Charlie Ademeno

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Charlie Ademeno

Post by hector »

The great hope we had when courting him last year looks like we may have been saved by the fax machine. Grimsby have chucked him out.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/jump? ... no-3647%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Saw the thread, thought it was going to be a plea to sign him....

...thank God for Hector!
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I doubt it, the fantastic man manager that is Paul Buckle would've got the best out of him..
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

You know, I'm going to disagree with some of the point on here.

What I can't disagree with is that he had an awful season last season - injury hit and in an underachieving team. But this is still the guy who tore us apart for Salisbury in the BSP promotion season, still the guy who had a 5 minute hat-trick for Crawley and still the guy who was interesting Swindon and Millwall as well as us.

I'm also guessing the Milton would have been involved in the scouting of him so there may well be some knowledge of him.

We've got to face some facts - our budget is going to be cut for next season and we aren't going to be able to bring in an abundance of quality. Ademeno is a player who once was willing to move down to Torquay, who's stock is at an all time low. For me, this represents the sort of cut-price gamble we may be forced to take and may or may not pay off.

For a player once so highly rated, surely the offer of a pre-season trial might be worth a go?
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

We could do worse. (Gritton)
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Or even a Senda style 'prove yourself' contract, Jeff?
Injuries don't make him a bad player, they make him unfortunate. Perhaps Davey could restore him to something resembling his former self.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I do agree with Jeff. In professional sport all players have highs and lows. Well worth a look.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

I think that Evans stitched Grimsby up & Charlie was signed with outstanding injuries, they were apparently daft enough to sign him without a proper medical. The Grimsby Chairman has almost admited it.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Worth a pre-season trial at least.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

wodger of awabia wrote:I think that Evans stitched Grimsby up & Charlie was signed with outstanding injuries, they were apparently daft enough to sign him without a proper medical. The Grimsby Chairman has almost admited it.
are you suggesting Evans is not totally honest ?!?!? :whistle:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

regiment wrote: are you suggesting Evans is not totally honest ?!?!? :whistle:
I don't believe a word of it. Fat boy Evans would never do something so underhand, sneaky, dishonest....
:)