BSP Play-Offs

General chat about anything else goes here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

come on wrexham, 2-1 up now, one more for ET, i'm right in thinking that away goals DON'T count double in playoffs arent i??
still keeping the faith
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Good old Buckle, thought the job was done and took off Fleetwood, what happens, they nearly throw it away. Gutted for Wrexham, COME ON YORK!!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Wrexham fought back to win 2-1 but was not enough. Luton through 3-2 on agg.

So its York v Luton in the final.

My moneys on Luton.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Yea...Luton will win it...Poor Wrexham 98 points and not promoted
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

They've gotta do sonething about this Conference promotion situation. You can't have a club picking up 98 points and not getting promoted, that's a bloody farce.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The sooner they make it 3 down from L2 and 3 up from the BSP the better. Makes everything more competetive AND fair. I hope and pray that York can do the business and get promoted, not because of Buckle but because they are my second favourite club as i lived round the area a few years ago and still watch them now and again. PLUS York, day out, really close by, i know where i'm going and it's a treat of a place. Whilst Luton should just be condemned, it's a real shithole. Come on the Minstermen!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
LutonFan
Trialist
Trialist

Post by LutonFan »

Hi, Luton fan here, I come in peace not to start a fight. I read the threads on your board when we appointed Buckle and found them interesting and informative. It's fair to say that he's looking like a pretty good appointment for us at the moment. It's strange that he never seems to have been well liked at Torquay even while he was bringing you a lot of success. I had assumed that the bad feelings were down to the manner he left you but it seems they were there already. When he was appointed we had to hope that he had learnt form his mistakes at Bristol Rovers (and the fan animosity at Torquay too) and he does seem to be making a big effort to keep the fans on side. He really couldn't have come into a better situation in that regard as the Luton fans hated the old manager so just by being a new face we were all ready to give him a chance. Then the immediate, massive improvement in performances and results have made him an instant favourite. Win one more game now and he will reach legend status!

I just wanted to correct an earlier post about Buckle's record at Luton:
ferrarilover wrote:They scraped over the line with two losses and a draw and were lucky that Kiddi also had a poor last few games. He did his best to feck it up.
This isn't right, Luton won 4 and drew 2 of the 6 games under Buckle including beating Kidderminster in a huge game that they only needed to draw to kill us off and beating the 100 point champions at their own ground on the last day. We may have been only a couple of points outside the playoffs when Buckle took over but we were plummeting like a stone. The performances have been awful all season but in the month before Buckle arrived the results had gone south as well. Since Buckle took over we have seen the five best performances and the five best results of the whole season, which is not bad out of 8 games played. Today is a month to the day that we lost 3-1 to a part time team, the game before Buckle took over. Honestly the change is breath taking.

I hope we are playing in League 2 next season but I don't want playing you guys as I hope you find success at Wembley as well. Every one at Luton still has a lot of affection for Lee Mansell and is delighted to see him doing so well with you.

Best of Luck,
Adam
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fair post, Adam. I'm far from a fan of Buckle and seeing him fall flat on his face at Rovers was as pleasurable as it gets but that was partly due to the way some Gasheads (not all) tried to run our noses in it as well as the circumstances surrounding his leaving. Water under the bridge now though and for your sake I hope he gets you back into the League where you belong.

Don't worry about Matt and his inaccuracies, he's well known for talking out of his arse ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Southampton Gull wrote:Fair post, Adam. I'm far from a fan of Buckle and seeing him fall flat on his face at Rovers was as pleasurable as it gets but that was partly due to the way some Gasheads (not all) tried to run our noses in it as well as the circumstances surrounding his leaving. Water under the bridge now though and for your sake I hope he gets you back into the League where you belong.

Don't worry about Matt and his inaccuracies, he's well known for talking out of his arse ;-)

Thats a bit harsh on his arse Dave!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

LutonFan wrote:Hi, Luton fan here, I come in peace not to start a fight. I read the threads on your board when we appointed Buckle and found them interesting and informative. It's fair to say that he's looking like a pretty good appointment for us at the moment. It's strange that he never seems to have been well liked at Torquay even while he was bringing you a lot of success. I had assumed that the bad feelings were down to the manner he left you but it seems they were there already. When he was appointed we had to hope that he had learnt form his mistakes at Bristol Rovers (and the fan animosity at Torquay too) and he does seem to be making a big effort to keep the fans on side. He really couldn't have come into a better situation in that regard as the Luton fans hated the old manager so just by being a new face we were all ready to give him a chance. Then the immediate, massive improvement in performances and results have made him an instant favourite. Win one more game now and he will reach legend status!

I just wanted to correct an earlier post about Buckle's record at Luton:
This isn't right, Luton won 4 and drew 2 of the 6 games under Buckle including beating Kidderminster in a huge game that they only needed to draw to kill us off and beating the 100 point champions at their own ground on the last day. We may have been only a couple of points outside the playoffs when Buckle took over but we were plummeting like a stone. The performances have been awful all season but in the month before Buckle arrived the results had gone south as well. Since Buckle took over we have seen the five best performances and the five best results of the whole season, which is not bad out of 8 games played. Today is a month to the day that we lost 3-1 to a part time team, the game before Buckle took over. Honestly the change is breath taking.

I hope we are playing in League 2 next season but I don't want playing you guys as I hope you find success at Wembley as well. Every one at Luton still has a lot of affection for Lee Mansell and is delighted to see him doing so well with you.

Best of Luck,
Adam
To be completely honest I am not overly surprised he has had a decent impact at your club. One of our criticisms of him was his hard-nosed approach and that he was very narrow-minded. But from what I heard (might be untrue, so correct me if wrong) there was some definite unrest at your club, with some players reported to be 'looking forward to leaving' and some out drinking. And to be fair to Buckle i don't think he'd put up with any behaviour like that. This disciplined style might serve you well now but he did clash with a few fan favourites as his tenure moved on here.

In any case, thanks for coming to post, it's always good to hear thoughts from the other side of the situation, even if they are positive about Buckle!! :lol:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Why do the **** ing BBC insist on doing their form guide right to left? We're in England you ****, we read left to **** ing right!

My (BBC induced) mistake, your late form was better than I realised.

Don't get too excited about Bucks appearing to be all sweetness and light, many Rovers fans came on here, delighting in telling us what a jolly old soul he was at their 'meet n greet'. 3 months down the line and it was a different story...

Matt.

Oh, and sorry old chap, nothing against your club, but I'll be cheering York in the final. Luton really is the most abhorrent shit hole, whereas York is positively delightful.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I watched both BSP play-off games yesterday and enjoyed both.

I watched the Mansfield v York game on Admin Edit: Illegal Website Removed

The Wrexham v Luton game on Admin Edit: Illegal Website Removed

:devil:

Note: Google (Google being legitimate) free football on the internet, see what pops up, then explore from there.

;-)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Thumbs up to Luton Fan. :-D :engflag:

Finish the job and get back in the Football League where you belong. :clap:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yeah, same here really but just not this year - sorry. York is close to my heart so i'm desperate for them to go up but Luton are a club who belong in the football league. The town is a hovel though and i make no apologies for that.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

There absolutely must be three up, three down, between League Two and the BSP. For Wrexham to miss out on promotion with their points total, and for Barnet to avoid their deserved fate season after season is ridiculous.

But I really want Luton to come up and, from the vantage point of League One of course, see them finish at least seven points ahead of Bristol Rovers next season (no disrespect intended to Mark McGhee) so Rovers will see what a brilliant manager they lost.. :whistle: