I hate this time of year!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

I hate this time of year!

Post by Richinns »

Seems nothing exciting to talk about at the moment. No new signings and this year not even some juicy rumours!

Last year was easier because we had the Buckle/Ling saga and all that brought but so far we seem to be losing 3 (although 2 seem to be a long and drawn out process) and nothing new as yet to come in.

Any news, any tit-bits, anyone??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Feeling exactly the same...... :-(
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Agree, but I do know of a recently released player that I would like to recommend to ML from up here.....anyone know how I would go about this in a serious fashion, rather than just an 'there's a lad down the park' type approach?
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

I can understand how you are feeling but i think now that we have had Martin Ling for a year its best to let him get the players when he can. Everyone wants to hear of a signing im sure but remember last year at this ime when you heard "Olejnik" had signed....."who?" was what everyone said but look what he turned out to be. Im more than happy for him to wait and get the right player than just bring a signing to please the fans. We still have the basis of a good squad here and add Nathan Craig and possibly Craig Easton to it then im happy with that.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

stratfordgull wrote:Agree, but I do know of a recently released player that I would like to recommend to ML from up here.....anyone know how I would go about this in a serious fashion, rather than just an 'there's a lad down the park' type approach?
Good question. I wonder if that's happened before - A player recommended to a club by a fan (or other 'unofficial' party) who did then get picked up.

I suppose you could always try Andrew Candy as he seems to be our main 'in' with the club, but I don't know how likely it is that it'd be acted upon. You'd have to think that Ling has agents and clubs calling him every day trying to get players sorted out.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

My thoughts exactly Happy, which is why I haven't done anything about it because I presume that everyone's Nan would be sending in emails (well letters I suppose) saying how good little Johnny is. This one is someone that I noticed in under 18 game reports, then he turned up in the reserves but was released due to the club having no money and he was ill for a while mid-season.

I'd guess that the scouts of all clubs see lists and exchange info etc but you never know, and I'd hate to think that I stood back and did nothing. And worse, I suppose he could turn up at Creepy or somewhere else undeserving.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

happytorq wrote: Good question. I wonder if that's happened before - A player recommended to a club by a fan (or other 'unofficial' party) who did then get picked up.
This actually happened with a player at Yeovil, Kieran Agard, I believe. Loads of fans recommended him to the manager (Terry Skiverton) on Twitter and he signed him.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Probably easier just to phone up Martin Ling and pretend to be George Weah. You don't even need a video for that.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Gulliball wrote:Probably easier just to phone up Martin Ling and pretend to be George Weah. You don't even need a video for that.
:clap:

Ali Dia was a footballing master.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...