Ready for criticism

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
uberwozza
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: caldwell

Post by uberwozza »

I think Torquay Youth Squad has a good ring to it
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't agree the moment you put youth-squad or crew in your name and you because instantly know as holigans nothing wrong with fanatics.
Formerly known as forevertufc
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

I think uberwozza is on a wind-up, forevertufc.

TYS was the name given to our rather motley 'crew,' about 25 years ago.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I did wonder, I do remember that group funny how they allways went missing when any big club came down :whistle:
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Well you say that, but once, after we had lost a friendly to Leicester, I saw a car with a Foxes window sticker... AND SOMEONE HAD BENT THE WINDSCREEN WIPER
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I think if this is really going to take off and become a successful idea, the club needs to be right behind it! It's no good doing this, bringing in the flags and banners and having to fight with the stewards every game. Also, other fans need to be known to the 'Torquay fanatics' idea. There really is no point in the idea, if in a few months time, there are 10 fans involved.

Coming onto a second point, have you ever thought about letting the club know on an anthem idea Walshy? I know the group in the middle, every game, sing Bob Marley's 'three little birds'. It's a good catchy tune, everyone knows it (well everyone should know the chorus at least!) and is quite suitable to us Torquay fans, we always need the reassurance that everything's going to be alright! My point is, maybe we could get that song played just before kick off or something? That way, it would encourage the WHOLE ground join in and become Torquay United's anthem?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

I agree Danny. We're currently doing our best to promote the idea as well as working with the club. I've sent the club an email and will be visited Plainmoor tomorrow.

Coming onto your second point, I love that song. It's catchy and most people know the words. I'll let the club know tomorrow, give it a trial run is the very least they can do!

Also, got 2 of these (5ft/5ft - bigger than I expected) thanks to united09!

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Nice socks... :rofl:

Flag pretty good aswell :clap:
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

forevertufc wrote:Nice socks... :rofl:

Flag pretty good aswell :clap:
:rofl:
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Any news from the club visit Walshy? Really like the idea of turning three little birds into a TQ anthem, the only thing that would hamper that would be speakers on the pop, are they even on these days? If its possible, it would be good to get it in place for Dagenham so it becomes familiar before the city game. Credit to you if this takes off though Danny, let's hope in decades to come that the pop is singing along to some pre-game Marley, genius!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Any updates on progress or owt else to do with the group Walshy? :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

UPDATES

First and foremost, I had a meeting with Rob Stanley the other day about the idea and the flags. I explained what we are all about and how we are trying to improve the atmosphere which he fully backed. Upon meeting him I was concerned that he wouldn't allow stick flags in. However, I showed Mr Stanley the new 1.5m/1.5m stick flags (2 of them) and the poles they used. He gave them the all clear, and said because of their size it's advisable to only use them at the bottom when the teams come out (something you'll see from tomorrow against Dagenham). He even said he will get one of the stewards to put them behind the 50/50 stand during the game.

Coming onto other flags, I spoke to Rob about having smaller flags in the Pop during the game. He looked at the poles we're using (10mm hollow/bendy pvc) and said they were fine, BUT anything we do have made we'll just have to run it by him. He said he's fully behind the idea, and we'll just monitor it week-by-week, and come to me if there are any problems rather than having a boistrous stewarding approach.

We raised the funds for a very large order yesterday and it will be delivered in plently of time for City at home.

0.5m/0.5 stick flags - 50 pieces
This design but smaller

Banderi flags 75/75cm [one stick either side] - 3 pieces

Stickers [5x5cm] - 1000 pieces
Torquay Fanatics Badge used on these.

We've also had the FANATICS 10ft PVC flag 'drilled' into the central block back wall in the Popside. All progress at last! Will have more updates as and when.

:scarf: :scarf:
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

Oh and I did ask about the Three Little Birds Brooker, I'll have to get in contact with the tannoy bloke somehow because he chooses the songs, not the directors. Shouldn't be too hard though!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Bloody good work that! :) :scarf:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Walshy,
Just to say I'm a 51 year old miserable git that stands in the Pop (under stanchion 2) and think your idea of the fanatics and flags are great ideas! Can I have one to do with the same old bird ? Brilliant!!
Good luck and lets show the unmentionables what real support is about!!!