Your starting 11

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

And this is just it. I don't actually care who he plays, provided It works. I don't give a toss if Danny goes in goal, Rene at CB and we play 9 holding midfielders, but if we play excellent football and reap the rewards (please note, Cheaty fans, the style of play is much more important than promotion alone) I really won't care.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

Seing all these proposed starting teams, it makes me worry that there is no back up for rene if he got injured or suspended.
i assume jarvis is there to deputise but imho he couldn't play the rene role at league 2.
we seem to have an abundance of wingers but only 1 rene :-/
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Wubble U wrote:Seing all these proposed starting teams, it makes me worry that there is no back up for rene if he got injured or suspended.
i assume jarvis is there to deputise but imho he couldn't play the rene role at league 2.
we seem to have an abundance of wingers but only 1 rene :-/
Jarvo did a capable job against Cheltenham in the PO 2nd leg. Not the same sort of game as Rene but very few players possess that
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Everyone this season starts afresh with a clean sheet including Pokey, Ricey and Danny Stevens.

My starting XI would differ from Dinger's for many reasons including :

I don't see the players in training
I don't consider the venue
I don't consider the opposition
I don't consider the tactics of the opposition with regard to the venue
I don't consider our tactics towards the opposition with regard to the venue
Fitness/match fitness
Injuries
etc etc . . .

So my starting XI will be exactly the same as Dinger's and when in the pub after and debate's about with regard to plan A to Z off the bench, I'll say that I'd have done precisely the same as Dinger.

:lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

Poke

Oastler Saah Downes Nicholson

Mansell Easton Lathrope

Bodin Stevens
Howe

But now we have a few injuries(Stevens, Macklin, Craig, Halpin) and Bodin on U21 duty for Leicester....
So prob stick Jarvis and Morris as wide forwards for Leicester game supporting Rene, or Yeoman could get a chance?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'd put Morris in the centre and put Thompson on the wing for Tuesday. We severly lack pace on the wings and hes showed in Pre-Season he can do a job this season.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

For me on Tuesday, we should go with the Lathrope - Mansell - Easton midfield trio, Jarvis - Howe - Morris up front given the injury situation. Play it safe and go with the know quantities, but by all means include Thompson on the bench to spice things up if neccessary.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Jeff wrote:For me on Tuesday, we should go with the Lathrope - Mansell - Easton midfield trio, Jarvis - Howe - Morris up front given the injury situation. Play it safe and go with the know quantities, but by all means include Thompson on the bench to spice things up if neccessary.
That team might be okay for Tuesday but I wouldn't like to see it in League Two. I think it lacks that attacking flair and pace required to break down teams we should beat.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Bodin, Macklin, Stevens, Halpin and Craig all missing doesn't leave us with too much. It pretty much has to be two from Jarvis, Morris, Yeoman and Thompson.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gulliball wrote:Bodin, Macklin, Stevens, Halpin and Craig all missing doesn't leave us with too much. It pretty much has to be two from Jarvis, Morris, Yeoman and Thompson.
Wow - 4 potential wingers injured! Think he will be forced to play Lathrope Easton and Manse in the middle and move morris out wide with Jarvis tuther side. Not ideal but rather we had less injury issues for Fleetwood than Leicester.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Well it seems royalgull's notion that Ling will stick with the players from last year is not the way he is thinking about it:

“I have narrowed it down to about 14 names and the 11 will come from that,” said Martin. “I have eight positions that I know and there are three positions still up for grabs.

“There have been some good performances over pre-season, both by the lads that were here previously and the new boys.

“People like Tom Cruise has come in and been excellent, Craig Easton has been excellent, and so have [Michael] Poke and [Aaron] Downes. The four I’ve not known before are putting pressure on other people.

“Loyalty is a strange thing and the lads did do well last year, but the team will be picked on what I feel will be the best side to beat Leicester, and then the best team to beat Fleetwood. If that means a couple of the lads from last year are left out, then so be it.”

Have to say - this is the best approach for me.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Manager is hardly going to say it's a closed shop and the new lads will all have to wait to play. Keeps everyone on their toes with what he's said.

Still don't think we'll see any major changes although we are probably going to be forced into a few for the Leicester game.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Richinns wrote:Well it seems royalgull's notion that Ling will stick with the players from last year is not the way he is thinking about it:

“I have narrowed it down to about 14 names and the 11 will come from that,” said Martin. “I have eight positions that I know and there are three positions still up for grabs.

“There have been some good performances over pre-season, both by the lads that were here previously and the new boys.

“People like Tom Cruise has come in and been excellent, Craig Easton has been excellent, and so have [Michael] Poke and [Aaron] Downes. The four I’ve not known before are putting pressure on other people.

“Loyalty is a strange thing and the lads did do well last year, but the team will be picked on what I feel will be the best side to beat Leicester, and then the best team to beat Fleetwood. If that means a couple of the lads from last year are left out, then so be it.”

Have to say - this is the best approach for me.

Perfect management IMO :-D

Martin Ling's Yellow Army! :bow: :scarf:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.