes to my mind when I hear about a once brilliant talent who moved too far and too fast would be David Graham. If we'd had him in League 1 back in 2004/05 I reckon we would have stayed up, but he went to Wigan and and then began a game of snakes and ladders down the football pyramid. Now look where he is.

http://www.sheffieldfc.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Cash plus Bodin would actually be pretty good for us to be fair. You lose a quality player, but you at least get one in too. As we've found since January it's not a simple job to find a player of Bodin's quality to bring to Plainmoor.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

And two weeks ago Eunan to Reading was a done deal, heard Peterboro are looking to splash some cash in the summer so no doubt very soon Eunan to Peterboro will be a done deal, and a week later it wil be Eunan to somewhere else done deal.

And if he stays just like the last transfer window, it will be Eunan to here, there, and everwhere done deal, as said Eunan is a smart lad, and when the time comes he will make the right move, and it's only right that our club does not stand in his way.

Don't see this as a problem, Martin Ling was known for bringing young players through at Orient, and part of me wonders having seen him play, and read reports from others, that our club in Nathan Craig may have the next O'Kane already here.

Bodin plus cash is a good shout, also Eunan's form over these last few weeks to me, may highlight that the Championship is a step to far at the moment, league 1 is to me the next step.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I wouldn't like to see him go to Swindon because I don't think Di Canio deserves him.

Eunan seems fairly grounded, if he is to go anywhere (which he will at some stage), he will only do it when he thinks it's a good move. If it's now then so be it, but I'd of course be gutted.

Why do we always get these things come up right in the middle of Playoffs?
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Not disputing it would be good business, but ffs. What is it with this club and things like this getting leaked before our season is over?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.