Swindon Town Reserves v TUFC Reserves

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

After the poor performance in the final third at Chesterfield, and a crucial home game approaching this weekend, surely it is a no-brainer to bring Kee into a 4-4-2 against Rotherham? He'll be carrying a bit of form, thats for sure! Either Stevens or O'Kane could make way.

Sounds like a pretty crazy day up at Swindon. At least we got a game on and the likes of Lathrope, Rose and Senda managed to get some minutes under their belts.

Interesting to see that 3 of Swindon's goals came from a triallist called John Campbell - on trial from Newcastle Benfield of the Northern League I believer (the same level as Dawlish). Now we've got a reserve team, it surprises me we don't trial more players like this. It doesn't hurt anyone giving them a bit of time in the reserves and we could uncover a real gem.

It reminds me of a few years ago when we trialled Ivybridge striker Mark Berry - he was averaging something like 60 goals a season or something equally mental, so was worth a look at least. It didn't work out in the end, he only looked about good enough for conference South but that is still some way above the level he was playing at. Every season in the Football League someone uncovers a gem from nowhere - Charlie Austin for example - so it doesn't hurt to look!
Pepperami
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Pepperami »

If you're anywhere short of decent, Billy's gonna get ya. Well done!!