Darren Byfield

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Darren Byfield

Post by Warwickgull »

Just a rumour from a mate of a mate who is a big Walsall fan and buddies with a couple of x Walsall players, he told me on Saturday but I didn't believe him so didn't put it on here. Noticed today that same rumour has also been put on a transfer rumour site so make your own mind up.

Would be fairly impressed I must say if this one turns out. 8-] :goal:
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

No disrespect to you Warwickgull - but I very very much doubt it!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Warwickgull »

Well my mate has now had a fiver on it with me so we will see, he obviously thinks there is something in it.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Will be 35 in Sept.Too old? I am not keen on aging strikers. Would love him to prove me wrong!
crazyfool
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek 'The Dude'

Post by crazyfool »

Do we get Jamelia as half-time entertainment in a 2 for 1 deal??
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

bring him on, it'd be a great foil for a few young pacy strikers, and billy kee too of course!
still keeping the faith
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Like others have said, he will be 35 in a few months time and has just been released by Walsall who only just escaped relegation from L1 last season. So, maybe not such an unrealistic target as I would have thought he is most likely to be plying his trade in L2 next season at this stage of his career. One possibility is that he (Byfield) may have been recommended to Ling (although clearly he would know a fair bit about him anyway I would imagine!) by Walsall boss Dean Smith - who was of course Ling's Assistant for many years at Leyton Orient.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Warwickgull »

According to Byfields Twitter sounds like he has signed for us, and is fairly happy with the deal.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Warwickgull wrote:According to Byfields Twitter sounds like he has signed for us, and is fairly happy with the deal.
He said he was happy with the offer of a taxi down, a pepperami and a twix, don't think that was serious as if you look a few down he has said he has heard nothing.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Warwickgull »

I dont know twitter but just checked again and that tweet has been removed. (I think!)

When I checked it he did say TORQUAY in his tweet.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Warwickgull wrote:According to Byfields Twitter sounds like he has signed for us, and is fairly happy with the deal.

Link please?
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Warwickgull »

Yellow4life wrote:
Link please?
At the risk of sounding like a bullsh***ng idiot, or more of one, I may as well keep digging this hole im in. From what I read on Byfields twitter he tweeted a friend/fellow player telling him to come and join him at TORQUAY. Yes his tweet did include the word Torquay. Im no twitter expert but as far as I can tell this Tweet was then removed from his page some minutes later.

I predict it will be on the O/S soon/wednesday.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

What's left on his twitter says otherwise. He told a fan he's heard nothing from Torquay. That was an hour ago.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Wild speculation at this stage, if however we were to sign him I would have mixed feelings. Decent pedigree and has played at a reasonable level but as has been mentioned is nearly 35 and played for a struggling Walsall side last year. Don't think he's the type of player we would have seen under PB - as he may not necessarily have the right kind of personality although I don't know enough about his background so hard to comment.

I'll be glad when we do actually get some players on board so we can discuss their merits when we know they'll definitely be playing for us! Sounds like the assistant may take a while but hopefully we will know the identities of the 2 players Ling has been talking to soon. Certainly if someone like Hargreaves had been given the job and we'd still not signed anyone I would be starting to have my concerns! News soon please!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'd be happy if we signed Byfield personally. Always seemed to have a decent scoring record.