Howe Injury

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'd agree with that aswell Nick. Though I think it was always going to take him a couple games to get back to form.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

This will be a blow and blunt still further our cutting edge up front. Can't see us scoring more than one so the defence had better be good. Saah will have to step up from where he left off if that is to happen.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

We seem to be completely overlooked Chris McPhee with 2 goals...he could be our suprise weapon for the final stretch... :)
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Modgull wrote:This will be a blow and blunt still further our cutting edge up front. Can't see us scoring more than one so the defence had better be good. Saah will have to step up from where he left off if that is to happen.
Credit where credit's due, Saah did step up to the plate. If the defence keep playing lie that we will pick up lots of points even if not too many goals.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Atieno caused a few problems in the first half especially.... would imagine he'll keep his place, even if Howe's fit for Tuesday..
mcgull1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodny Jack Jack Jack

Post by mcgull1 »

He seems to have so much more confidence on the ball now, and more often than not uses it to good effect in general play, probably more than i expected following his early season performances. It probably just now a matter of a few goals for him and his confidence in and around the box will hopefully rocket!!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Wisconsin_gull wrote:We seem to be completely overlooked Chris McPhee with 2 goals...he could be our suprise weapon for the final stretch... :)
This. He will strike fear into opposition defences if he gets a run in the team. :bow:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

AlexGulls wrote: This. He will strike fear into opposition defences if he gets a run in the team. :bow:
Please excuse my ignorance, but I should appreciate an explanation of the meaning behind your use of the word 'this' in this context. It's not the first time I have come across the word used in this way in internet forums. Maybe I'm getting old, or I'm living too much as a recluse, but I do seem to have difficulty in keeping up with modern idiomatic expression. I only seem to understand, for the most part, plain simple old-fashioned English.. :|
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I believe following/quoting a post with the word "this" is a very short a simple way of saying , I argee with what is written above etc, etc
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

forevertufc wrote:I believe following/quoting a post with the word "this" is a very short a simple way of saying , I argee with what is written above etc, etc
Thanks forever. Argee?? =D
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gullscorer wrote: Thanks forever. Argee?? =D
This :rofl:
Formerly known as forevertufc
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

I was an Atieno doubter until Saturday. That was the first game where in my opinion he didn't let any of the team down.

In a comparison to the Plymouth match at the beginning of January, Atieno had a decent touch retained possession looked a threat with the ball at his feet. Although he needs to work on his heading. But in all a remarkable improvement, hence the reason I gave him my MOTM.

I no longer feel worried with Atieno as Howe's replacement. I also thought Atieno looked sharp when he came off the bench onto the wing in our last home match. Is now very good competition for Howe as well as Morris/Stevens if Howe is chosen as the lone striker.

Long may he continue in this form.