Ready for criticism

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I'd imagine there will be plenty of singers in the middle still.
TF12Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Niall Thompson

Post by TF12Gull »

A few will be in middle yes party but 75% of us will be up end
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I actually think it's a mistake for you all to head down to the away end. This will fail to create an atmosphere in the rest of the ground as nobody will be able to hear you.

I thought we'd discussed this ad nauseum in the past.

Singers in middle good, singers down end bad.

Oh, plus I'll have less space to stand in! Hehe.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The only reason they want to go down towards the away end is to taunt the Exeter fans. :clap: :-D

Do some taunting for me as i can't be there. :'(
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

austrianandygull wrote:The only reason they want to go down towards the away end is to taunt the Exeter fans. :clap: :-D

Do some taunting for me as i can't be there. :'(
There might be some goals then!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
TF12Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TF12Gull »

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

To you lads,

I'm not sure if you've definitely decided to move down toward the corner for this one, but, I hope you don't. You've made an improvement to the noise levels already; and surely you'd want to show that off to this lot on Saturday? It's the sort of game that a lot of people will join in with - I remember the POSF game and the Popside was buzzing (for 69 minutes) - it was awesome. Make that happen again by staying where you are - more people (including me) will join in but should you go in the corner where nobody hears you JUST to try and taunt the Exeter fans - well, it's pointless and we won't be able to join in!

I'm sure others are in the same sort of boat as I am - regulars who love a sing song but at the same time actually want a good view of the game!
TF12Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TF12Gull »

Nick gull all of our group are going down the end it was one thing we all agreed on at start of season that only for derby games we go down end, however there will be a drum in the middle unfortunately it will be Barlow on it and I will be on the drum down the end.

The next home game and for all the rest we will be back in the middle
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Got to agree with nick on this one. Going down the away end is going to dampen the atmosphere we could create with everyone being in the middle. there is no way the family stand or Bristow's Bench will be able to hear nor join in to make a cracking atmosphere at the game. With 1,500 Exeter fans making the journey to Plainmoor we need everyone to feel involved and join in the sing along, not just 100/200 people.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Something like this can go as far as affecting the performance of the players. Staying in the middle will ensure as many people as possible can join in in the ground. What's better- 1000 people singing at the Exeter fans across the Popside and other areas of the ground, or 200 people in a concentrated area of the stadium? It's a no-brainer that they stay in the middle.

The fact there will be two drums at the game says it all. Even the singers know they can't be heard from the far end.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

FFS don't split the singers in this game of all games!! Stay in one place! No point having a group of ten lads down the end and the rest in the middle! We need to show the scum that we're loud and we get behind the boys! Either all go down the end or better still, ALL STAY IN THE MIDDLE AND BELT IT OUT!!!!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Selfish on the part of those going down the end :|
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well the title of the thread says "ready for criticism" and you are getting that now.

The thing is - what are you going to do about it?

You can't do what you want, then moan afterwards about the shit atmosphere - listen to those people who want to sing etc but want to stay in the middle and be prepared to adapt to do what the majority want.

I fear if you ignore them, the group you have formed will just end up dying a death.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

We'll do what ever the majority vote, which is a bit of a dilemma! People can't just not show any interest in the group and then decide what should happen. We obviously want to get as many involved and the best atmosphere as possible, but it's a bit of a difficult decision I must say.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

How hard is it?

Stay in the **** ing middle, just like EVERYONE who is older, wiser and smarter than you is telling you to. **** ing kids these days, do as you're bloody well told. Stop smoking behind the bike sheds and aiming to finger bang Mary Jane Rottencrotch (name the film), get some qualifications and a decent job. Do not stand down by the away fans, you're all ugly, stupid and about as tough as week old trifle. You'll embarrass yourselves by "taunting" the oppo fans, attempting to make believe that you might be the extras from Green Street, then shit yourselves when one of the proper, old school hardnuts (think SG on steroids) jumps the barrier and comes for you.

Stay in the middle, bang your little drum and sing some songs instead of trying to play up to the Danny Dyer (what a prize **** he is, by the way) example of football supportership.

Or something...

Matt.

Just to clarify, I am strictly of the view that you should remain in the middle.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"