Player of the season vote?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Member_Rob

Player of the season vote?

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Just wondered if if anyone has heard about POTS vote?

Wouldn't be surprised if we make it an online vote rather than the paper system you usually see but only 1 home game left so it must be soon?
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Has to be Asa Hall for me,

100 % effort every match
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think this will be a close run thing, we can point to so many players and how their individual contributions led to us winning a number of points, but the two stand outs for me are Hall and Reid.

The team didn't look as good when Hall's missed a few games through injury, and boy did we miss his calming influence and experience in the middle yesterday, but then the local lad who came good, and has scored so many goals has a real shout, and would be surprised if he didn't top the poll.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

forevertufc wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 09:02 Think this will be a close run thing, we can point to so many players and how their individual contributions led to us winning a number of points, but the two stand outs for me are Hall and Reid.

The team didn't look as good when Hall's missed a few games through injury, and boy did we miss his calming influence and experience in the middle yesterday, but then the local lad who came good, and has scored so many goals has a real shout, and would be surprised if he didn't top the poll.
:goodpost: I've noticed this too - Hall in my mind has been the driving force behind this young team.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Jamie Reid would certainly get my shout considering the journey he has been on since he first arrived here as a loanee from Exeter.
But it is a team game and for once I can't think of a single player who didn't put in a shift all season since Johnson's arrival.
Also spare a thought for Shaun MacDonald; drove for seven hours down from the North East to take part in an end of season trial to get the no.2 spot. When Bass was out injured he grabbed the chance with both hands to make the no.1 spot his and we have never looked back.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Asa Hall for me.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Jamie Reid has been immense, where on Earth would we be without him.
It's a vote for a season and watching Asa times like Oxford city back in Aug or whenever it was and even Gloucester he believed when even most fans didn't, he simply never gave up, couple that with a cool head he gets my vote,just, over Reid but it will be close.

I'd be interested in who Asa and Jamie would vote for
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Asa Hall for me, too. Saikou Janneh as young player - someone who I think will have a good career in the Leagues above.

Reidy and Hall will be a close run thing as Reidy’s goal scoring haul is pretty phenomenal. I’d be happy with either of them getting it.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

According to the OS details of voting are being announced during the coming week.
In the meantime don't forget to vote in the National Game Awards.
Manager of the Year: Gary Johnson
Team of the Year: Torquay United
Player of the Year: Asa Hall
Golden Boot: Jamie Reid
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Ben Wynter and Shaun MacDonald must be in with a shout of young player of year. That vote could be split also, maybe a series of indicative votes under a PR system could be employed to get a winner. :rofl:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

forevertufc wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 13:33 Ben Wynter and Shaun MacDonald must be in with a shout of young player of year. That vote could be split also, maybe a series of indicative votes under a PR system could be employed to get a winner. :rofl:
So we should know the result by 2025 then.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It's a shame you've got to pick one in my view when you get a season like this they are all players of the year and leave it there. :whistle:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

arcadia wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 20:25 It's a shame you've got to pick one in my view when you get a season like this they are all players of the year and leave it there. :whistle:
Yes - I agree. Last season, we were saying that there shouldn't be a Player of the Season vote because no one deserved it. This season has been a whole team effort so it seems unfair to pick out one or two players. Forever suggests Ben Wynter or Shaun MacDonald as Young Player of the Year. But what about Kyle Cameron? He's such a mature player, but he's only 21 or 22. Then there's Saiko Janneh of course. There are several options ..... just like Brexit!! :@
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Good shout with Cameron for Young Player, too. Choices, choices...
JackyB gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Jean-yves Koue Niate

Post by JackyB gull »

For Me:
Player Of The Season:Jean-yves Koue Niate
Young Player Of The Season:Ben Wynter