Torquay United v Exeter City - now 15/01/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

Still debating what to do about Exeter at home. A few on here are saying stay in the middle, facebook saying go down the end. We obviously want to try and make it the best atmosphere we can, so whatever the majority think we'll do.

:whistle:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

holsten wrote:Still debating what to do about Exeter at home. A few on here are saying stay in the middle, facebook saying go down the end. We obviously want to try and make it the best atmosphere we can, so whatever the majority think we'll do.

Away end, period. Drown out the Sage Army ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

holsten wrote:Still debating what to do about Exeter at home. A few on here are saying stay in the middle, facebook saying go down the end. We obviously want to try and make it the best atmosphere we can, so whatever the majority think we'll do.

Why not go between the middle and the away end?
TUST No 278
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Last season sat for one game in the family stand and you could hear the group singing down by the away end, yes there is a problem on the popside those in the middle will not able to hear what being sung down by the away end.Difference is those in Bristows bench will be able to hear and hopefully will carry it around..stick to yellow themed chants though, and I will go with the majority.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Is this all ticket? Think it's unlikely I can persuade the Mrs to drop me off as we drive down to see family, but on the off chance it'd be good to know I can get in.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Torquay are 11/8 in places with a Greeks win at 15/8. The draw is around the 12/5 mark. I fancy the Greeks to win but i think 15/8 is a skinny price considerinf we've only lost once at home in the league. I don't make a habit of betting against my own side but the last time i did i got fingers well and truly burnt when i backed Gillingham and we beat them 2-1! I think 11/8 is a decent enough price if you strongly fancy a home win.

Rene is 9/2 favourite to score first goal and he is due one but evergreen talisman Jamie Cureton could be a better bet at 11/2. A 2-1 victory for the away side is 9/1 whilst the same scoreline for us is around 15/2.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

Can't wait for tomorrow!!! First game since the Accy game in October due to uni, and this is gonna be a cracker! :scarf:
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

I can't wait either providing its on! Got my shirt on and just waiting for Scottish Gull to pick me up from Leeds now .. Proper day trippers!! Haha an doing it all again for Boxing Day at Argyle .. Crazy
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

What is the attendance likely to be for this given it is now an evening game?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Greeks sold their allocation for the original game and although they had about 70 returns due to the postponement will probably have re-sold them without any problem.Not sure about no of Gulls fans who have sought reimbursement-would imagine quite a few exiles and those that were home for christmas won't be able to go ,but there will also be quite a number of occasionals who bought tickets who will still go for the derby factor. Tickets for Bristows Bench sold well for the first game and was expected to be full. Still able to pay on night for Pop side and Family stand so a decent result tomorrow might put a couple of hundred on the gate. Looking at about 4,300 I reckon.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

shall be down near away end but very optomistic asthey have good away record and our performance at the moment is shocking.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

yellowmonkey wrote:shall be down near away end but very optomistic asthey have good away record and our performance at the moment is shocking.
More like you will be in the away end you dirty grecian!

Your Freudian slip shows you for what you really are!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I think you are right Richinns, I always suspected that Mr Monkey was a Greek coming on here to troll this site, his history strongly suggests this :scarf:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

With snow being forecast for tomorrow, could this be in question again? Certainly if the weather is awful the attendance will be affected..
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

been heavy rain at the moment