Bristow's Bench / Grandstand Latest Pictures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

batesout wrote:Will look nice full of leeds fans in july.
Nothing looks "nice" with Leeds fans in it.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Nothing looks "nice" with Leeds fans in it.
Torquay police station will :lol:
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Brist ... 00,00.html

Apologies if people have seen this before!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by sadlad »

A couple of photos I took last Tuesday...

I have to say it looks a smashing stand and when all the building work is finished Plainmoor will look a neat and tidy ground.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Good snaps sadlad. It's looking very impressive now and i can't wait to watch a game in it, although i'll still mainly go on the pop when i make my infrequent trips to Plainmoor. Amazing all the same.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by sadlad »

Pleasure mate. Couldn't believe my good luck when the gates were open in Marnham Road (the groundsman and a young lad were painting them! ) and I asked if I could go in and take a couple of quick snaps.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, the stand looks terrific. But I won't be sitting in it. My 50th anniversary of attending Plainmoor is next March and I intend to keep standing - among the senile delinquents on the pop. side, where once I watched Ernie Pym, Colin Bettany, Terry Adlington, Tommy Northcott and the greatest of them all - ROBIN STUBBS.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Seeing the new yellow seats just emphasises the fact that the family stand seats are so poor and need replacing.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Not only that danny but they look orange!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

austrianandygull wrote:Not only that danny but they look orange!
Or gold perhaps, the colour we used to play in! (In the olden days!)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The colours of the seats in the two stands do illustrate how the club's colours changed over the years from gold to yellow. I actually prefer the old gold colour myself. Maybe that relects my age..!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I may be wrong but wasnt the family stand built in the early 90's , and im fairly sure the 1991 kit was the light yellow and white one, so I wouldnt think that shade of yellow was chosen on that basis. This is all done from memory, I have checked none of these facts, so feel free to correct!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

oldpedant wrote: Or gold perhaps, the colour we used to play in! (In the olden days!)

I didn't know that we used to play in gold! :Oops:

( cue response from Jonnyfive about how i know nothing about 'his' club and how if i were a local from Torquay i would know this and therefore i am an idiot and have an even lesser right now to support Torquay - a club in a place i have no connection with whatsoever ) :'(

But gold they look oldpedant and they should indeed be replaced by brand spanking new bright yellow ones to complement the BB. It's an opportunity missed not putting the Leeds fans in there for our PSF as they could have ripped them all out for free and save us paying labour costs. :clap:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

austrianandygull wrote:But gold they look oldpedant and they should indeed be replaced by brand spanking new bright yellow ones to complement the BB. It's an opportunity missed not putting the Leeds fans in there for our PSF as they could have ripped them all out for free and save us paying labour costs. :clap:

:lol:
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

Kernowgull wrote:I may be wrong but wasnt the family stand built in the early 90's , and im fairly sure the 1991 kit was the light yellow and white one, so I wouldnt think that shade of yellow was chosen on that basis. This is all done from memory, I have checked none of these facts, so feel free to correct!
Even using this site, it is difficult to see whether the shirts were still gold or yellow during that period.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Torquay ... United.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;