The fans!!!!....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

The fans!!!!....

Post by tufc si »

I'm a proud Gull living in Milton Keynes so have been back from the Shrews game a few hours now, straight out on the razz to celebrate haha!!! I'm guessing that the majority (that live in Devon!) wont be back yet though!!

Can't put in to words how proud I was watching our boys tonight and honestly believe the crowd made one heck of a difference!! Didnt stop singing for the whole 90 mins, the stand we were in was litteraly bouncing, was bloody fantastic!!

Would also like to thank the few Shrews fans that came up to our stand at the end to congratulate us as well, was just a shame that there was so many more goading us at the end rather than accepting defeat graciously!!

Off to OT we now go so expecting a decent crowd and a lot of sing-songs all over again, UP THE GULLS!!
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

That's what makes following the gulls away from home so special. Imagine Old Trafford if we sell our 20,000 allocation?? it'l be amazing!!! My problem will be getting a ticket up to my hotel in Windermere so I can come down next Saturday, from hols, and see the game as I am off up the road tomorrow.

You are in MK, not far away from me, only 40 minutes or so as the missus loves the shopping at MK!!! (I don't!) :clap:
Oblivion!!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The crowd sounded brilliant on the TV - all you could hear most of the game was "YELLOW ARMY"

One shot that will stick in my mind was when we won a throw in and Mansell was about to take it. The camera had the shot of Manse in the foreground and all you could see behind him was a stand full of yellow literally bouncing up and down....well done to all who went - can't wait till Saturday!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
roverstilidie

Post by roverstilidie »

Great support from your fans last night. Non stop singing!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Oh my days. That was up there with Southend and Wembley for one of the best days I've had supporting Torquay. Absolutely wonderful.

Got about 20 texts from people saying I'd been seen on Sky about 10 times. Magical, magical night.

Unbelievable atmosphere, the second half was absolutely phenomenal. It's a shame it won't be like that at OT as everyone will be spread out.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

oxgull wrote: You are in MK, not far away from me, only 40 minutes or so as the missus loves the shopping at MK!!! (I don't!) :clap:
Yeah shopping down here is awsome, shame the sport shops dont stock Gulls stuff though haha!!
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

NickGull wrote:Oh my days. That was up there with Southend and Wembley for one of the best days I've had supporting Torquay. Absolutely wonderful.

Got about 20 texts from people saying I'd been seen on Sky about 10 times. Magical, magical night.

Unbelievable atmosphere, the second half was absolutely phenomenal. It's a shame it won't be like that at OT as everyone will be spread out.
Was fantastic atmos, best Torquay game I can remember for a long time!! I really do think we made a slight difference, especially at the end when we were chasing the ball, reckon just egged on the players to keep going!!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

tufc si wrote: Yeah shopping down here is awsome, shame the sport shops dont stock Gulls stuff though haha!!
I like MK for shopping. Hate driving into the town centre though, it's rarely busy on the roads which is great, but the roundabouts are just frustrating!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
SalopFan
Trialist
Trialist

Post by SalopFan »

Salop fan in peace,

Congratulations on reaching Old Trafford you looked like you wanted it more than us over the two legs!
Boths sets of fans were brilliant and did our clubs proud although we do have our odd idiot who chose to abuse you at the end where as most of us clapped you out of the ground.

Just a question, what was the song you kept singing towards the end of the game where you sing a few lines then start bouncing and waving your scarves about etc. It was class!
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by tufctillidie »

SalopFan wrote:Salop fan in peace,

Congratulations on reaching Old Trafford you looked like you wanted it more than us over the two legs!
Boths sets of fans were brilliant and did our clubs proud although we do have our odd idiot who chose to abuse you at the end where as most of us clapped you out of the ground.

Just a question, what was the song you kept singing towards the end of the game where you sing a few lines then start bouncing and waving your scarves about etc. It was class!
Thanks for thar :) I must admit you didn't seem to want the win :) it's a chant that was started by a club called st.Pauli (some one correct me if I'm wrong) most clubs have inherited it now
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Think it was this one: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I may be wrong though

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

Sund to great effect by Peterborough this week as well. Very generic now.
:( Tommy :)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Some better footage here.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

tommygull wrote:Sund to great effect by Peterborough this week as well. Very generic now.
Generic or not, it's absolutely brilliant and works perfectly for getting the crowd going.
I do think though, that we should start it every time in the same manner as St Pauli, with the hands in the air and one guy dictating when we start.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

ferrarilover wrote: Generic or not, it's absolutely brilliant and works perfectly for getting the crowd going.
I do think though, that we should start it every time in the same manner as St Pauli, with the hands in the air and one guy dictating when we start.

Matt.
By far my favourite chant I've ever heard at a footy ground, was mad and we were doing it for ages!!! Just a lively upbeat chant!!