Colin Lee back in football ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
CP Gull

Colin Lee back in football ...

Post by CP Gull »

... as first team coach at Notts County! :O

County rather surprisingly recently sacked Martin Allen and have chosen to replace him with our former Manager Keith Curle, who in turn has chosen Colin Lee as part of his backroom team - in a reversal of the roles they held here where Lee was very much Curle's boss. A rather surprising appointment if you ask me - it will be interesting to see how well they do over the coming weeks and months as it's fair to say I think, that Curle's appointment (and Allen's sacking come to that) has not generally been that well received at NCFC.

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/page/New ... 21,00.html

A bit surprised that Lee has deceided to pull a tracksuit on again after having been out of that side of the game for a good few years - although he did get "involved" on a few occasions during his time as CEO here I believe. I mean it's not as though he needs the money ..... :@
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

It's probably quite simple to take a coaching job when you know you've got £100k on it's way from your old club who sacked you because you weren't that good.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Surprised at the Colin Lee link as well, unless KC sees CL as being 'valuable' with his £100k.....if only Curlie knew that Mr Lee has already spent it all on bad suits.

Good luck to Keith Curle from me - he's a nice chap.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

His petrol bill should be worth a few quid :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:His petrol bill should be worth a few quid :rofl:

thought you would be helping CL out with that dave............ 8/ =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Perhaps he has been employed to mentor Lee Hughes on an ethical approach to football related matters, or could that be the other way around? :devil:
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Always remember going to Morecambe and talking to 3 or 4 Torquay fans outside the ground (some of whom ue this forum) Colin Lee and Mrs Colin Lee arrive at the ground, parks his flash car in the virtually empty car park and walks past this small group of Torquay fans without even acknowledging us.

He lost a lot of respect that day, but more so after an almost identical situation at Grimsby....once is careless, twice well....most were pleased to see him go because he seemed to be not very good for his salary.....I was pleased to see him go because of his attitude
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

MidDevon wrote:Always remember going to Morecambe and talking to 3 or 4 Torquay fans outside the ground (some of whom ue this forum) Colin Lee and Mrs Colin Lee arrive at the ground, parks his flash car in the virtually empty car park and walks past this small group of Torquay fans without even acknowledging us.

He lost a lot of respect that day, but more so after an almost identical situation at Grimsby....once is careless, twice well....most were pleased to see him go because he seemed to be not very good for his salary.....I was pleased to see him go because of his attitude
And without him bailing out Buckle with tactical advice and taking over training when Buckle went off on one we most likely would still be in the Conference! People need to find out the facts before opening fire, yes he was on too much money but with out him restructuring the club from inside out and doing lots of other things you don`t see from the outside then we wouldn`t be where we are!
Might be an idea to put the pitch-forks and torches away until all is known! Just sayin`!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Rose tinted views on Colin Lee there Aussie...............
Dave

Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Southampton Gull wrote:Rose tinted views on Colin Lee there Aussie...............
Not really mate, I saw from the inside of the club what was going on and I also remember "The Battle Of Underhill"! He got Buckle in and guided him and us to League 2! And if I was being truely rose tinted then I wouldn`t have mentioned that I thought he was paid too much! Just being honest, honest!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I've always been happy to credit Colin Lee for the good things he brings to a football club, unfortunately in my opinion the bad far outweighs the good. He was just as much to blame as Buckle for the way their relationship worked out and he was probably a lot more culpable when it came to how he treated the Directors at the Club. Colin Lee is all about Colin Lee, if the club suffers as a result it's of no consequence to him, good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

In truth we probably aren't a big enough club to get the best out of someone like him and I think the Directors weren't strong enough to deal with his faults.
Dave

kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

I hate Colin Lee for blackmailing Alex Rowe into retirement ..the b*******d.....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I hate those blocking his return.............................................
Dave

kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

spill the beans Mr SG...name names ....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin