More Dis-array at Plymouth

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

More Dis-array at Plymouth

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Yes, I know this is the Torquay site and I've been a supporter for 30+ long seasons through good, bad and really bad times, what is happening at Plymouth is sad for the WestCountry - who wants Exeter to have the bragging rights to the area but also makes me glad that we have the board we have.

Another 'signing' of theirs - Eldin has walked away for 'personal reasons' - apparently he wanted paying each month!

The season's nearly upon us, more numbers needed for PSF tomorrow and get right behind the team, manager and board!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

He didn't actually sign though, he verbally agreed and thought about it overnight- deciding to make a U turn.

Different from the Dickinson saga.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I don't think this forum is just for "Torquay FC". It has always been an open forum for any discussions about football.

Even though I would appreciate Exeter not having any bragging rights, I just hope Plymouth get things sorted just for them being a football club. No matter how much you despise a club, you never want to see them go under like that. I remember when Portsmouth were on the verges of folding and most of the Saints fans celebrating, it took a couple of wise Saints fans (if it is possible to have a wise Saints fan) to get the message out that without Portsmouth there is no Hampshire derby for them (excluding a possible cup tie with Grimshot).

They now have their league derby games back and we will most likely see a blood fest over the home and away leg.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Things certainly don't look good for Argyle at the moment. To have one player sign and then decide he doesn't want to be there is bad, but to have another verbally agree and then make a U-Turn is beyond bad. The message it sends out to other players they're looking to get in can't be good. Anybody they're after who has more than one option is surely going to think long and hard about whether making the move to Plymouth. Of course it could be completely coincidental, and they do have 'personal reasons' for not going beyond the clubs control, but its doubtful. Fingers crossed for them Jake Cole doesn't change his mind.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

To be honest Elding has done them a favour. Absolute litter (non)signing.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

And i thought we were a shambles. There is a picture on the front page of todays WMN of Plymouth god and saviour "honest" Peter Risdale attending court to answer fraud charges. And he is buying or leasing the club form Heaney who apparently tried to buy the club in his Russian girlfriends name earlier in the year.
Its astonishing that Peter Reid hasn't buggered off by now.
I've always had a soft spot for Plymouth though. Can't stomach the club or their inbred supporters and I would happily see them liquidated.
claw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by claw »

brucie wrote:And i thought we were a shambles. There is a picture on the front page of todays WMN of Plymouth god and saviour "honest" Peter Risdale attending court to answer fraud charges. And he is buying or leasing the club form Heaney who apparently tried to buy the club in his Russian girlfriends name earlier in the year.
Its astonishing that Peter Reid hasn't buggered off by now.
I've always had a soft spot for Plymouth though. Can't stomach the club or their inbred supporters and I would happily see them liquidated.

Bit of a harsh post there Brucie....Surely you know what happens first hand when a prat is able to take control of a club and almost destory it....Chris Roberts rings a bell. I
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Sorry Brucie, wouldn't want any team to go bust in the South West and make us even more of an outpost for loanees and possible signings. Wouldn't even wish that on Excretia, flounder down below us struggling to sign players YES most definately, but not to go bust!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

Much as I have difficulty smothering a grin when reading about their latest trials and tribulations, Devon as a whole will be worse off if we go down to 2 professional teams.
Arse! Drink!
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

For the last 8 seasons, the team finishing 24th in L2 has had significant problems behind the scenes and I can't recall any standout struggler's from the 2002/03 season - which may explain why this trend started in the 03/04 season with York, followed by Cambridge, Rushden, Ourselves, Wrexham, Luton, Darlington and Stockport

At the moment, only 2 teams fit that criteria - Southend and Plymouth.

I can't see Southend finishing bottom personally, so that just leaves Plymouth.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I feel very sorry for the Argyle fans. Despite local rivalry, I wouldn't wish this on them. Some of the characters involved in all this shenanigans make Sepp Blatter look like Aled Jones.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Ye Gods and little fishes. I now have the vision of Sepp Blatter hosting Songs of Praise lol
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

There has always been something inherently nasty about Plymouth and their fanbase. The arrogant way they have 'lorded' it over us and Exeter. I think, in general, Exeter fans have a degree more realism about their status whereas Plymouth fans still think they should be 'Premiership-in-waiting'. To play us, is 'beneath' them and I think it is quite apt that they are struggling. I would hate to see them rip off all their creditors in the way that they have, regroup and eventually get promoted again and you can imagine the unsightly bragging that would occur.

To be honest, if a club was going to go bust, I cannot think of a more deserving club and fanbase.

As for this nonsense that it would somehow bad for TUFC, if they did, people said this when Exeter were relegated to the conference. The very next season we got promoted. Our eventual demise was nothing to do with ECFC's demise and it had everything to do with how our club was run, same as it would now.

In fact, surely we could only benefit if there was no PAFC, as we are the next nearest club for their fairweathers to follow.

Not necessarily saying I want them to fold but if I am honest, I would rather see that, than them be able to cheat their way back into contention by not paying their debts.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Bit harsh Hector. I agree that many Argyle fans have deluded "big club" syndrome and that it would be very wrong to allow them to cheat their way to promotion by not paying their debts. However, they were punished last season for the debt issue, and if this happens again this season then Blue Square or worse awaits them. I don't think it would be bad for TUFC if Argyle went to the wall, but it would be sad for their genuine fans. I remember some great local derbies against Argyle, and I look forward to us taking them apart this season.

The only club that I would genuinely be happy to see go to the wall is MK Dons, who stole another team from their fans.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Argyle have a ridiculous amount of glory hunter fans, it's funny how there are quite a few people who have no interest in Argyle anymore around Ivybridge (my old town). They are the people who don't deserve to have a club and I make sure they feel like sh*t everytime they try and mock me for being a Torquay fan. I usually remind them about me being a mascot for Argyle when I was a kid and we had a box there, merely proving the point that I'm more of an Argyle fan than they are!

They have idiots for fans, idiots for owners and the new prospective owners seem to be idiots too. The only people who don't deserve to lose the club are the 4,000 or so fans who used to turn up in the 90's every week, since then the stadium is filled with fairweather fans who pretend not to be fans at a bad time.

Unfortunately, this means there is a distinct minority who I actually feel sorry for at that club and I would not feel remotely sad if the club goes under. Hopefully it'll be a lesson learnt for the footballing world.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"