FA Cup 1st Round Draw - Sunday 27th Oct

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

We need the cash so whoever we get it's a must win/cup final. Defeat in 1st round is going to make it tough for us.
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Alfreton away would do nicely, I couldn't walk there but a 10 minute drive and i'm there.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Lincoln away please
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

lucy6lucy wrote:]no doubt it will be Sheffield utd away
i'd love that
still keeping the faith
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

For me to attend it will need to be away in the south east quarter of the country. On a selfish note fancy a trip to the Crabble (Dover), or perhaps a home tie against either Dartford or Ebbsfleet, with a Tuesday night replay within a couple of miles of work!

Would try to make the journey for Wolves away too I guess.

But as said above, anybody and anywhere as long as we win.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah boi, let's go to Dartford. Princess Park is the prettiest ground in the UK (they have a massive, carved wood statue supporting the roof over one side). They're also a pretty good side and a club run and supported the right way.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

Never been, even though I work on the outskirts of the town. Have thought about going quite a few times, and a cup match there would obviously be a no-brainer, although the banter would not be pleasant at all were we to lose!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

ferrarilover wrote:Yeah boi, let's go to Dartford. Princess Park is the prettiest ground in the UK (they have a massive, carved wood statue supporting the roof over one side). They're also a pretty good side and a club run and supported the right way.

Matt.
If they're a 'pretty good side' I'd suggest they're best avoided!

I'd like a home draw, against a team 2 or 3 leagues below us. It certainly wouldn't guarantee a result, but a comfortable victory and a confidence boost is exactly what we need, and that would be our best chance.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

Fonda wrote: If they're a 'pretty good side' I'd suggest they're best avoided!

I'd like a home draw, against a team 2 or 3 leagues below us. It certainly wouldn't guarantee a result, but a comfortable victory and a confidence boost is exactly what we need, and that would be our best chance.
Like last year you mean?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Indeed. Hence wouldn't guarantee a result but would be our best chance.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

Don't disagree, but could work the other way also. Just as it could if we were to win a tougher tie.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

FavGull wrote:Don't disagree, but could work the other way also. Just as it could if we were to win a tougher tie.
Of course. But if you were to weigh up the odds, we've got more chance of beating a rubbish team at home than a decent one away. Just because we lost to a rubbish one last year, doesn't alter that.
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

Again, I agree. How could you not? But I will say this:

A - Hopefully the morale boosting victory will come prior to the cup tie, at Bury next week.

B - A (relatively) money spinning tie away at the likes of a Wolves, with little potential to damage morale, could provide the platform to achieve even more, make a few more quid on the way, and have a good day out for all involved, including the potential for the players to learn a little, hopefully on the way to a positive performance/result.

It matters little, as the balls will be matched in an hour or so anyway, and nothing we can do to influence it. We will just have to beat whoever is put in front of us
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

When is the draw taking place?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.