Loan to permanent

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Loan to permanent

Post by Richinns »

We currently have a great deal of talent at the club by the good work done through the loan system. Unfortunately these players currently are not contracted to TUFC. My question is - of the current loans we have - who do you really want to become permanent.

For me Robinson and Stanley are massively important to get contacted to the club - to the point where I really hope we are some where down the line with this. (Pre nupt in place as they are both out of contract in the summer - wishful thinking probably!).

I really would also like to see Oastler stay as he is a very tidy player and a great asset as this level.

After Saturday signing up Pringle, Tomlin and Murray would also be excellent additions - although It is very early days for these guys and probably too soon to judge.

Currently - the calibre of players at TUFC is (in my opinion) far higher than we have had for a very long time and if we could get (some if not all) of these loans tied to the club permanently then the future is going to be extremely exciting for the club.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I doubt Murray will stay on, he's not far off a first team place at Ipswich from what I've been told, so may not be willing to drop down two divisions permanently. Tomlin had a good start but it's still too soon to say. Stanley and Robinson I would love to stay.
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

although a very nice idea just I worry about the playing budget for next season as we are very close to what we can afford now and that is probally with some of the clubs loaning the players helping with wages, so with that in mind we may only end up with 1 of them unless they take a cut in wages for a first team slot.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Doubt theres much chance of keeping Murray.

Robinson and Stanley would be excellent, been dead impressed with Stanley!

Didn't get to see Tomlin but from what I've heard/read he did well. Doubt Oastler will stay, to be honest. Probably go to a L1 team. Pringle I doubt, also.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

If we can only have one, it has to be Stanners. As good as Robinson is, his flair is a delight to watch and he is unndoubetedly a quality player, Stanley does so much for the team. He alone can transform the fortunes of the side and, while perhaps not as easy on the eye or headlineworthy as Robbo, he is of almost infinite value to us in the engine room fo the team.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Does not sound like Robinson is looking at us in the longer term by this.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 65,00.html

Shame if he does not sign for us - finger crossed!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well now, this is markedly different to what was reported in commentary on the Football League show on Sunday morning. The commo for our game quoted Robinson as saying he "saw his future at Shrewsbury".

Now, I'll accept, the commentator may have been talking out of his arse and making it up, or it may be a misquote or a million other things, but if that is what he said then and the above is what he says now, it would seem that he is no longer as set on a Shrews return as he was 36 hours ago.

I wonder how he will cope, going back to a club where the fans don't like him (I think we see a different Jake to the one the Shrews do, they are scathing about him on their board), the manager let him go out on loan to a realistic rival for the playoffs despite a good start to the season, showed him so little respect as to allow him to play in the fixture against them, got a terrible reception from the Shrews fans when his name was announced (as if he chose to play, as if he chose to leave them). Further, how on earth is he supposed to share a dressing room with Granderson (sp) after 'that' tackle?

It is my view that he will play for neither of us come September. The Shrews clearly do not rate or want him anywhere near as much as he does them and I'm not convinced we will have the budget to pay his salary. Considering he is on a free, I can see those **** from Gatwick picking him up, paying him a grand a week and letting him partner Tubbs up front.

On the plus side, I think we will get Stanners, and he and Joke seem to be pretty good mates already, judging by Robbo's tweets, they're always hanging out together and stuff, bit of a bromance forming.

Anyway, time will tell, as I have said, If we can only have one, it's Stanners, but if we can have two, it's Stanners and Robbo.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'm quite hopeful about getting both, Stanley seems like a must buy and I think Robinson is keeping his options open to see if a L1 club pick him up. If we get promoted, I think he'll definitely stay with us. If not, I think he'll probably go for a L1 club and then finally whoever in L2 pays him most. It'll probably take some Buckle sweet talking to keep him here if we stay in L2 next season.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

I think we should try to keep all of them, but we wont get all of them, our most realistic targets are Stanley, Oastler, and Tomlin. However I feel Robinson and Pringle are probably available for the right price. Murray is out of the question I think. With the main 3 up there signed, that to me is good reading for a promotion push next season, or a well prepared squad for a league 1 relegation battle? All these loan signings look very good, and get this team playing consistently well, theres no reason why we cant go up THIS season.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

With both Stanley and Robinson out of contract in the summer,the fact there parent clubs were happy for them to go out on loan to another league 2 club in the final third of the season would suggest that both are not going to offered new contracts with Morecambe and Shrewsbury,these two along with Oastler are the most likey out of the loanees,that our club has a chance of signing,with Q.P.R on there way to the premiership cant see Oastler being one for there future at that level.

Doogull makes a very good point about our club's budget what are these player's currently earning,and could we afford to offer them the sort of contract that would tempt any of these players to join permanently,in the case of Robinson and Stanley i do believe they are here on loan with a view to signing on with the club,and i do not think the club would have brought them in if there wages were out of our reach.

Who should be top of Paul Buckle's shopping list ?,with out a doubt Stanley,in my opinion,he is about as a complete lower league midfielder as your going get with in our price range,Fantastic work ethic on the pitch,tracks back,drives the midfield forward,allways looking for the ball,regardless if he is closed down,or in space,and never flustered on the ball,8 times out 10 seems to do something positive when on the ball,he is must for me.

Robinson dont get me wrong would love to see this lad stay on with us,has pace to burn and more than a fair bit of skill,but there seems to be a recurring pattern in his career,started out like a house on fire for both brighton and Shrewsbury,only for things to tail off and go flat,leading to him be moved on from Brighton,and it appears to be happening again at Shrewsbury,we are no doubt seeing the best of Jake Robinson ,however if he stayed would the same thing happen here?

Oatler is a tidy player would happy to see him stay,Tomlin to early and he has a long term contract with the Dagger's do not think he will be avalible even if we want him,Murray,pringle no chance,they have future's at a higher level.
Formerly known as forevertufc
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

I would hope that next years playing budget might well be an increase on this year , for no other reason than if we don't go up the then geographical make up of the division will be changed, with the likelyhood of 3 west of england clubs comming down (Plymouth, Swindon and Bristol/Yeovil ) , plus the two up from the conference (Crawley, Luton or Wimbledon?) making bigger gates, derby matches and less travel expenses. If we do go up , well speaks for its self , "bigger" teams, derbys etc

Having said that I think Stanley is a must keep, Ostler as well, I think Buckle has the team playing in such a way that it will make it easier to attract players of the like of Robinson, so lets hope the board see it the same way
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by ChineseGull »

Could anyone tell me which of the players in question are signed for the rest of the season?
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

ChineseGull wrote:Could anyone tell me which of the players in question are signed for the rest of the season?
Stanley, Oastler and Robinson I think.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

HRG wrote: Stanley, Oastler and Robinson I think.
And Murray I think. Tomlin and Pringle are just for a month at the moment, but it seems there is potential for Tomlin's deal to be extended to the end of the season too.

Its also worth nothing that Stanley isn't quite here till the end of the season. He signed on a one month loan on Jan 31st, which was then extended to the full 93days. As such, it will expire after the Chesterfield game on April 29th and he won't be available for Rotherham away, or any play-off games should we make it.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

really rate jake robinson and craig stanley. would love to see them both in a yellow shirt next season but i have read somewhere about jake in particular viewing this loan spell as a 'shop window', and fair play to him really if thats his view. he's young and talented and probably wants to keep his options open.

if qpr get promoted i think oastler might be a possibility, but would he really want to be a squad player in league two(/one)?

pringle and murray wont happen, and tomlin ive not seen yet.

just as a side note, i think all of these players are amongst the most exciting we've seen here for a couple of years now. we've got players all across the attacking board that add different things to a game, and we're in a great position. i do worry though, that if we get promoted (and that is an 'if'...), we wont be able to secure the loan players anyway and bigger teams will come in for the likes of eunan, billy, etc.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele